The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder how you would feel if, because the hospital trust has to now maintain the roads around the hospital and the parking facility through money taken from the patient care budget, there was no surgeon available to take out your appendix? Or there was no available beds in your local hospital and you'd have to wait an extra 30 minutes while the ambulance chases across town to get you in A&E and the next nearest hospital - as happened to me three years ago.

Nothing is "free" when it's paid for by the taxpayer.

Terrible, the health board should really provide more bariatric beds

Edited by beyond our ken

Alright guys, all joking aside ...

he really is a fat arsehole, isn't he?

Besides that, have you ever noticed that he has a story for everything? It happened to him, or a family member, or a friend. Or he spoke to someone who, irrespective of the subject at hand, just happened to agree with his point of view. I think he lives in his own wee world, just like Jenkins from South Park but instead of playing WoW he posts on here. He definitely looks like him anyway apart from Jenkins has too much hair.

He's Lanarkshire's version of Walter Mitty. mellow.png

Unfortunately,this seems to have rubbed off on his two sycophantic lickspittles, given the fairy tales that they've fabricated over the past few months.

He's Lanarkshire's version of Walter Mitty. mellow.png

Unfortunately,this seems to have rubbed off on his two sycophantic lickspittles, given the fairy tales that they've fabricated over the past few months.

Well , considering there is no viable reason to vote naw , then it is only natural that they would be reduced to the kind of made up PISH , the UK government are a dab hand at. .

Scotland said Naw in a loud and clear voice in September. One of the principle reasons for voting no was a lack of confidence in Scotland ability to run it's own economy, another was a knowledge that in an independent Scotland we'd all land up paying through the roof with rises in income tax. So having expressed our democratic wish why are we now seeing both the SNP and Labour pledging to raise Income Tax in Scotland - and ONLY in Scotland - in the event of more powers over taxation being granted to Holyrood?

As I've said repeatedly devolution has been a f**king nightmare for the people of Scotland. We should run these third class politicians out of town and rid ourselves of their high wages + expenses package.

I think you'll find that the No vote left the decision making for income tax with Westminster. If they are now going to choose to devolve it, then it is a result of the No vote - you know, your vote. You've only yourself to blame. lol.gif

The fact that the minute Scottish politicians get a sniff of income tax varying powers they immediately look to raise taxes says all we need to know about the Scottish parliament.

I'll be watching with interest today to see whether it would be better for me to relocate to Carlisle. I'd imagine there will be many others in the same boat

The fact that the minute Scottish politicians get a sniff of income tax varying powers they immediately look to raise taxes says all we need to know about the Scottish parliament.

I'll be watching with interest today to see whether it would be better for me to relocate to Carlisle. I'd imagine there will be many others in the same boat

Nah... Fink I'll be sticking wif Lahndahn.....

The devolving of tax levels is a complete red herring.

As part of a UK it will be totally impracticle to raise tax/threshold levels without being allowed to offset the negatives with positive through other means such as business rates and airport taxes et al which impacts on all Scottish society.

Giving absolute control of this one aspect is almost no different from the ability the parliament has at the moment. ie. raising or lowering tax by 3p.

It really will be a smokescreen.

I think you'll find that the No vote left the decision making for income tax with Westminster. If they are now going to choose to devolve it, then it is a result of the No vote - you know, your vote. You've only yourself to blame. lol.gif

Probably a shrewd move by Westminster. It will take the Scottish parliament about ten minutes to overspend badly, hike taxes and prove what No voters knew all along.

The devolving of tax levels is a complete red herring.

As part of a UK it will be totally impracticle to raise tax/threshold levels without being allowed to offset the negatives with positive through other means such as business rates and airport taxes et al which impacts on all Scottish society.

Giving absolute control of this one aspect is almost no different from the ability the parliament has at the moment. ie. raising or lowering tax by 3p.

It really will be a smokescreen.

So... Are you agreeing that Eck's madness was always just that?

A stupidly, wasteful, impractical vanity project?

What did you want, if you don't want control of your own economy? Just MORE subsidy? :whistle:

What would that be? That being handed powers piecemeal by your overlords is useless? That you need all the powers so that you can offset things accordingly and not just one or two powers that only have effects in specific areas? Nice to see you are coming around.

How is the price of oil going these days? I've heard probably spurious rumours that it's a few pence lower than the SNP's guesstimates. Incidentally, I've never had a problem with Devo Max. You're thinking of the Nationalists.

Wow. No voters NOT happy today.

I've never experienced so many unhappy winners.

pRick is still fighting September's battles by whining about oil prices and everyone else is upset.

In the meantime it's one more risk to independence which has been removed and the vote losers continue to win.

Has there actually been any bad news for the Yes side since the vote was lost?

Any at all?

Has there been any good news for the No side?

Wow. No voters NOT happy today.

I've never experienced so many unhappy winners.

pRick is still fighting September's battles by whining about oil prices and everyone else is upset.

In the meantime it's one more risk to independence which has been removed and the vote losers continue to win.

Has there actually been any bad news for the Yes side since the vote was lost?

Any at all?

Has there been any good news for the No side?

Scotland voted NO:

let it go...

Guest TPAFKATS

You've said that at least twice now, where are you getting this information?

He's looking at how holyrood has had the ability to raise income tax for years but has never used it. Isn't that obvious, if you follow dicko logic :-B

Guest TPAFKATS

Devo max was offered by Broon and the vow according to the unionist media at the time. Federalism was also added into the mix by Broon

Edited by TPAFKATS