The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And it's opinion, I'm entitled to it, so I don't need to provide any proof whatsoever before you start whinging, Maxi/StuD.

No, I'm not Stuart D. I'd like you to prove it or is your answer to that going to be to threaten me again?

I'll take that as a "no, Maximillion, I do not have any proof that you and Stuart D are the same person". Of course, you threw in your usual "spin" to cover your tracks once again...

5/10 I'm afraid - well done on understanding that you're the troll but you need to work on your comprehension skills, Maxi/StuD.

Tick- tock continues.....

Edited by salmonbuddie

Here's a poll that was commissioned by the UK government and they didn't like the results as they showed a gain for YES so they decided to bury it and not publish the results.

I don't think any polls have shown YES to be in the lead by any means, but I think there is evidence that the YES vote has grown in numbers over the last year depending on what data/polls you look at and they are counting on this momentum continuing until September. There was also the spinning of the statistics on this poll too so who knows what to believe.....

I think it could easily end up quite tight on the day.

I just really hope that we can all accept the outcome fair and square either way and move on although I really doubt it. No matter who wins, there will be no end to the "this would never have happened if......" from both sides which is going to get quite annoying.

The letter was published in the Herald. I've no idea if it's true or not but I'd be hugely surprised if any poll done showed anything different from the trends we're seeing across all polls which shows the Yes vote stuck at around 1 in 3. If you take into account error margins that's been consistent since day one.

The only way the referendum will be close IMO is if either the No voters get complacent and opt not to vote - this is what allowed the SNP their majority at the last Scottish Election - or the Yes Campaign changes strategy to show its sums on the economy, it's realistic, honest and it shows exactly what independence will cost. I don't see either of those things happening any time soon.

As for accepting the outcome....well if by some miracle Yes won the No voters would have to accept it or emigrate. If No wins then you can bet your life that Nats will start the campaign for another referendum straight away. The EU and NATO have both said they expect civil unrest in Scotland in the event of a No vote and that's probably the most likely outcome given what we've seen in recent weeks with the way Natsis treated Nigel Ferage.

Here's a poll that was commissioned by the UK government and they didn't like the results as they showed a gain for YES so they decided to bury it and not publish the results.

I don't think any polls have shown YES to be in the lead by any means, but I think there is evidence that the YES vote has grown in numbers over the last year depending on what data/polls you look at and they are counting on this momentum continuing until September. There was also the spinning of the statistics on this poll too so who knows what to believe.....

I think it could easily end up quite tight on the day.

I just really hope that we can all accept the outcome fair and square either way and move on although I really doubt it. No matter who wins, there will be no end to the "this would never have happened if......" from both sides which is going to get quite annoying.

The letter was published in the Herald. I've no idea if it's true or not but I'd be hugely surprised if any poll done showed anything different from the trends we're seeing across all polls which shows the Yes vote stuck at around 1 in 3. If you take into account error margins that's been consistent since day one.

The only way the referendum will be close IMO is if either the No voters get complacent and opt not to vote - this is what allowed the SNP their majority at the last Scottish Election - or the Yes Campaign changes strategy to show its sums on the economy, it's realistic, honest and it shows exactly what independence will cost. I don't see either of those things happening any time soon.

As for accepting the outcome....well if by some miracle Yes won the No voters would have to accept it or emigrate. If No wins then you can bet your life that Nats will start the campaign for another referendum straight away. The EU and NATO have both said they expect civil unrest in Scotland in the event of a No vote and that's probably the most likely outcome given what we've seen in recent weeks with the way Natsis treated Nigel Ferage.

Oh dear.

There is a vast difference to a man objecting to having someone he doesn't agree with in his house to the kind of scenes seen in Scotland this week where "angy Pro Nationalists" besieged a public meeting in a council hall screaming him down calling him "Nazi Scum" without seeing the irony in the actions.

The fact that you confuse the two says it all really. I should pity you really but your too stupid for that. :rolleyes:

More good news that shows we're better together.

UK Unemployment has fallen to a five year low of just 6.8% and the number of people in work rose from an all time record high, to an even higher 30,430,000. Just under half of the UK population is now working When you consider that we have 12,075,000 pensioners and around 12,000,000 under 16's it's quite an incredible record the Coalition government has achieved under difficult circumstances. Average earnings in the UK are also up some 1.7% since this time last year whilst inflation stands at 1.6% meaning that wage rises are ahead of the cost of living once again for the first time since the banking crash.

Even in Scotland the news was good. Unemployment fell by 18,000 to 178,000 and employment rates in Scotland also reached it's best levels since 1992 with 2,585,000 over 16's now in work.

Why would anyone want to leave such a successful political union at a time when there is great recovery and growth and the UK economy has proved resilient enough to withstand even the most catastrophic of financial crises? Only a raving lunatic hell bent on following an ideological path riddled with political leaders desperate to stifle democracy and promote their political autonomy would be that stupid.

Just shows you how out of touch Nato and the EU are with Scotland as is Westminster never read so much nonsense in all my life

Just shows you how out of touch Nato and the EU are with Scotland as is Westminster never read so much nonsense in all my life

I don't know LS. It's obviously an emotive issue and, as we've seen from the Nationalist side, their tolerance levels are low towards their political opponents. Most can see the contempt some Natsi extremists have for democracy in the way they've treated Nigel Farage and any of his fellow UKIP members. I wouldn't be overly surprised if some of the security fears are founded if Scotland votes to remain within the Union.

I don't know LS. It's obviously an emotive issue and, as we've seen from the Nationalist side, their tolerance levels are low towards their political opponents. Most can see the contempt some Natsi extremists have for democracy in the way they've treated Nigel Farage and any of his fellow UKIP members. I wouldn't be overly surprised if some of the security fears are founded if Scotland votes to remain within the Union.

Stuart we might not a agree on this political subject even you are intelligent enough to know there will be no riots in the Streets of Scotland no matter which way the vote goes. Was there riots in the streets in the 70's when Scotland voted YES to independence and was declined. No of course not.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if some of the security fears are founded if Scotland votes to remain within the Union.

I think you should move away just in case, Stuart, as you might be first against the wall.

Somewhere very remote, would be my recommendation. No internet connectivity, most likely....

Did anyone else see a party politicial broadcast by some preposterous right-wing crew last night - something along the lines of Britian First? Good God, this mob put UKIP in Che Guevara's sidecar.

Did anyone else see a party politicial broadcast by some preposterous right-wing crew last night - something along the lines of Britian First? Good God, this mob put UKIP in Che Guevara's sidecar.

Lemmie guess in your Independent Scotland your idea of democracy would be to silence the extreme right? :rolleyes:

The trolling increases:

Dearie me. As I said:-

I'll take that as a "no, Maximillion, I do not have any proof that you and Stuart D are the same person". Of course, you threw in your usual "spin" to cover your tracks once again...

So you took my post and edited it to suit your agenda; I'll join you:

Another lie, folks, that is not at all what I said, only the troll's deliberate misrepresentation of what I said, it really is getting tedious now. Read it for yourself and make your own mind up.

And that last post by the troll really is proof that it's StuD (in my opinion), almost word for word what he said about libraries a while back.

And it's opinion, I'm entitled to it, so I don't need to provide any proof whatsoever before you start whinging, Maxi/StuD.

I did edit that post immediately after posting to add the second line. I know you'll claim I've edited it to read like the version I've quoted but you'll fail - the post clearly states when it was edited, well before your post quoting me.

For that fail, I'll use your trick again:

2/10 I'm afraid - well done on understanding that you're the troll but you need to work on your comprehension skills, Maxi/StuD, and how to relate the information given in an edited post to the current time.

Tick- tock continues.....

The trolling increases:

So you took my post and edited it to suit your agenda; I'll join you:

I did edit that post immediately after posting to add the second line. I know you'll claim I've edited it to read like the version I've quoted but you'll fail - the post clearly states when it was edited, well before your post quoting me.

For that fail, I'll use your trick again:

I think you've lost it SalmonNatsi. You've started quoting yourself....:rolleyes:

Oh my God , I never knew there was so much potential danger out there. I now worry about those poor Norwegians , too . What protection do they have considering they don't have MI5. .

I'm crapping myself , now. .

At least the Isle of Man will still be okay. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Guest TPAFKATS

Oh my God , I never knew there was so much potential danger out there. I now worry about those poor Norwegians , too . What protection do they considering they don't have MI5. .

I'm crapping myself , now. .

At least the Isle of Man will still be okay. .

Don't worry, the positive news is that all these terrorists are only going to use Scotland as a transit point on route to England. Well be fine...mibees we could tax their semtex and use the takings to extend the electricity grid to the islands?

Don't worry, the positive news is that all these terrorists are only going to use Scotland as a transit point on route to England. Well be fine...mibees we could tax their semtex and use the takings to extend the electricity grid to the islands?

Typical. Xenophobic Natsi looking to assist in the murder of others. :rolleyes: