The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Going back and editing your own posts now? You're becoming a bit of a "liability" to the cause just like your beloved "leader"...

At least I confined it to editing my own posts, Maxi/StuD, unlike your fail where you had to resort to editing someone else's.

Don't worry, the positive news is that all these terrorists are only going to use Scotland as a transit point on route to England. Well be fine...mibees we could tax their semtex and use the takings to extend the electricity grid to the islands?

Our only hope is , surely ,that as an independent country not taking part in illegal foreign conflicts that we then become less of a target for terror cells bent on revenge. .

I actually can't remember any terrorist outrage ever taking place in Scotland , in my lifetime. .

Our only hope is , surely ,that as an independent country not taking part in illegal foreign conflicts that we then become less of a target for terror cells bent on revenge. .

I actually can't remember any terrorist outrage ever taking place in Scotland , in my lifetime. .

Only cause Scots are f**king hopeless - thankfully.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/snla-leader-in-court-over-bomb-plot-1-2421193

From Paisley too.

Oh and more recent

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/297169/Scots-extremists-in-warning-over-referendum

Edited by Stuart Dickson

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/independence-poll-bombshell-survey-shows-3544057

Daily Record poll backs up what Jim Sillars and I have been saying.

If only the SNP had picked Sillars as leader and not Alex Salmond there may actually have been a chance of a Yes vote in the referendum. As it is Salmond is toxic. The SNP should dump him, and quickly if their single issue that they've focused on for the last four years is to ever have any chance of becoming reality.

Oh and while you are viewing the article please also note that Survation have the latest poll as

Yes - 36.6%

No - 46.8%

Undecided - 16.6%

All of which is completely consistent with just about every other poll out there - and which shows that the Yes Campaign has made little to no progress at all since their white paper was launched and their campaign started. Those poor Weirs must be feeling really foolish at giving £2.5m to such a poorly run campaign. :rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart Dickson

So, back on topic - why would YOU vote Yes or No?

I think it's been well covered. I'm voting No because I want to retain my current standard of living and I believe that my future is in much safer hands if the Union sticks together than it would be if we were to break away.

If I'm honest I would actually like to see us go one step further after the referendum and close the Scottish Parliament altogether. It seems bizarre that through difficult financial times we continued to maintain a bamboo hut in Edinburgh at the cost of £72m per annum in repair works alone. It seems even more bonkers that in Scotland we created a fourth level of politics just so more politicians could claim a good salary and high expenses running the parish council. The decisions made by the Scottish Parliament have damaged services too. The idea that we take money away from patient care in hospitals to pay for paracetamol and heart burn tablets for the likes of Tom Farmer, Brian Souter and Colin Weir is utterly bizarre. Even worse is the idea that visitors and staff should get free car parking whilst money is taken from patient care to maintain the car park.

In education it's a bizarre system we run in Scotland that we should be collecting tax revenues off cleaners, bin men and checkout operators to fund the further education of tomorrow's politicians, bankers and lawyers.

Devolution has not worked for Scotland, it's proved to be neither fairer or more efficient. And as such I see absolutely no reason to extend the powers of the Scottish Parliament, particularly not to the autonomous and autocratic level that Yes Campaigners would have us reach for.

Ibrox, every 2nd week, during the football season.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/independence-poll-bombshell-survey-shows-3544057

Daily Record poll backs up what Jim Sillars and I have been saying.

If only the SNP had picked Sillars as leader and not Alex Salmond there may actually have been a chance of a Yes vote in the referendum. As it is Salmond is toxic. The SNP should dump him, and quickly if their single issue that they've focused on for the last four years is to ever have any chance of becoming reality.

Oh and while you are viewing the article please also note that Survation have the latest poll as

Yes - 36.6%

No - 46.8%

Undecided - 16.6%

All of which is completely consistent with just about every other poll out there - and which shows that the Yes Campaign has made little to no progress at all since their white paper was launched and their campaign started. Those poor Weirs must be feeling really foolish at giving £2.5m to such a poorly run campaign. rolleyes.gif

The NO campaign have been heavily funded too and have apparently made no ground either then. Their donors must feel pretty foolish to have pumped cash into a sure thing?

Glasgow airport-or were you not born then

Yeh, that well-planned terrorist attack was thwarted by the UKs impressive counter terrorist regime. We had to rely on terrorist stupidity and Smeato to foil that one.

Good old Scotland. As predicted the Commonwealth Games is turning into an absolute fiasco. Problems with ticket sale websites mean 100,000's of tickets remain unsold despite organisers previously claiming they'd sold out. And the opening ceremony has to be the rethought because bizarre plans to blow up a five blocks of flats 3.2miles away from the stadium were deemed "unsafe".

Also in today's news Alex Neil is found guilty of lying to parliament but Alex Salmond has refused to sack him - no doubt because if lying was a sacking offence Salmond would have to sack himself over and over again. And once again George Osbourne has ruled out Currency Union and just incase those silly Natsi's still aren't quite getting the message he's stressed that Scots had been demanding clear answers to clear questions and he said the response couldn't be any clearer. The Labour Shadow Chancellor has made it clear there would be no currency union, the Lib Dem Chief Secretary has made it clear there would be no currency union, and he, the Chancellor of the Exchequer has made it clear there will be no currency union. John Swinney's response was typical. No idea's, proposals or suggestions on currency. No Plan B. Just some bluff and bluster that all the political people carrying the final decision on currency union are full of "bluff and bluster" :rolleyes:

And whilst the Nat's are taking a pummelling across all fields of politics, they've focused all their attention on some alleged poll that may or may not have happened that might show that the Yes Campaign is gaining ground on the No Campaign, even though it would completely buck the trend from the recent spate of opinion polls that do exist and have been published. No doubt Salmond is desperate for some good news after the Daily Record revealed that Jim Sillars comments on Alex Salmond have been backed in their latest poll. Salmond is toxic.

Guest TPAFKATS

You can tell that even the most pro "Yes" people on here realise it's not going to go their way with the fact they've been more interested in smearing good people's names and reputations on here and picking school-yard style fights instead of concentrating on the referendum itself. I hope their recent behaviour isn't a small indicator as to how badly they will react if they lose the referendum.

Sid used to be at least mediocre at hooking folk. This is a particularly pishy attempt...

Guest TPAFKATS

Scottish cringe in full swing once again on here today.

Says a lot about people when they want their country to fail.

I see the evil Alicsammin monster is getting the blame of everything, including an organisation messing up its online ticket sales. I guess it mustve been his fault when folk complained about london 2012 tickets as well rolleyes.gif

I also note that some chap called David Cameron was in Scotland campaigning against Independence today. Must be a coincidence - can't be the PM as I recall he has repeatedly said he isnt getting involved as its a matter for the Scottish people and he doesnt have a vote. I distinctly remember him saying this prior to his speech at the velodrome and also after his plea to Putin to get involved, amongst others. Calling Salmon toxic on the same day that Cameron comes to Scotland is classic BT deflection propaganda tactics. People now see right through this pish.whistling.gif

Brown, Darling and now Osborne - why do Westminster keep employing chancers chancellors who have no idea on the financial issues affecting the UK, including basics like currency and bank notes?

Scottish cringe in full swing once again on here today.

Says a lot about people when they want their country to fail.

I see the evil Alicsammin monster is getting the blame of everything, including an organisation messing up its online ticket sales. I guess it mustve been his fault when folk complained about london 2012 tickets as well rolleyes.gif

I also note that some chap called David Cameron was in Scotland campaigning against Independence today. Must be a coincidence - can't be the PM as I recall he has repeatedly said he isnt getting involved as its a matter for the Scottish people and he doesnt have a vote. I distinctly remember him saying this prior to his speech at the velodrome and also after his plea to Putin to get involved, amongst others. Calling Salmon toxic on the same day that Cameron comes to Scotland is classic BT deflection propaganda tactics. People now see right through this pish.whistling.gif

Brown, Darling and now Osborne - why do Westminster keep employing chancers chancellors who have no idea on the financial issues affecting the UK, including basics like currency and bank notes?

Tell me Tony - are you banning the Prime Minister of the UK from Scotland? Is he not allowed to visit? Is this your idea of democracy?

Thank f**k we're better together

Guest TPAFKATS

I'm not banning anyone, just pointing out that the Prime Minister has been lying...again.

But you knew that didnt you dicko...

Oh, the twisted mind of the troll

Not sure why you corrected that, ts, you were right first time I think.