Why Has Maclean Not Been Arrested?

Vambo57

Why was St.Jonstone's MacLean not booked for his goal celebrations, when he gave the youngsters in The Panda Club the GIRUY sign.

In fact, why has he not been arrested?

Seriously... Child abuse should not be dismissed, just cos he is a 'professional' footballer...

Why was St.Jonstone's MacLean not booked for his goal celebrations, when he gave the youngsters in The Panda Club the GIRUY sign.

In fact, why has he not been arrested?

Seriously... Child abuse should not be dismissed, just cos he is a 'professional' footballer...

Is this a serious post?

Yes, it is serious.

If we had lost the game, I am sure this matter would not be taken so lightly by you lot.

They are children and he abused them, full stop. Do you actually know what Get It Right Up Ye sign alludes to? He is very clearly directing his 'sign' at them.

My 8 yr old Grandson sometimes uses the The Panda Club. I can assure you if he was there yesterday, I would have reported MacLean before now. I am surprised that a parent or Guardian of those present or the Club has not done so already. Maybe they have.

Zero tolerance.

How many 8 year olds know the "get it up you sign" of putting one's hand on the upper arm of the other bent arm?

What age should we teach them that they should be offended by this gesture?

I assume for this to be taken seriously by the police then the offended person would need to complain.

Not some parent saying to his 8 year old that person has just made an offensive gesture in our direction obviously aimed at you as you are only 8 years old.

How many 8 year olds know the "get it up you sign" of putting one's hand on the upper arm of the other bent arm?

What age should we teach them that they should be offended by this gesture?

I assume for this to be taken seriously by the police then the offended person would need to complain.

Not some parent saying to his 8 year old that person has just made an offensive gesture in our direction obviously aimed at you as you are only 8 years old.

So, what you are saying is, because Maclean did not do it to adults in the West Bank and that children don't know what it means, then thats OK? Seriously?

Edited by Vambo57

I didn't notice when I was at the game, but when I saw the highlights my first thought was what a f****n bellend that McLean was for giving the get it up ye sign to the Panda kids. As a very experienced pro he really ought to know better, if he had done it towards anyone but a bunch of wee kids then I don't think Vambo would have been so angry.

So, what you are saying is, because Maclean did not do it to adults in the West Bank and that children don't know what it means, then thats OK? Seriously?

My boy is in the Panda Club and he asked me what the sign meant as McLean did it in front of him.

I told him not to worry as he is a fanny to direct signs at young children.

If i had saw the brave lad outside the ground i would have said something to him along these lines

My boy is in the Panda Club and he asked me what the sign meant as McLean did it in front of him.

I told him not to worry as he is a fanny to direct signs at young children.

If i had saw the brave lad outside the ground i would have said something to him along these lines

So your boy doesn't know the "get it up ye" sign but he knows what a fanny is.

Brilliant.:)

If you wish to be so sensitive then may I suggest that bringing the young chap to the football may not be the best thing for you to do.

As a young laddie I had the pleasure to hear all manner of swear words, racist terms and saw grown men urinating into cans of lager. In fact I even saw one cut his foreskin on the rim of one such can, still makes me laugh today.

Whilst one could not possibly condone any of the aforementioned types of behaviour it is fair to say that the youngster will see various signs made with hands and will hear all manner of swear words. The youngster will be unaffected by it all and if anything it is part of growing up. However if it affects you in such a way then maybe you have to rethink as bringing the wee dude to the soccerball may not be best for you.

If you wish to be so sensitive then may I suggest that bringing the young chap to the football may not be the best thing for you to do.

As a young laddie I had the pleasure to hear all manner of swear words, racist terms and saw grown men urinating into cans of lager. In fact I even saw one cut his foreskin on the rim of one such can, still makes me laugh today.

Whilst one could not possibly condone any of the aforementioned types of behaviour it is fair to say that the youngster will see various signs made with hands and will hear all manner of swear words. The youngster will be unaffected by it all and if anything it is part of growing up. However if it affects you in such a way then maybe you have to rethink as bringing the wee dude to the soccerball may not be best for you.

That makes me laugh today although it wasn't so funny at the time. rip.gif