Why Has Maclean Not Been Arrested?

Vambo57

If you wish to be so sensitive then may I suggest that bringing the young chap to the football may not be the best thing for you to do.

As a young laddie I had the pleasure to hear all manner of swear words, racist terms and saw grown men urinating into cans of lager.  In  fact I even saw one cut his foreskin on the rim of one such can, still makes me laugh today.

Whilst one could not possibly condone any of the aforementioned types of behaviour it is fair to say that the youngster will see various signs made with hands and will hear all manner of swear words.  The youngster will be unaffected by it all and if anything it is part of growing up.   However if it affects you in such a way then maybe you have to rethink as bringing the wee dude to the soccerball may not be best for you.

Foreskin?

He was bloody lucky he didn't get the sac!

So your boy doesn't know the "get it up ye" sign but he knows what a fanny is.

Brilliant.smile.png

Just to avoid confusion, exactly what is meant by that 'f' word in this instance? Does it mean a bottom, another part of the anatomy adjacent to the bottom in approximately half the population or does it just mean a bampot? I like clarity in these matters.

Guest somner9

Where is Somner9 with his big padlock ?

This thread is needing his immediate attention.

Seriously !

What like to stop the usual eejits spouting pish all over it like???

for f**ks sake grow up man!

My name is Calum Gilhooley (its not really ! ) & i have hidden this secret for years.

Bobby Laurie shouted at me when i was a ball boy because i didnt get the ball back quick enough.

Can i have him arrested ?

Can i get counselling

Can i get Compo !!!

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

It was a bad thing for a player to be seen to be doing; especially when there were children in the direction he performed the gesture.

Whether or not Steve MacLean knew that there would be a lot of kids in there or not only he could say but I'm guessing there's a good chance that visiting teams know that the Stand behind the goals that doesn't house their supporters is the Family Stand just like they have probably caught on to the Stand opposite the Main Stand is where a lot of the "hard-core aggaro" boys sit.

Vambo is right when he says that had we lost the game that MacLean's gesture is the sort of thing that would have had this website doing overtime and people wanting to report to the SFA or the Rozzers, that's what supporters are like. So, if people would be making a huge deal of it had we lost the game why are people playing it down because we won? Surely if it's wrong, it's wrong, whether it's in-front of your kids, Mum or Granny? I don't like the idea of kids sitting face on to a professional player saying "get it up ye" and I think most people on here if they were honest and thought about it wouldn't be comfortable with it either.

He made a salute that most respectful mums or grans wouldn't understand.

I remember Jim Dick dropped his drawers at Cappielaw and bared is ass. He became a legend to many on here. How fickle people are.

Kendo,

My Granny knows what it means and she isn't exactly what you'd call "street man" or "down wit da kids, ya-ya-yo-yo". If my Granny understands it's meaning I'm guessing a lot other younger Grannies and Mothers who might take their wee ones to a game will understand it.

As for the "Jim Dick Bottom Spanking" incident, that was genuine class. That was massiiiiiveeeeee folklore, innit?

Oh good God I rest my case.

While to original sentiment is over the top, Maclean's behaviour was completely inappropriate.

I was sitting there in the family stand with my 2 kinds in front of a big sign that reads 'NO SWEARING IN THE FAMILY STAND' watching this numpty swear at a bunch of kids.

More or less unprovoked and 15 mins into a St Mirren-St Johstone game. Can't imagine Thommohawk doing the same thing in Perth.

Apology in order IMO.

He made a salute that most respectful mums or grans wouldn't understand.

I remember Jim Dick dropped his drawers at Cappielaw and bared is ass. He became a legend to many on here. How fickle people are.

I remember Henry Templeton (an Airdrie player) scoring a goal, running to the home fans, hauling down his shorts, grabbing his balls and waggling them at the crowd for giving him a hard time. He still had pants on but we all knew what he was trying to say.

I remember Henry Templeton (an Airdrie player) scoring a goal, running to the home fans, hauling down his shorts, grabbing his balls and waggling them at the crowd for giving him a hard time. He still had pants on but we all knew what he was trying to say.

Good that you knew what he was saying ......................... What was it?