Where Are They Now?

Always remember him playing in the first season in the Premier League under Fergie - especially the 3-3 game against Oldco in August 77.

That was my first experience of how stupid and arrogant their fans were when the started fighting in the North Bank at HT when we were winning 2-1.

Scum fans then - scum fans now.

Injuries affected what looked like a promising career. Left to go to Arbroath.

http://www.stmirren.info/id384.html

Was that the game that the big Paisley cnut Forsyth was sent off and (I think), McGarvey had a goal chopped off?

It's funny living way down here in NZ and seeing familiar Saints names appearing on team sheets for teams in the Hyundai A League...Such as

Steven McGarry who now plays for Perth Glory and used to play along side ex fellow Saint

Billy Mehmet who has now moved onto an indain club called Dempo and they were both managed by 87 Cup Legend goal scorer

Ian Ferguson who left after a poor showing in Feb this year. I heard he moved back to UK ?

and Finally

Aaron Mooy an ex Aussie Saint who is now back in the land down under with Western Sydney Wanderers.

On a side note to be honest it's a little hard to see some of the attendances we get at the new St Mirren Park when the teams down here get great support anywhere from 10 to 18 thousand each week.... maybe it's because it's all a little new down here good quality fitba but I would love to see our wee ground a little fuller.

And hey it's not a bad place to scout out some new potential Saints.... :)

......Maybe an off season trip for the Darlin Buds down here would be a good thing.....It would be for me anyway I'd get my whole extended family there so thats a guaranteed crowd of around 32 as long as it was played in New Zealand lol

It's funny living way down here in NZ and seeing familiar Saints names appearing on team sheets for teams in the Hyundai A League...Such as

Steven McGarry who now plays for Perth Glory and used to play along side ex fellow Saint

Billy Mehmet who has now moved onto an indain club called Dempo and they were both managed by 87 Cup Legend goal scorer

Ian Ferguson who left after a poor showing in Feb this year. I heard he moved back to UK ?

and Finally

Aaron Mooy an ex Aussie Saint who is now back in the land down under with Western Sydney Wanderers.

On a side note to be honest it's a little hard to see some of the attendances we get at the new St Mirren Park when the teams down here get great support anywhere from 10 to 18 thousand each week.... maybe it's because it's all a little new down here good quality fitba but I would love to see our wee ground a little fuller.

And hey it's not a bad place to scout out some new potential Saints.... smile.png

......Maybe an off season trip for the Darlin Buds down here would be a good thing.....It would be for me anyway I'd get my whole extended family there so thats a guaranteed crowd of around 32 as long as it was played in New Zealand lol

With the ratio of sheep to man there we could play Aberdeen and fill the field ground!

With the ratio of sheep to man there we could play Aberdeen and fill the field ground!

Naw you've got your sports mixed up they only use the sheep when the Englanders bring their cricket team here...the sheep join their fans to make up the rest of what they call the Baaaaaaaaa.......lmy armylol.gif