Contracts

Got to try and get McLean signed up, to lose him on a free would be madness.

I seem to recall that there was a situation with Everton-Newcastle where a young player who hadn't been offered a new deal for more than his current left with no compensation being paid. The jist of it being that when a young player leaves to go to another club in the same association at the end of the contract then there is an entitlement to compensation, but with no formal contract, with increase in wages, being offered then the player can leave with no compensation i.e a proper Bosman.

So with that in mind he surely must be offered current contract + nominal amount to protect an entitlement to compensation.

I seem to recall that there was a situation with Everton-Newcastle where a young player who hadn't been offered a new deal for more than his current left with no compensation being paid. The jist of it being that when a young player leaves to go to another club in the same association at the end of the contract then there is an entitlement to compensation, but with no formal contract, with increase in wages, being offered then the player can leave with no compensation i.e a proper Bosman.

So with that in mind he surely must be offered current contract + nominal amount to protect an entitlement to compensation.

Think that was Dan Gosling.

Great post. I think after the weekends performance McLean should be one of the first to be offered , to let his talent possibly go on a free in the summer would be madness.

tough one for the club. He's not a regular performer and there's a chance that if we have a poor run of form, we could be relegated and would badly struggle to meet his wages. Add to that his agent would be after a very good deal for him to stay on, leaving us financially exposed.

You can't blame clubs with our budget for not jumping in with knee jerk deals to players who realistically fall into the risk category.

No doubt he is potentially a cracking player - 10 more games like the last one and the board may well be breaking out the cheque book.

If Kenny McLean can show Saturday's form throughout the rest of the campaign we'll be lucky to hold onto him in January never mind next year. Gowser will likely be gone too and the rest are playing for a contract from here on in. I would imagine the key to any contract discussions would be the manager. If we have a relatively strong league performance over the rest of the season then it will be Lennon IMO. If not........

I would imagine that Thompson, Teale and McGregor won't be too hard to deal with as well for different reasons.

tough one for the club. He's not a regular performer and there's a chance that if we have a poor run of form, we could be relegated and would badly struggle to meet his wages. Add to that his agent would be after a very good deal for him to stay on, leaving us financially exposed.

You can't blame clubs with our budget for not jumping in with knee jerk deals to players who realistically fall into the risk category.

No doubt he is potentially a cracking player - 10 more games like the last one and the board may well be breaking out the cheque book.

...and we'll be challenging for Europe so no chance of losing him punk.gif

Aye right, after being dropped for the cup final and his every touch being boo'ed by a bunch of halfwits last season,

i bet it would break his heart to leave the club, lol,

funny that all the kenny basher's seem to have went all quiet lately.....

He did seem to take missing the cup final with good grace. The book boys are also pain in the assignment but we've always had a bit more than our fair share. These idiots don't recognise class but just love guys that 'get it up them.' Kenny must be a target again soon if he keeps playing like he is and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in January.

Got to try and get McLean signed up, to lose him on a free would be madness.

Who posted the following comments?

• He should count himself lucky if he even makes the bench, thinks he is better than he is, vastly over rated and needs a serious boot up the arse.
  • McLean got a chance not that long ago and he done nothing with it. I would have young McGinn over him every day of the week, atleast if McGinn isnt having the best of games he will still give you 110%, McLean doesn't work hard enough so should be benched.
Now McLean has been injured in January of the last two seasons and has struggled to regain his form on return to the team on both occasions. But for these injuries I reckon he would have been transferred to a bigger club. On form he's a player we're lucky still to have and perhaps he's been rushed back too soon which again is a sign of his class. Now I appreciate these posts come from the second half of last season when McLean's form was poor (and you made plenty of those) but they go beyond just criticizing his performances and call his attitude into question and now on the back of a couple of good games you seem to have reversed your opinion of him and have decided that "to lose him on a free would be madness". cool.png

Who posted the following comments?

• He should count himself lucky if he even makes the bench, thinks he is better than he is, vastly over rated and needs a serious boot up the arse.
  • McLean got a chance not that long ago and he done nothing with it. I would have young McGinn over him every day of the week, atleast if McGinn isnt having the best of games he will still give you 110%, McLean doesn't work hard enough so should be benched.

Now McLean has been injured in January of the last two seasons and has struggled to regain his form on return to the team on both occasions. But for these injuries I reckon he would have been transferred to a bigger club. On form he's a player we're lucky still to have and perhaps he's been rushed back too soon which again is a sign of his class. Now I appreciate these posts come from the second half of last season when McLean's form was poor (and you made plenty of those) but they go beyond just criticizing his performances and call his attitude into question and now on the back of a couple of good games you seem to have reversed your opinion of him and have decided that "to lose him on a free would be madness". Posted Image

A bit unfair as JJ is waiting on an operation to replace both knee caps after having the most and violent knee jerk reactions of any forum member.

Some sympathy please. :)