Employers In The Town

faraway saint

Spoogy. They could have been Ice breaker type questions to put you at ease or perhaps he was looking at your problem solving skills by throwing you a few curve balls. He may even have been looking at your communication skills and body language before he got into the questions on the technical aspects of the job. Planning,preparation and rehearsals are key in any interview no matter what the job is. Its also easier to move from one job to another rather than getting one from being unemployed so take anything you can get your hands on and dont let the interviewer get to you.

Good luck with your hunt and cast your net far and wide as you never know what you might end up doing.

Spoogy. They could have been Ice breaker type questions to put you at ease or perhaps he was looking at your problem solving skills by throwing you a few curve balls. He may even have been looking at your communication skills and body language before he got into the questions on the technical aspects of the job. Planning,preparation and rehearsals are key in any interview no matter what the job is. Its also easier to move from one job to another rather than getting one from being unemployed so take anything you can get your hands on and dont let the interviewer get to you.

Good luck with your hunt and cast your net far and wide as you never know what you might end up doing.

Thank you sergio. But the questions was after the initial questions. Questions like did you go to afghan (question didnt bother me) and did you kill anyone ( which I beleive is not relevant to the position and made me uncomfortable). I did say that I would not reply as it was not relevant for the job vacancy too which he replied just wanted too know if im going too hire a murderer. Was shocked angry and wanted tae hook him but showed restraint and no emotion. And your right cast it further and keep plucking away. Hopefully I will find something soon

Thank you sergio. But the questions was after the initial questions. Questions like did you go to afghan (question didnt bother me) and did you kill anyone ( which I beleive is not relevant to the position and made me uncomfortable). I did say that I would not reply as it was not relevant for the job vacancy too which he replied just wanted too know if im going too hire a murderer. Was shocked angry and wanted tae hook him but showed restraint and no emotion. And your right cast it further and keep plucking away. Hopefully I will find something soon

Blimey! In fairness the guy's viewpoint is far more common than you'd think and it's one I share but I wouldn't refuse to hire someone on the basis of it.

Nor would I ask it in an interview.

Thank you sergio. But the questions was after the initial questions. Questions like did you go to afghan (question didnt bother me) and did you kill anyone ( which I beleive is not relevant to the position and made me uncomfortable). I did say that I would not reply as it was not relevant for the job vacancy too which he replied just wanted too know if im going too hire a murderer. Was shocked angry and wanted tae hook him but showed restraint and no emotion. And your right cast it further and keep plucking away. Hopefully I will find something soon.

Unfortunately the last ten years means that there are many young veterans in our society and with the media having more access to the frontline and social networking sites people can be very quick to judge. People are either for the forces or against them but the bottom line is either way they dont put bread on your table only you can do that. Good luck.

Hope you didn't get Arthur to count them all. bangin.gif

feck I had the 'pleasure' of working with Arthur last night - I was on quality and he was dumping ma bottles - he really is on planet Arthur isnt he. That wee Ian was helping to start with then said I'll leave you with Arthur - he got telt!!! Then one of the others said imagine him in a big babygrow and that was me everytime I looked at him and I wanted to shout - whats the scores George Dawes hehe

sounds like you should have reported him bud!