Marian Kello

div

(Direct approach in the chance he reads this)

Marian, even though you have a big girls name, you are an excellent goalkeeper.

Think you should stay with the Saints, and go on to become a legend with us.

Get your agent told mate. :thumbs2

That'll work!

Bet DL never thought of using such subtlety. :)

not a major worry.......Dilo is the man......he is the boy to get on a long term contract

I agree that we should be trying to hold onto Dilo, but Kello would be a fantastic 1st choice keeper for a club like Saints. The guy oozes class.

Occasionally, it is worth pushing the boat out a bit. For me, this is one of those occasions. It may be a cliche, but goalkeepers are the last line of defence, and I feel very comfortable with Marian in that berth.

(Direct approach in the chance he reads this)

Marian, even though you have a big girls name, you are an excellent goalkeeper.

Think you should stay with the Saints, and go on to become a legend with us. Until you make your first mistake then you can get to fcuk!

Get your agent told mate. thumbup2.gif

Given the fickleness of our support, I finished that for you.whistling.gif

not a major worry.......Dilo is the man......he is the boy to get on a long term contract

I'm sure Dilo would learn a great deal under sucha good, experienced 'keeper.

• 5 weeks later...

If Kello is willing to stay he must know the limitations within our budget so maybe the deal is possible. Would be a fantastic opportunity for both parties as I think Marian would command much more value if he was seen to be instrumental in a Saints revival.
Break the bank as much as is feasable to keep the lad in Paisley.

Edited by stlucifer

If Kello is willing to stay he must know the limitations within our budget so maybe the deal is possible. Would be a fantastic opportunity for both parties as I think Marian would command much more value if he was seen to be instrumental in a Saints revival.

Break the bank as much as is feasable to keep the lad in Paisley.

while I agree he is in some form and potentially the best keeper we've had for some time we shouldn't break the bank, though I notice you've qualified that with where feasible. I think we should offer as good a deal as we can but should not be breaking the bank especially as we have an impressive young Dilo waiting in the wings.

Id find it very hard to believe that we would let cornell go back to his parent club knowing theres a chance kello isnt staying leaving only dilo and a youth keeper as cover for him but it is st. Mirren we never make it easy for our self. The board need to put there hands in there pockets and spend money to keep kello he could be the difference for us possibly getting top 6

What was said?

Last I heard, no significant progeess made - due to money I suspect. Can't blame the guy for holding out for more poppy, to be fair, as he is clearly a very accomplished 'keeper.

Fingers crossed, however.

Edited by Drew

Id find it very hard to believe that we would let cornell go back to his parent club knowing theres a chance kello isnt staying leaving only dilo and a youth keeper as cover for him but it is st. Mirren we never make it easy for our self. The board need to put there hands in there pockets and spend money to keep kello he could be the difference for us possibly getting top 6

Relax.

If Kello leaves we'll sign another goalie.

Cornell clearly wasn't up to scratch in the end.

No sane director should dip into his pocket.

We should pay only what we can afford.

We've already lost our ground once.

We don't want to risk losing our history as well.

Edited by oaksoft