Marian Kello

div

Very good signing as cover for Chris Dillo, but can't help but feel so sorry for our new French hero as he was just establishing himself as our number one.

Hopefully he comes back from injury soon and picks up where he left off as an outstanding young keeper.

Don't think he will be cover! I'd imagine he was signed as first choice as our current first choice is injured , if he does the business he'll remain as first choice IMO !

Don't think he will be cover! I'd imagine he was signed as first choice as our current first choice is injured , if he does the business he'll remain as first choice IMO !

Yep. Dilo is an excellent 'keeper and a fantastic prospect, he'll continue to improve and he won't be too disheartened at being shunted down. But he's only 19 and he was signed as a youth player and youth player he'll remain until he's signed on an improved contract. It's unrealistic for any keeper to expect to be a club's out and out first choice at such a young age, although he is certainly talented enough and circumstances may have dictated this signing anyway as it looks unlikely that Swansea with be happy with Cornell sitting here warming a bench all season and will cut the deal short in January.

Obviously no-one realised just how good a prospect he'd be, but Kello being there for a year or even two would be perfect for young Dilo's development, and if Kello isn't up to the job (though, I imagine he will be) then we have a great fall back.

Prior to this season I can't think of any Saints player whose name ended in a 'o'. Well maybe Ludo, a foreign goalkeeper. Now we have Dilo and Kello, two foreign goalkeepers. Have we had any others ??

According to lovestreet everyone whoever wore the stripes!

Kello was arguably the best keeper in the SPL as little as 3 seasons ago. I'd absolutely love to get him on a deal till at least the end of the season.

Look at what they're saying over on the Hearts forums about him, they're raging biggrin.png:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/134070-marian-kello/

Look at what they're saying over on the Hearts forums about him, they're raging biggrin.png:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/134070-marian-kello/

Good to see them getting annoyed about this, I especially like the guy who calls us St Liedown.

Snap.

Prior to this season I can't think of any Saints player whose name ended in a 'o'. Well maybe Ludo, a foreign goalkeeper. Now we have Dilo and Kello, two foreign goalkeepers. Have we had any others ??

As 'lovestreet' will confirm;

Mairzo, Vanzo, Tealeo etc... :P

Our goalkeepers are signed based on Paul Mathers' recommendation.

Would say he's done a fine job with Dilo and to a lesser extent, Cornell. Kello is also a real coup for us.

Swansea keeper in last minute cock-up tonight. Maybe Cornell could be recalled !

Neither Cornell or Dillo was signed to be a first team keeper, both were supposed to be one for the possible future, but our first second and third choice keeper was not secured.

We had a pretty shit transfer window when we consider who were linked with and who we actually got.

So we signed a guy on loan for a season to be one for the future? For who's future?