St Mirren V Ross County Top League 17/11/13

shull

Collum has made every effort to find a way to call this one off. If they have to abandon games where 95% of pitches are perfect then they'll have to postpone games every week. Seasons ago he shouldn't even have allowed games to start at Motherwell and yet they did nothing.

You don't test a parks playability by wandering about for 2 minutes looking for a 1 foot puddle then bouncing the ball in it ...and even then it bounced !!!

Edited by WirralSaint

I understand referees have a hard job to do. However that was an appalling decision. The pitch was in a far better condition when he decided to call it a day than it was in the ten minutes leading up to him walking off.

I would have had not qualms had he taken the teams of immediately just after half time, but to keep playing then call the game off when the pitch was in a better state is baffling!

On another note…the big puddle under the railway on Murray Street was the icing on the cake…soaking freezing feet to go with a disappointing end to a great performance. A typically Saints day…

I really hope we win convincingly in the rearranged game.

Why do so many people think we will lose the replay. County will be coming down the road for a midweek night with even less of a travelling support. a couple of our injured players may well be back and might have a couple more victories under our belts by that time. the players confidence will be up since we proved that the united game was not the start of a slide

the positives are all there, but harder to see if you are looking for negatives.i suppose

If it was 0,0 at the time we would have said it was right to call it off, were all disappointed that we were 2 up when the ref decided to put a end to it, It was prob the right decision, On another point, how great was to see 4 players from our youth system in the 1st team, well Naismith, Kelly, McLean and McGinn

Absolutely disgraceful decision. The pitch was fine after they spiked and swept it, while the ref was testing it the ball was rolling freely and the ball was bouncing in spite of his throwing the ball in the least representative way that a ball travels during a game that it was physically possible to do. There is 100% certainty that he was looking for an excuse to call the game off. Just shocking all round refereeing.

I think Collum should have given it ago he second time he checked it, but have just drive to Foxbar and back to Penilee with the rain coming down heavy again I am not sure the game would have finished... Anyway let's look at the positives, that's as good and dominant as I have seen us for a good while.

I couldn't go today because I've got an early start , just as well. But how can it take half an hour to tell if a pitch is waterlogged ?

Look at me I'm Willie C

The pitch was in better nick than when we started back at half time.

When i saw Goodwin moaning at Newton about the ball sticking after he made a mistake.

I said to the missus if he doesn't shut up that wee scrote will cancel this.

We adapted better than them and i think we would have gubbed them by a fair bit

It's written in the stars that County will win the replayed game now