St Mirren V Ross County Top League 17/11/13

shull

You're more than entitled to your opinion Wilbur, I respect that. Let's just say the game restarted or Willie Collum had never taken the players off in the first place. Then let's say we maybe went three up and then we went on the break and had the opportunity to make it four but a Ross County defender or their goalkeeper brings down our player running in on goal and because of the conditions doesn't time it right and our player ends up with a serious injury or heaven forbid a broken neck. Would people have been going nuts that Willie Collum allowed the match to go on in such conditions? The safety of all players must come first no matter the score line mate. I'm frustrated that a match which we were winning 2-0 was abandoned of course I am but I genuinely thought that there was doubt of the game being completed before the match and it wouldn't have surprised me if it had been abandoned at half-time.

The two worst tackles I've ever seen, both effectively career ending, John Hewitt vs Raith Rovers & Chris Kerr vs ICT were both committed on dry conditions/pitch.

The I stand corrected and still astounded this is an idea that could work.

As I've mentioned the practicalities seem considerable and, for the away fans, if nothing else, would almost, in our case, mean next to none would travel therefore posing an unfair advantage to the home team.

Most of County fans there yesterday are from down here.

They had 1 bus that travelled

The I stand corrected and still astounded this is an idea that could work.

As I've mentioned the practicalities seem considerable and, for the away fans, if nothing else, would almost, in our case, mean next to none would travel therefore posing an unfair advantage to the home team.

Good thumbup2.gif

Most of County fans there yesterday are from down here.

They had 1 bus that travelled

Ok I'm not being specific about County, ANY away fans would have an issue traveling for 45 minutes of football.

Imagine if we were at the other end of this decision?

Would this possible solution go down well........................whistling.gif

Ok I'm not being specific about County, ANY away fans would have an issue traveling for 45 minutes of football.

Imagine if we were at the other end of this decision?

Would this possible solution go down well........................whistling.gif

I'm sure Uncle Roy would issue free buses for them

He can be very generous with his cash sometimes

What a two faced bawbag Adams is. He was clearly at the fourth official whining his face off to get game stopped, so he goes out and says in papers 'let's have the Dutch system to see out a result' a what a load of pish.

Facts are he saw an opportunity to get a 2-0 drubbing reversed and set back to 0-0 and he used the weakness of Collum to do so.

St Mirren ought to request photographers shots of Adams conduct in the dug out and get them sent onto the SFA so he can get done for behaving like a fud.

Collum should be sent to the juniors for his 'my only concern is the players' comment on radio. Supporters are life blood of football and we know he's a twonk but should be made to apologise for that.

No worries.

Still cant believe someone is prepared to defend Collum after what was clearly corruption today.

FFS you can't post stuff like this on an open forum. It's libellous and you could get the site into trouble for hosting it.

Calm down bud.

Imagine Thomo or McGowan ruptured a knee ligament due to the conditions and that County had recovered and scored 3 goals like they did a year back.

There's no doubt what the reaction would have been to that.

What a two faced bawbag Adams is. He was clearly at the fourth official whining his face off to get game stopped, so he goes out and says in papers 'let's have the Dutch system to see out a result' a what a load of pish.

Facts are he saw an opportunity to get a 2-0 drubbing reversed and set back to 0-0 and he used the weakness of Collum to do so.

St Mirren ought to request photographers shots of Adams conduct in the dug out and get them sent onto the SFA so he can get done for behaving like a fud.

Collum should be sent to the juniors for his 'my only concern is the players' comment on radio. Supporters are life blood of football and we know he's a twonk but should be made to apologise for that.

Unfortunately, as far as the playing surface goes, that IS his only concern, and rightly so. I still think the game could have gone on, but he makes the final decision, much as we might disagree with it.

Putting aside yesterday's debate, the attitude of all the players after losing to united was first class. There was only going to be one outcome if the game continued and that was a comprehensive win for us. County did have a couple of clear cut chances but hey, how many times have we been in that position? Also really enjoyed Lee mairs interview on teuchtervision. The guys attitude is fantastic and we are truly fortunate if he is an example of what we have in the dressing room

There wasn't a failure in yellow yesterday.

That's the sort of reaction we should expect from a defeat such as v DU.

They showed a wee bit of the "Willie Collum show" on BT sport today and I was amazed by Craigan's statement that the ball didn't bounce nor roll. I'm sure his guide dog could correct him though.

Who remembers the game we played in worse conditions at McDiarmid Park, when a St.Johnstone player landed face first in a big puddle of standing water, then actually started doing the breast stroke! laugh.png

It should have been abandoned that day, but the ref just got on with it because it was the same for both sides, and it would have been unfair on the home side, who had built a commanding lead......mellow.png

When the referee dropped the ball onto the centre spot for the start of the second half in that game at Perth it splashed into the water and didn't bounce. Since St Johnstone were 3-0 at the time then he no doubt felt obliged to keep going regardless of how farcical it was.

Remember the game at Stranraer when it was abandoned at half time? The visiting supporters were less than amused that day and that was with the score 0-0.

Would Collum have abandoned an international or European cup tie in similar conditions to yesterday? Answers on a postcard please.

Hopefully the match will be replayed on Saturday 16th November with reduced ticket prices (no more than half price please) when there are no other games on and a few neutrals may be tempted rather than a Tuesday night.

When the referee dropped the ball onto the centre spot for the start of the second half in that game at Perth it splashed into the water and didn't bounce. Since St Johnstone were 3-0 at the time then he no doubt felt obliged to keep going regardless of how farcical it was.

Remember the game at Stranraer when it was abandoned at half time? The visiting supporters were less than amused that day and that was with the score 0-0.

Would Collum have abandoned an international or European cup tie in similar conditions to yesterday? Answers on a postcard please.

Hopefully the match will be replayed on Saturday 16th November with reduced ticket prices (no more than half price please) when there are no other games on and a few neutrals may be tempted rather than a Tuesday night.

Is the club not obliged to allow fans that have there tickets from yesterdays game in for nowt, it would

certainly be the decent thing to do....