St Mirren V Ross County Top League 17/11/13

shull

Even then there's no legal obligation afaik... just a more compelling moral case.

The problem is that all the expenses for police and security will still need to be paid for a second game.

A club in our financial position might not be able to cover this.

I think the best that can be hoped for is reduced admission to a level that will cover costs.

Maybe, since it was unnecessary to call the game off, Willie Collum and his cronies should be made liable for the costs though.whistling.gif

Edited to say. Beat me to it BinEK

Edited by stlucifer

Even then there's no legal obligation afaik... just a more compelling moral case.

It says on the back of the ticket " in the event of abandonment occurring before half time the retained portion of the ticket will permit admittance to the rearranged fixture" so they'd be bound by that if the game was called off before HT

It'll be reduced gate price for this one I think

What a two faced bawbag Adams is. He was clearly at the fourth official whining his face off to get game stopped, so he goes out and says in papers 'let's have the Dutch system to see out a result' a what a load of pish.

Facts are he saw an opportunity to get a 2-0 drubbing reversed and set back to 0-0 and he used the weakness of Collum to do so.

St Mirren ought to request photographers shots of Adams conduct in the dug out and get them sent onto the SFA so he can get done for behaving like a fud.

Collum should be sent to the juniors for his 'my only concern is the players' comment on radio. Supporters are life blood of football and we know he's a twonk but should be made to apologise for that.

Maybe in the replayed game if Adams feels so strongly as it seems he does in the papers about starting at 2-0 ,once the game kicks off he should give us 2 early unopposed goals.

Not a chance!!

SPFL official called the game off - SPFL should meet costs of replay. That seems fairly simple to me.

Why should the club which was wanting the game played be the one that pays for the replay?

Ross County fans should certainly pay full price if their club pushed for a postponement.

I'm sick of St Mirren 'doing the right thing' and getting nothing back for it.

SPFL official called the game off - SPFL should meet costs of replay. That seems fairly simple to me.

Why should the club which was wanting the game played be the one that pays for the replay?

Ross County fans should certainly pay full price if their club pushed for a postponement.

*pedant alert*

SFA official

No. It will be the supporters who pay.thumbdown.gif

Edited by pod

Then let's say we maybe went three up and then we went on the break and had the opportunity to make it four but a Ross County defender or their goalkeeper brings down our player running in on goal and because of the conditions doesn't time it right and our player ends up with a serious injury or heaven forbid a broken neck.

Imagine a club's pitch was so rutted sandy and churned up that players could easily turn ankles and risk career ending ligament damage.

post-1859-0-52959500-1383495070_thumb.jp

Player safety was such a concern that games were played with Motherwell's pitch in the condition with random sideways and flat bounces of the ball for a full season.

Yesterday's call off was farcical

Willie Collum's idea of how a ball would be played around in a normal fashion, never mind the fact that players were adjusting for rain and weighting their passes heavier, was just utterly bizarre.

His efforts to play a ball at 4 yard pace and seeing it roll through 20 yards into the box were ridiculous and as for the hugely representative 2 foot high ball toss with backspin into the soggiest area and still seeing a first 2-3 foot bounce. I thought they were joking when the said it was off.

What should have happened is at half time someone should have taken a van to B+Q and filled it up with big squeegy brushes. Then we should have handed them out to volunteering fans instead of disinterested youth players.

The pitch would have been clear in no time and we would have taken the 3 points!

What should have happened is at half time someone should have taken a van to B+Q and filled it up with big squeegy brushes. Then we should have handed them out to volunteering fans instead of disinterested youth players.

The pitch would have been clear in no time and we would have taken the 3 points!

Nah , knowing our luck , we would have been in trouble for allowing a pitch invasion !! rolleyes.gif

After the thumping we got at Tannadice, the pressure was back on Danny and the team. They all stepped up to the challenge, and I have no doubts we would have taken the three points.

A win would have taken us to 9th. As high as we have been all season, and in good form with 10 pts from 15. Travelling to Firhill with genuine optimism and looking up the table.

Instead we remain 11th, the league table doesnt look any better and the pressure from Saturday's game just transfers over to the Partick game.

You wait all season to dominate a match in such a manner...and then that happens. Gutting.

And to top it all off, the road under the bridge on Murray Street had turned into a swimming pool.

Would we though, we just seem to accept these kinds of things that happen to us.

St.Mirren FC are too nice a Club. Far to 'accommodating'.

WILLIE COLLUM!!!!!!!!!

Get yer ain patter...

WULLIE COLLUM!!!

and... what makes you think this forum is all about you?

If Collum gets to officiate the replayed match, he would go up in my estimation if he donated half of his match fee to charity.

His whole match fee surely? After all, I am sure he received the full fee for Saturdays game?

£1,600 for 1 1/2 games 1eye.gif

My main gripe, which I have already posted but people don't seem capable of reading or understanding, is that all of the comments like he's corrupt, he's this, he's that don't help matters at all. Someone on here last night said that they believed that Mr Collum had to leave by the Family Stand of the ground because of people waiting at the main entrance. Do people not realise that this is the kind of stuff that Willie Collum could potentially put in his Match Day Report? Do the people on here, who call him every name under the sun, accuse him of being "corrupt" and "self-indulgent" etc. not realise how serious these types of comments posted on the internet really are? Do they not realise the trouble it could cause not just for the moderating team but for the football club? If folk cared about the club as much as they claim they do and they genuinely believe there is some kind of ill feeling by certain Officials towards our Club then why on earth would they give "the powers that be" the excuse to kick us in the balls when they get the opportunity? I think all this stuff about being corrupt is just a load of bunkum but whatever makes people happy.

If anyone, anywhere ever gets 'done' for calling someone "self-indulgent", then the lunatics will truly have taken over the asylum lol.gif .

I always apply the 'Old Firm test' to these things. Had one of them been 2-0 up at home in similar circumstances, would Collum have made the same decision or gone through the same lengthy 'look at me' performance of ball bouncing and rolling? Would he have been allowed to make the same decision with a Match Commander growling at him & 50 or 60,000 unhappy punters? I'm fairly sure that the answer to all these questions is 'no'!