St Mirren V Ross County Top League 17/11/13

shull

The game was played to a finish.Killie fans shouting for game to be abandoned after we took the lead with Saints Fans wanting it called off after Killie equalised then took the lead.

http://stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=2000&GameID=2944

Reasonably happy that my memory is still working to about a 50% success rate.

It was the right decision in the end and he didn't take 25 mins to make up his mind, he gave us 25 mins to get it playable and we failed.

Unfortunately we were 2-0 up and cruising.

Everyone is moaning about the ref, the same ref who gave us 2 penalties and send an opposing player of the last time he was in town.

Take it on the chin and hope to feck we pump them next time round.

It was the right decision in the end and he didn't take 25 mins to make up his mind, he gave us 25 mins to get it playable and we failed.

Unfortunately we were 2-0 up and cruising.

Everyone is moaning about the ref, the same ref who gave us 2 penalties and send an opposing player of the last time he was in town.

Take it on the chin and hope to feck we pump them next time round.

What about the conspiracy theory?

Has it all been a conspiracy?

What about the conspiracy theory?

Has it all been a conspiracy?

No, just a number of bad decisions from a bad referee.

Shouldn't have started the game and I doubt if the second half would have commenced if the scores had been level, but given that the rain let up shortly after he took the players off he should have restarted the game - the last 15 minutes were just a pantomime with Collum desperately waiting for the rain to resume to justify the decision he had already made.

The injuries issue is a red herring from posters masquerading as wise old owls, players get injured every week more frequently and seriously on dry, hard pitches when players are going into challenges at full speed.

Couldn't make the game on sat and I don't know what the rain was like when Collum finally cancelled it but from watching the highlights, the pitch was nearly unplayable at the point the players got brought in. Just before that we nearly scored because the ball got held up in a puddle when a Ross county player tried to make a pass. As I say I can't comment on what happened after that but at that point I would've agreed that the pitch was not in a suitable state to carry on

Would all those greetin about the game being called off still have been greetin if we'd been losing 2-0?Naw?I didn't think so.

The Ref made the correct decision about the pitch.The only thing he did wrong was waiting half an hour to call it off.

Reported for talking sense on a Looneytunes only thread.

Anyway, what was the crowd ?

Would all those greetin about the game being called off still have been greetin if we'd been losing 2-0?Naw?I didn't think so.

The Ref made the correct decision about the pitch.The only thing he did wrong was waiting half an hour to call it off.

Can anybuddie remember the last time we had a game abandoned?

Collum was good enough to wait till the rain went off before he abandoned the game.

That meant I didn't get wet going to my car.

All round good chap, I'd say.

Also think that the other match officials have to take some responsibility in the decision making. It did make me laugh to see them walk behind collum, watch him roll/throw/kick the ball then stand around and mutter. Then do it again and again. They didn't appear to offer any real input or participate in the farcical roll/throw/kick game. Maybe it was Collums ball and he wouldn't let them play with it. Maybe that's what they were muttering about.

A team who have failed to win a home game has the Buddies come a callin'.

Hmmm. Where have we heard this before?

Let's hope it's Saints and not Santas that turn up.

Definitely winnable.

We heard similar last weekend when we faced a team who hadn't won away from home since February and we seen them off.................................well nearly.