St Mirren V Ross County Top League 17/11/13

shull

Wow, what a contrast in a game. great passing , fantastic display from All our Academy players. Two smashin goals then ...

... 9 men !! WTF, Misplaced passes, panic defending , Goodwin playing punchball !! bag.gif

We just dont make it easy .

Goodwin's handball entirely irresponsible and could've easily soured the match for us, I like JG but he has to learn to reign it in every so often

Goodwin's handball entirely irresponsible and could've easily soured the match for us, I like JG but he has to learn to reign it in every so often

Goodwin is never a player, he's a liability on and off the ball. All fannying around involves him, we started struggling when play went through him and his stupid fouls are absolutely needless.

Goodwin is never a player, he's a liability on and off the ball. All fannying around involves him, we started struggling when play went through him and his stupid fouls are absolutely needless.

His handball at the end could have screwed us. Poor show from the team captain.

Goodwin was certainly poor today.

When Teale returns i'd like to see him go back out right and Newton to move inside to take Jims position and give Goddahawk the captaincy.

Goody still has a lot to offer the football club, but a dropping to shake him up a bit would do him good.

Yes we played well from front to back but l feel we flattered Toss County with the score as we had a chance to put a load of goals past them . Yes , the young guys put in a good shift and did well on the flanks. .

We were poor at finishing and our corners were woeful , in particular the one at the end that hit Connor as he was expecting the ball , looked a bit daft. Toss County were a bunch of hammer throwers from early doors , which was eventually reflected with two of their players seeing red. Luckassen l felt was lucky his assen stayed on the park , with an early dive in the box and persistent fouling of Sir Jim Goodwin , although I have seen JIm make better passes in a game as some of his distribution was poor. .

We looked as a team , very relaxed at times , maybe a bit too relaxed as if we were happy enough with the two goals and never really took full advantage of the fact they only had 9men , although , Kelly and Newton both had good efforts near the end and Jim even had an attempt that , er , well went a bit high. .

Another snide comment by the BBC at the top of a very minimal report on the game, "St Mirren belatedly picked up all three points....," although how can we belated pick up points when we were 2-0 up? I must be missing something, but I thought the points were awarded at FT, not part way through a game. The mindset must be that their OF pals only have to turn up to be deserving of all of the points on offer but everyone else has to prove themselves by taking an unassailable lead before half time.

The BBC's coverage of Scottish Football has gone from poor to pathetic in recent seasons, with the quality of the coverage not worth making the effort to read. The irrelevant drivel that is considered worthy of inclusion in the Gossip section of the BBC web page, when they can be bothered to update it, consistently illustrates a total lack of effort on the part of the scribes producing it.

Another snide comment by the BBC at the top of a very minimal report on the game, "St Mirren belatedly picked up all three points....," although how can we belated pick up points when we were 2-0 up? I must be missing something, but I thought the points were awarded at FT, not part way through a game. The mindset must be that their OF pals only have to turn up to be deserving of all of the points on offer but everyone else has to prove themselves by taking an unassailable lead before half time.

The BBC's coverage of Scottish Football has gone from poor to pathetic in recent seasons, with the quality of the coverage not worth making the effort to read. The irrelevant drivel that is considered worthy of inclusion in the Gossip section of the BBC web page, when they can be bothered to update it, consistently illustrates a total lack of effort on the part of the scribes producing it.

I thought the 'belated' comment was about the first game being abandoned. I do agree thought that the BBC football coverage has been going rapidly downhill. Half the time they can't even get players names right

Great result, thought at 11 v 11 we were terrific and played some great stuff at times. The sendings off changed the way we played for some reason. Would have replaced Goodwin for Harkins when they went down to 9, think he would have made better use of the ball with our numerical advantage. Still onwards and upwards!!!

Spot on.

According to twitter Derek Adams had a right go at Jim Goodwin after the match.

Maybe the arrogant wee arsehole should be looking a bit closer to home. Especially as Kettlewell could have been sent off for his persistent fouling along with Sproule and Saunders...

Although fair play to him for not setting off the fire alarm or calling in a bomb scare at 2-0.