St Mirren V Ross County Top League 17/11/13

shull

Goodwin may have had his poorest game in a while in terms of misplaced passes... but he was protecting the young lads from the Staggies thuggery and did so well not to respond to the niggles of their players who were obviously following instructions.

Jim Goodwin is not and never will be a McLean, McGinn or McGowan... but he allows them to be and that is good enough for me!!!

In a team of youngsters, we need senior players supporting and encouraging them. Would be nice if we the supporters encouraged and supported the senior players in return and appreciated the selfless work they do.

Which is basically what John McGinn said in the media during the week. Goodwin doing his job, lets the young guys ahead of him go and freely play their own game.

It may not be flashy, or what (some) fans want to see. But he is crucial to our team's success.

Another professional performance from the team today. Some brilliant passages of play at times. A joy to watch the player's express themselves in such confident fashion. Some of the young guys are gelling so well on the pitch and turning some terrific performances. McGinn and Mclean were excellent today. I love John McGinn. Favourite current St Mirren player.

Goodwin was well below par today but Adams post match interview was laughable. Worst team I have seen this season. Hatchet men galore with very little to offer upfront.

Bring on the hibees!

Saw the highlights on a Sky earlier.

Sproule's challenge for the red card is a f**king disgrace. One of the worst, and most obvious I've seen in a long time.

And Saunders' second booking looks bad enough to be a straight red!

Both players are clearly setting out to injure a fellow professional footballer, and should have the book thrown at them.

Let's see Adams come out and defend either of them for those challenges. The prick. Get your own house in order first, wanker, before you start having a pop at Jim Goodwin.

Great result. Should have been more tho.

Re Goodwin, DL is spot on in response to Adams comments. Mind your own players and stop trying to deflect attention from your own players who could have caused some serious injuries the way they were fouling.

We were worthy winners and over the season these decisions balance themselves out eventually.

Onwards and upwards. Been a great few weeks to be a buddie!

The applause for the poor Buddie that tragically died recently was immense, very moving.

Totally agree. I didn't know the lad personally, but I set my stopwatch to make sure I paid tribute.

In the family stand, I started applauding at the agreed time... but onfield events had taken everyones attention.

Bit by bit, all four stands caught on... applauded... and joined in by standing to applaud...

That element of spontaneity actually made it all the more powerful!

Saunders' second could easily been a straight red. Absolutey bonkers challenge.

Sproule, though? The book should be thrown at him for a shocking assault on Cheesy. Thuggery, plain and simple, and makes Adams' post match comments all the more ludicrous.

Edited by Drew

Sproule's tackle was so poor i couldnt beleive my eyes watching it. How a pro footballer could make such a daft tackle i will never know. There wasnt much of an apology to cheesy either, tosser!

Great performance by the team today. Big credit to lennon for turning things round. Some quality passages of play and on another day could easily have bn 4 or 5 up. The most impressive part for me was that each player played well. Great attacking from the full backs which made exciting viewing.

Decent attendance today too...

Too true bud... it beggars belief how we managed to lose 3-0 to that mob...

To be fair we were pish poor up there, But the upturn in our form has been superb, One thing I think we must do, is try and sign Kello up on a longer deal, The defence look a lot more confident with him behind them, And sign Dilo up as back up, Good young goalie for the future

Not saying it wasn't a handball by goody, But watched it from two different angle and was at the game and I still cant see it, but fans in the Main Stand say it was they would have the best view, but its the ref who has to see it, not the fans

Edited by santaponsasaint

Not saying it wasn't a handball by goody, But watched it from two different angle and was at the game and I still cant see it, but fans in the Main Stand say it was they would have the best view, but its the ref who has to see it, not the fans

The assistant ref who was in the perfect position could have awarded it. I still can't believe that he didn't.

I missed this Goodwin incident.

I take it it was blatatnt?

It would have been a travesty if we had taken any less than full points from that game. I think we became complacent when they went down to nine but we had enough good clear cut chances to win it by a fair margin. If anything that is the only disappointment of the game. Fantastic performance from all the youngsters. It's sometimes forgotten that Connor is also just a youngster so should be included as such.

Goodwin has stopped criticising and now appears to be encouraging the kids and I think this has helped. Which canme first? The good run or the lack of recriminations? I don't know but long may it continue.

mcAusland also had another fine game as did McGowan.

the whole team have a belief that was missing in the early part of the season.

I said, while we were underachieving that I believed we were still ring rusty and the pre season was a shambles and I wonder if this is all that was wrong. We didn't hit the ground running.

Hibs next up and a chance to do something we haven't done in years. Win three LEAGUE games on the trot.

If we win our next two games i will stop posting on here but it aint going to happen .

Posted BEFORE the Partick and County game.

Apart from the 6 points THIS has to be the best thing to happen to us for years. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Oh sorry we're all St Mirren supporters, me bad. 1eye.gif

Edited by faraway saint

I missed this Goodwin incident.

I take it it was blatatnt?

It would have been a travesty if we had taken any less than full points from that game. I think we became complacent when they went down to nine but we had enough good clear cut chances to win it by a fair margin. If anything that is the only disappointment of the game. Fantastic performance from all the youngsters. It's sometimes forgotten that Connor is also just a youngster so should be included as such.

Goodwin has stopped criticising and now appears to be encouraging the kids and I think this has helped. Which canme first? The good run or the lack of recriminations? I don't know but long may it continue.

mcAusland also had another fine game as did McGowan.

the whole team have a belief that was missing in the early part of the season.

I said, while we were underachieving that I believed we were still ring rusty and the pre season was a shambles and I wonder if this is all that was wrong. We didn't hit the ground running.

Hibs next up and a chance to do something we haven't done in years. Win three LEAGUE games on the trot.

Didn't seem to be a fuss made at the time and after watching it on the highlights umpteen times, I still don't see anything obvious or conclusive.