St Mirren V Ross County Top League 17/11/13

shull

I had a rare glance at Pie & Bovril, where we're reliably informed by the Ross County fans that Derek Adams uses these bizarre rants to divert attention away from shite performances.

I'm afraid that doesn't explain why he launched into one such rant during the greatest moment in his club's history, when they'd just beaten Celtic at Hampden to reach the Scottish Cup Final.

That game was the early kick-off, and was on the radio when we were driving to Falkirk for another Gus relegation showdown. All Adams could do in his post match interview was drone on about how he had been sick of hearing all week that Celtic were going to win, and generally just wanted to get it right up everybody he could.

And there was me thinking that he might have been elated at the enormity of what they had just achieved, and want to spread a bit of joy.

He had been getting a lot of good publicity as an up and coming manager at the time, but I'd never heard him speak until then. It certainly set alarm bells ringing in my mind about the sort of guy Derek Adams is, and I bet a few potential employers were thinking the same thing.

The guy is a f*cking weirdo.

The incident was pretty well hidden from Collum and the cameras, but as FTOF says, it's a miracle that the assistant didn't give it. He actually scooped the ball around the side of the County player and away from the goal.

Anyway know what the hammer throwers were gurning about after the first goal? A few of them were around the referee when we were celebrating.

It might have been a) The ball seemed to glance off Thommo on the way in and they were claiming that Thommo was offside. .

or B) The hammer throwers are a bunch of moaning baisturts and were just annoyed that they were getting humped again at the second asking of the same fixture?

. .either way. .lol.gif

Feel more confident with him and McGregor,he's been fantastic since his return.

His return co-incided with McGregors return.

Both Mair and McAusland have played a couple of times beside McGregor and we have looked much better at the back.

I think the reason for our dramatic improvement is twofold... Goodwin protecting the defence... and McGregor returning to it.

I'm not fussed whether Mair or McAusland partner him... but right now with one goal conceded in two solid performances, Cheesy is in possession and Mair will just have to wait his turn.

I had a rare glance at Pie & Bovril, where we're reliably informed by the Ross County fans that Derek Adams uses these bizarre rants to divert attention away from shite performances.

I'm afraid that doesn't explain why he launched into one such rant during the greatest moment in his club's history, when they'd just beaten Celtic at Hampden to reach the Scottish Cup Final.

That game was the early kick-off, and was on the radio when we were driving to Falkirk for another Gus relegation showdown. All Adams could do in his post match interview was drone on about how he had been sick of hearing all week that Celtic were going to win, and generally just wanted to get it right up everybody he could.

And there was me thinking that he might have been elated at the enormity of what they had just achieved, and want to spread a bit of joy.

He had been getting a lot of good publicity as an up and coming manager at the time, but I'd never heard him speak until then. It certainly set alarm bells ringing in my mind about the sort of guy Derek Adams is, and I bet a few potential employers were thinking the same thing.

The guy is a f*cking weirdo.

he should be a stick on for an Only Excuse/Jonathon Watson impression....that long deep blinking as he ehhh looks ehhh away..critiscing Jim Goodwin

Yes , well theres the issue. When you play "keep-ball" the general idea is to keep the ball. When you have a TWO man advantage you really shouldnt find your team under pressure.

We had more misplaced passes in the last 10 mins than the previous 80, we put several passes straight out for throw -ins or goal kicks & at one point we had 11 saints players in our BOX !!

I didnt , wouldnt & cant condone booing my team ,but by f**k that last ten minutes would have made Mother Teresa curse !

Sttrangely, the Live text of the match from the BBC website shows, from the sending off in 73 mins, we had 4 corners and 6 attempts at goal. Our busiest attacking period of the match too.

Yea Cheesy looked of a completely different form to what I had been expecting. I reckon it's a great mix of confidence and some serious tactical discussions from the boss. Definitely not complaining! Hope he keeps his place, he deserves it currently!

Pressure of sitting 2nd bottom and couldnt buy a win was to much for cheezy,he couldnt handle the pressure from the fans he needed a rest.. he has settled back in now that weve climbed the table.