St Mirren V Ross County Top League 17/11/13

shull

Who remembers the game we played in worse conditions at McDiarmid Park, when a St.Johnstone player landed face first in a big puddle of standing water, then actually started doing the breast stroke! laugh.png

It should have been abandoned that day, but the ref just got on with it because it was the same for both sides, and it would have been unfair on the home side, who had built a commanding lead......mellow.png

I do think the under 19's, or whoever the 'forkers' were, need a bit of coaching.

I can't help but think a bit more organisation and instruction to the youngsters might have made a bit more difference.

We should have been better prepared and had a team of people ready to work on the pitch instantly at half time.

The game was incidental to Mr Collum as he strutted his attenion seeking stuff in front of the massive Alba tv audience.

The man is an utter clown, first for taking so long to call it and then poncing about bouncing the ball continuously around areas of the pitch where the surface was at it's worst.

Secondly for allowing that wee cock Adams to pressure him into the ludicrous decision of abandoning the match, after such a lengthy delay. f**k OFF Collum !

Poor DL must think the gods are conspiring against him.

2 zip up and cruising to victory then the elements deny him of a victory which would have seen us leapfrog Ross Co and Killie and a chance to go ahead of Thistle if we were to beat them next week.

In reality we're no worse than those three teams and they'll be the ones we'll be fighting it out with to avoid the play off place.

Any chance you could provide evidence that Isabella Duke was also Saint Sid? All this "you're an alias" shit really is tedious pish. It's even more tedious pish than the king of tedious pish, Tedious Tom...

I've said myself on here that I'm more realistic about losing certain games compared to others and was "shot down" by the usual happy-clappers like Faraway Saint who said I was making it all up as I went along and talking pish and yet you say a similar thing and he "likes" your post? Sounds to me like the real knickerwetters are the people who like to be called happy clappers and use any win that the team gets as a vehicle to post abusive comments towards their fellow supporters. No doubt you'll say that you're not one of those types which could be fair enough but unfortunately the way you respond to Isabella, Elvis and others means that you're in the "in gang".

So whats this tedious pish got to do with today's game,, geez peace with this shite....

Let's see how much complaining we do about this, very little I reckon, we will just get on with things and take the dignified stance and probably end up in the play offs on the back of this.

Luther is right. We should kick up f**k about this decision. But will we though?

I've just watched the match on Shortbread TV and I've seen loads worse pitches get played on. Benfica game recently anyone...?

The wank of a ref should be taking more into account than how well a ball bounces when he spins it in the air. The distance travelled by the away team and their fans and the scoreline should be considered more seriously.

Maybe if the guys with the forks and brushes had looked a bit more lively instead of half of them just watching the ref he might have thought the pitch could be improved?

I'm really pleased that Mr. Collum will be retired by 2022.

He really could have embarrassed himself if he called off a game in the World Cup finals in Qatar if a ball only bounced once when coming down from 3 metres, and only travelled 5 or 6 metres when kicked with a gentle tap.

If that game was abandoned at half time I wouldn't have complained. It was the fact the Ground staff and YTS players worked for half an hour on Collums say so to get the pitch to an apparent playable level to then call it off. This just shows that the bouncing and kicking the ball to see if it rolled was just a way for him to abuse his power when he had clearly decided it was off.

To be honest mate the youth team players were a bunch of lazy wee shite's who did very little to improve the condition if the pitch. Their apathy for the situation was shocking - in 10mins I hardly noticed one fork penetrate the pitch properly ! That aside, Collum is an arrogant wee prick who always ends up having the spotlight firmly on himself - a small man syndromed wee arsehole who ruins every bloody St Mirren game he referees.

Oh, and I thought we played well today :)

Calm down "Coco" (a very appropriate name), you're only supposed to abuse fellow supporters when we win games. You do know that today's game was abandoned today and therefore we didn't actually win? 1eye.giflaugh.png

I'm perfectly calm maxi, iv'e just opened my 4th bottle of beer and i'm chilling out very nicely thanks, i think

your the one who needs to cool it a bit mate, i'm all for folk having a laugh a joke and a wind up on the forum,

but most of your post's just stink of "hey look at me" a desperate attempt to make friends and enemies...

now iv'e got at least another 4 bottles to get through so as i said,,, geez peace...

The ref took too long to take what was the correct decision in the end.If we were losing all here would have welcomed the decision,those in doubt watch the highlights.I would have hated to lose that game or see a player badly injured because of the park.

The ref tested the worst parts of the pitch fairly,giving the ball every chance to roll and bounce.He did not though move the ball as a player would,which I think would have shown the pitch up to more effect than his over dramatic posturing.

I'm perfectly calm maxi, iv'e just opened my 4th bottle of beer and i'm chilling out very nicely thanks, i think

your the one who needs to cool it a bit mate, i'm all for folk having a laugh a joke and a wind up on the forum,

but most of your post's just stink of "hey look at me" a desperate attempt to make friends and enemies...

now iv'e got at least another 4 bottles to get through so as i said,,, geez peace...

Well spotted mate, attention seeking, followed by a meltdown, all been seen before.

Surprised our ground fell foul of the rain, thought we had one of the best set ups in the league.

Never mind, let's nit forget other results went our way today.

It was fair enough to stop the game IMO. However it took far too long for a decision to be made and by the time it was made the park was in the best nick it had been in all game!

The rules are shocking regarding the rescheduled game. The game should be restarted at 52 minutes or whatever it was at 2-0 St Mirren.

How can yellow cards stand and goals don't :lol:

Despairing more now than I was last week. Really, really, really hard to take.

If this was an Old Firm game and Celtic were 2 up on Sevco would it have been called off? No chance.

Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

That's life for us Saints fans.

This.

Life isn't fair - we all know this, but today was gutting!

What I said to a few mates if our pitch is waterlogged then the rest of the west coast pitchs will be flooded. But celtic still played as did ayr united who have a worse stadium than ours. He could of at least bring the teams back out and gave it another 10 mins or so at least is my veiw or the 2 team captains to pass the ball to each other and take there veiws beleive that would of made the decision better perhaps.

Despairing more now than I was last week. Really, really, really hard to take.

If this was an Old Firm game and Celtic were 2 up on Sevco would it have been called off? No chance.

Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

That's life for us Saints fans.

Dont if im paranoid, but would the game have been abandoned if County had been 2-0 up?

Benfica played a Champions League game 2 weeks ago in conditions 10 x worse. When he called it off it then didn't rain for 20 mins but....................then it pished down. we would have struggled to finish game. Hearing Collum left from the Family stand as there was an angry element at front door!

On a brighter note, Jason Naismith was outstanding today, defending and attacking!

The pitch wasn't playable when Collum took the players off early in the second half. It was perfectly playable 30 minutes later after the fork work had cleared the puddles. This was a bad decision, a wrong decision, and we should be questioning Collum's integrity. Anti-St Mirren 100 percent. Pro who ? ♥♥♥♥♥♥ ?

OK so the scoreline is a major factor in my thinking but it's November in Scotland, what time did Collum arrive in Paisley, did he not see the rain or have a weather forecast to hand?

Conditions were bad, I would not have been surprised to see it called off even right up to the kick-off, but he must have known the rain was going to continue and the pitch would deteriorate. OK parts of the pitch were dead to bounce when he took the players off, but I've seen games played in worse conditions, maybe not for a few years, but having started the game he should have continued unless it was unsafe for the players not just unaesthetic.

I thought you were better than that Wilbur! There are too many Saints fans obsessed with Willie Collum for their own good. It's totally unhealthy the way some go on. Also, it makes them look like Old Firm fans which we should all be above. Just type Willie Collum in YouTube and one of the ones you'll see right away is a video which has obviously been posted by Celtic supporters chanting "You're just a h*n with a whistle" at him. I'm not saying that Collum's perfect - far from it - but who is? All officials in every sport will make mistakes just like all of us in our day to day lives in and out of the workplace. What's been done has been done and if it's true what has been posted about there being a bit of an "angry mob" waiting at the doors for Mr Collum coming out and he had to leave by another exit then that is going too far.

We need people who are prepared to be a Referee, Assistant Referees and Fourth Officials for every game. All this conspiracy theory is just a sideshow that we don't really need or want. We really don't want it to get to the stages where all Officials throw the towel in because they're not prepared to put up with the nonsense that goes with it all. We've had strikes by Officials in the past. We've had the horrible scenes of Hugh Dallas at Celtic Park which will be engrained in my memory forever no doubt.

No, all this stuff just doesn't do us, the football clubs, the players the SFA and the Officials any good at all.