St Mirren V Ross County Top League 17/11/13

shull

Everyone will have their own opinion. IMO the pitch was playable after the pitch had been forked. The weather eased and there is no reason to presume that the conditions would have worsened to make play as excessively dangerous as you suggest, Max. Collum is still a knob whatever your view of today's events.

Your scenario could happen on a perfect pitch in the middle of July.

It was a bit of water FFS. Adapt to the conditions and get on with it. It's a game for grown ups.

I'm still raging and feel sorry for the players and management.

And stick your mortgages on us losing the replay. It's the St Mirren way.

I thought you were better than that Wilbur!  There are too many Saints fans obsessed with Willie Collum for their own good.  It's totally unhealthy the way some go on.  Also, it makes them look like Old Firm fans which we should all be above.  Just type Willie Collum in YouTube and one of the ones you'll see right away is a video which has obviously been posted by Celtic supporters chanting "You're just a h*n with a whistle" at him.  I'm not saying that Collum's perfect - far from it - but who is?  All officials in every sport will make mistakes just like all of us in our day to day lives in and out of the workplace.  What's been done has been done and if it's true what has been posted about there being a bit of an "angry mob" waiting at the doors for Mr Collum coming out and he had to leave by another exit then that is going too far.

We need people who are prepared to be a Referee, Assistant Referees and Fourth Officials for every game. All this conspiracy theory is just a sideshow that we don't really need or want.  We really don't want it to get to the stages where all Officials throw the towel in because they're not prepared to put up with the nonsense that goes with it all.  We've had strikes by Officials in the past.  We've had the horrible scenes of Hugh Dallas at Celtic Park which will be engrained in my memory forever no doubt.

No, all this stuff just doesn't do us, the football clubs, the players the SFA and the Officials any good at all.

A long post.

I shall respond with a short post.....

'what a crock of shit'

And so it was in the place of Paisley that the mighty St Mirren twice smote the pagans from the High Lands andrthe miracle that is successive home wins was about to come to pass. But the Lennon haters, seeing this, cried out in woe! What the f*ck? said the horde and, with wailing and gnashing of teeth, they called upon their God. And God heard them and, fearing to call down their bile and venom on Himself, He listened to their pleas. And He sent down a great flood, such as had not been seen since the days of Noah. And God saw the flood, and it was f*cking soaking. And the evil Gollum, seeing the flood, spake. Gie's ma baw! Ah'm gaun hame, sayeth the evil one. And having no other place to go, the players were received into the bosom of the dressing room, where they were garlanded with hot towels and bovril. And the Lennon haters were ajoy. They sang the praises of The Lord, and spake. We'll get rid o that wee b*stard yet! they sang. And The Lord looked down upon the crowd and thought What a bunch of moaning b*stards.

No worries.

Still cant believe someone is prepared to defend Collum after what was clearly corruption today.

How can anyone defend a referee who initially stops the game and then proceeds to take 25 f**king mins to decide that the game should then be abandoned, in the time that he and his assistants ponced about bouncing the ball in every area of the pitch that he could find the most surface water in, we could have played on and finished the match.

It was all about Collum today, the game was incidental.

How can anyone defend a referee who initially stops the game and then proceeds to take 25 f**king mins to decide that the game should then be abandoned, in the time that he and his assistants ponced about bouncing the ball in every area of the pitch that he could find the most surface water in, we could have played on and finished the match.

It was all about Collum today, the game was incidental.

This Maximillion dude seems intent on defending Collum, and it seems if you disagree then you are jacking off to separitist leaders...... WTF

lol.gif

Aye, he's the head of a secret society that has an agenda against St. Mirren Football Club! It's all part of the "Better Together Campaign" to annoy the Natzis! lol.gif

Where in my post did I state that Collum has an agenda against St Mirren football club, I've never had a go at him before today, but my opinion is that he's an attention seeking referee who is totally incompetent at his job. is that ok ?

Where in my post did I state that Collum has an agenda against St Mirren football club, I've never had a go at him before today, but my opinion is that he's an attention seeking referee who is totally incompetent at his job. is that ok ?

Why even indulge the troll?

I think it was fantastic that ALBA televised the whole process , a fud of a referee throw throwing the ball up the air gently into most waterlogged parts of the pitch so the ball did,n,tbounce ,rolling the ball slowly so it doesn,t roll far . kicking the ball gently so it might stop short ( but it doesn,t ) , and also the bit before it happened with Ross County manager harrassing officials trying to get the game abandoned.

It should be used as a trainning video ,to teach referees how tomake decisions regarding abandonong football ganes that are played in western europe during winterg.

I suspect if either of the bigot brothers were winning at home the game wouldn,t hae been abandoned

To a certain extent St Mirren made it a bit easier for corrupt SFA officials to make a weak decision , by asking incompetant and unwilling youth team members to try and makethe pitch playable , without giving them the necessary tools.

Some of them squeegee things that golf clubs use would have made a massive difference .

We were cheated today , but our own incompetence made it easy for the cheats

To a certain extent St Mirren made it a bit easier for corrupt SFA officials to make a weak decision , by asking incompetant and unwilling youth team members to try and makethe pitch playable , without giving them the necessary tools.

Some of them squeegee things that golf clubs use would have made a massive difference .

We were cheated today , but our own incompetence made it easy for the cheats

Absolutely Griff - as a club we handled the pitch situation like a junior team.

Think the rules need looking at. Surely if you finish a half, if bookings stand then surely the result should stand as well. Then just play the 2nd half at a future date

If we had been down to 10 men, would we have to start with 10 in the rematch ?

Think the rules need looking at. Surely if you finish a half, if bookings stand then surely the result should stand as well. Then just play the 2nd half at a future date

How would you see that working?

Away fans travel for 45 minutes of football? The cost of setting up a game for only 45 minutes?

Sorry, that's not a plausible option.

How would you see that working?

Away fans travel for 45 minutes of football? The cost of setting up a game for only 45 minutes?

Sorry, that's not a plausible option.

Why not. Adams is supposed to have suggested it in todays papers.(Oviously he would, as it has no effect on yesterdays outcome)

Apparently they do it in Spain and Holland.

Why not. Adams is supposed to have suggested it in todays papers.(Oviously he would, as it has no effect on yesterdays outcome)

Apparently they do it in Spain and Holland.

The I stand corrected and still astounded this is an idea that could work.

As I've mentioned the practicalities seem considerable and, for the away fans, if nothing else, would almost, in our case, mean next to none would travel therefore posing an unfair advantage to the home team.

http://www.ramrugby.co.uk/bowdry.html

Need a few of these or something larger on the back of a tractor.

A tractor i hate to think what mess that would done.

We have only ONE groundsman and he has won countless awards on his work throughout the years.

The pitch was playable no question as we saw when Collum went through his charade with the ball.

Ross County forced the issue and were successful