St Mirren V Ross County Top League 17/11/13

shull

Saw the highlights on a Sky earlier.

Sproule's challenge for the red card is a f**king disgrace. One of the worst, and most obvious I've seen in a long time.

And Saunders' second booking looks bad enough to be a straight red!

Both players are clearly setting out to injure a fellow professional footballer, and should have the book thrown at them.

Let's see Adams come out and defend either of them for those challenges. The prick. Get your own house in order first, wanker, before you start having a pop at Jim Goodwin.

For me this is possibly the post of the day from yesterday. The last paragraph had me in stitches.

Busiest I have seen the family stand for some while. Impressive turnout. Hopefully a good number will be back next weekend. Myself and numerous people before and after me at the turnstiles were getting let through when the season tickets weren't working so crowd may actually have been a couple of hundred more.

It really is turning to a bit of an M and N show at St Mirren Park with the bulk of the starting 11 having surnames starting with the letters M or N.:-)

Posted BEFORE the Partick and County game.

Apart from the 6 points THIS has to be the best thing to happen to us for years. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Oh sorry we're all St Mirren supporters, me bad. 1eye.gif

I was thinking about that too. I know it's kind of obvious, but has Elvis left the building?

Not saying it wasn't a handball by goody, But watched it from two different angle and was at the game and I still cant see it, but fans in the Main Stand say it was they would have the best view, but its the ref who has to see it, not the fans

l never saw it at the game either and have not been convinced by what l saw in the highlights , so far. My first awareness of an incident was , when the Toss County hammer throwers complainted. Collum is a good ref' and got the decision right , certainly , it is about time he favoured us a little bit. .

I've only seen the highlights but Steven Thompson was just immense. With a wee rub of the green he might have scored two goals and if he had scored in the first half we would probably have won by a barrowload. The future looks good but please let Thompson stay fit.

l never saw it at the game either and have not been convinced by what l saw in the highlights , so far. My first awareness of an incident was , when the Toss County hammer throwers complainted. Collum is a good ref' and got the decision right , certainly , it is about time he favoured us a little bit. .

The incident was pretty well hidden from Collum and the cameras, but as FTOF says, it's a miracle that the assistant didn't give it. He actually scooped the ball around the side of the County player and away from the goal.

Anyway know what the hammer throwers were gurning about after the first goal? A few of them were around the referee when we were celebrating.

To be fair we were pish poor up there, But the upturn in our form has been superb, One thing I think we must do, is try and sign Kello up on a longer deal, The defence look a lot more confident with him behind them, And sign Dilo up as back up, Good young goalie for the future

Our biggest priorities should be to get Kello and McLean signed up on longer deals, McLean looks like a different player in the middle of the park, class act.

Our biggest priorities should be to get Kello and McLean signed up on longer deals, McLean looks like a different player in the middle of the park, class act.

On that performance yesterday , there's no way we'll be able to hold McLean for much longer.

Just watched the highlights and had a look at the BBC text commentary and it would appear that Kettlewell (5) gave away more fouls that Goodwin (4) so Adams should perhaps get his facts right before spouting pissh. From the way Adams spoke you'd have thought Goodwin had been in double figures of fouls.

Both red cards were correct and tv footage inconclusive on the handball at the end. If we'd ended up drawing the game it would have been a travesty.

Hibs will be a tough game - is Goodwin likely to be suspended for this one?

Goodwin may have had his poorest game in a while in terms of misplaced passes... but he was protecting the young lads from the Staggies thuggery and did so well not to respond to the niggles of their players who were obviously following instructions.

Jim Goodwin is not and never will be a McLean, McGinn or McGowan... but he allows them to be and that is good enough for me!!!

In a team of youngsters, we need senior players supporting and encouraging them. Would be nice if we the supporters encouraged and supported the senior players in return and appreciated the selfless work they do.

Absolutely spot on there, excellent post. The abuse of Jim Goodwin - our captain and lifter of the League Cup - is unmerited at best and embarrassing at worst. Since Goodwin has been returned to his midfield destructor role, the three “Mc”s you mention have been playing to their obvious ability and potential – long may it continue.

Talking to some supporters afterwards who used some of Goodwin’s misplaced passes to spout their vitriol about Goodwin and even “Fanny Lennon”, rather than comment on some of the attacking play or fine moments of individual skill witnessed, or how pleasing it is to see so many youth system products playing in the side, or that the current run of form (5 ½ wins from 6 ½ games) is particularly pleasing, just highlights the mind-set of some of our support.

To be fair we were pish poor up there, But the upturn in our form has been superb, One thing I think we must do, is try and sign Kello up on a longer deal, The defence look a lot more confident with him behind them, And sign Dilo up as back up, Good young goalie for the future

Yes, get Kello signed up! I have yet to see a facet of his game that is poor, and his shimmy past the County forward was excellent! sorcerer.gif

So, the game? Again, a dominant performance against a very poor Ross County. Some of the passing moves where very impressive and every player got pass marks. As others have commented, a more convincing result, reflective of the chances we created, would be the only negative from the game but that is clutching at straws. What is impressive, is that the same starting XI from the Thistle game can produce two very different tactical approaches but with relatively convincing victories. clap.gif

So onwards and upwards we go, next in the crosshairs is Butcher’s Hibees – same again please, Danny! thumbup2.gif

PS I absolutely icon12.gif Jim Goodwin flowers.gif love-sign.gif

Absolutely spot on there, excellent post. The abuse of Jim Goodwin - our captain and lifter of the League Cup - is unmerited at best and embarrassing at worst. Since Goodwin has been returned to his midfield destructor role, the three “Mc”s you mention have been playing to their obvious ability and potential – long may it continue.

Talking to some supporters afterwards who used some of Goodwin’s misplaced passes to spout their vitriol about Goodwin and even “Fanny Lennon”, rather than comment on some of the attacking play or fine moments of individual skill witnessed, or how pleasing it is to see so many youth system products playing in the side, or that the current run of form (5 ½ wins from 6 ½ games) is particularly pleasing, just highlights the mind-set of some of our support.

Yes, get Kello signed up! I have yet to see a facet of his game that is poor, and his shimmy past the County forward was excellent! sorcerer.gif

So, the game? Again, a dominant performance against a very poor Ross County. Some of the passing moves where very impressive and every player got pass marks. As others have commented, a more convincing result, reflective of the chances we created, would be the only negative from the game but that is clutching at straws. What is impressive, is that the same starting XI from the Thistle game can produce two very different tactical approaches but with relatively convincing victories. clap.gif

So onwards and upwards we go, next in the crosshairs is Butcher’s Hibees – same again please, Danny! thumbup2.gif

PS I absolutely icon12.gif Jim Goodwin flowers.gif love-sign.gif

Passing? ohmy.png

But some of our learned forum members have stated that we don't do that anymore? wink.png

lol.gif

Just watched the highlights and had a look at the BBC text commentary and it would appear that Kettlewell (5) gave away more fouls that Goodwin (4) so Adams should perhaps get his facts right before spouting pissh. From the way Adams spoke you'd have thought Goodwin had been in double figures of fouls.

Both red cards were correct and tv footage inconclusive on the handball at the end. If we'd ended up drawing the game it would have been a travesty.

Hibs will be a tough game - is Goodwin likely to be suspended for this one?

Pretty sure it was Kettlewell who took out Naismith in the first half, no yellow though...very poor decision. There was also a few kicks at McGinn in the first half, seem to recall one in the middle of the park that didn't see a booking given after the advantage was played.

Adams obviously trying to deflect from his teams "give them it back, so we can kick them again" tactics in the first half. Maybe I'm being unfair, maybe they were just shite and unable to use the ball effectively. Whilst he's at it, maybe he could comment on the diving of his forward player.

Passing? ohmy.png

But some of our learned forum members have stated that we don't do that anymore? wink.png

lol.gif

They were stating we weren't doing it anymore...but, keep up with the unnecessary digs if it makes you enjoy wins more.

Anyone who was at QOTS or any of the games pre-Hearts away couldn't have failed to notice passing was something of the past. Even at Tannadice it looked like we were playing with a balloon. Some of the passing at Firhill was nice, but last night was exceptional, great even...just great!

Too true bud... it beggars belief how we managed to lose 3-0 to that mob...

Apart from their hot run (7wins & 3 draws from 10 games) at the start of the year (remember they were below us before the 1-4 game in January) County have been mediocre in the SPL.

The 3-0 defeat at the start of the season came while Lennon was still trying to accommodate Grainger & Harkins, in addition to this County are suffering from the second season syndrome having had a couple of their better players lured away - if Thompson stays fit I reckon we have a stronger squad than County and would expect to finish above them.

I've been very critical of Danny but happy to say that he's (almost) proved me wrong and shown a huge amount of character to retain the support of the players and deliver those 4 recent wins. Long may it continue. The key thing is for the momentum and belief to continue as it would be really frustrating if we end up on another long winless streak.

Have to say you can tell how good McLean & McGinn are as week in week out they are clearly singled out for special treatment by the opposition. It's great to have them both plying their trade in the same midfield - long may it continue.

I've only seen the highlights but Steven Thompson was just immense. With a wee rub of the green he might have scored two goals and if he had scored in the first half we would probably have won by a barrowload. The future looks good but please let Thompson stay fit.

He did.

I've been very critical of Danny but happy to say that he's (almost) proved me wrong and shown a huge amount of character to retain the support of the players and deliver those 4 recent wins. Long may it continue. The key thing is for the momentum and belief to continue as it would be really frustrating if we end up on another long winless streak.

Have to say you can tell how good McLean & McGinn are as week in week out they are clearly singled out for special treatment by the opposition. It's great to have them both plying their trade in the same midfield - long may it continue.

As is McGowan. It has been quite a long time since we had players that the opposition need to "take care" of. Our midfield, right now, is very very good.