Five Crap Albums

Reidy1987

1. Big Huge and Wee Tam. Double album of pure drivel by the Incredible String Band.

2. Focus Live at the Rainbow. Excellent studio band. Absolute s***e live.

3. Music inspired by Lord of the Rings (Bo Hansson). OK, I was young, I was just getting into Lord of the Rings...

4. The Magician's Hat (Bo Hansson). They say you should never make the same mistake twice. Ehm...

5. Concerto for Group and Orchestra (Deep Purple). Totally pretentious. Totally s***e.

I'm away to clean out my album collection... :blink:

Lost most of my albums years ago. The one that springs to mind immediately was by Rick Wakeman - some nonsense about King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. :blink:

I also bought a rave CD at the Barras once. P!SH!!

Also had an album by Stephen "tin-tin" Duffy, think he sang for Duran Duran before Simon Le Bawbag. Quite liked it but not too credible.

Songs from Ally McBeal by Vonda Shepherd. Good songs murdered. <_<

Sid Jnr's BBC children's programs CD. Never ever buy this for your children, you will regret it for the rest of your life. :ph34r:

OK, I was young, I was just getting into Lord of the Rings...

It must have been a long time ago..... first released in 1954, just slightly older than you! :P:P:P How's yer white wrinkly bits? :lol::lol:

What? Bo Hansson released his album in 1954? Jings... :blink:

And the white wrinkly bits are... ehm... white and wrinkly. Most of the time. :lol:

Not so much crap, more disappointing:

Morcheeba - Fragments of freedom (great first single, pish album)

Radiohead - Kid A (what?)

Coldpaly - Rush of Blood to the head (Scientist excluded!)

Therapy? - Infernal Love

Ramones - Its alive

There is bound to be thousands of worse albums about than these, just ones I bought and thought that's not as good as I hoped it would be. :(

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless.

So much for this being critically acclaimed and costing £250,000. It's nothing but noise and some whispers.

Been better of recording it in a cupborad with an old tape deck. Oh wait ........... :D

It's s***e (either that or the CD i bought is fecked).

Guest Infamous 7-0

the worst ones i have ever bought are:

Catatonia - International Velvet

DMX - The Great Depression

Kelis - Kaleidoscope

Bone Thugs "N" Harmony - Thug World Order

Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise

Guest Becksy
Not so much crap, more disappointing:

Ramones - Its alive

There is bound to be thousands of worse albums about than these, just ones I bought and thought that's not as good as I hoped it would be. :(

w**kBAG

GABBA GABBA HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Becksy

THE WORST ALBUM EVER MUST BE 'THE FAUST TAPES' YET IT IS WELL OWNED DUE TO ITS MUCHO CHEAPO PRICE. I BOUGHT MY COPY FROM OPUS IN JOHNSTON ST, NEXT TO HARRY KEILLER'S BIKE SHOP. HARRY'S HAIR IS WORTH A THREAD OF ITS OWN AND HIS LITTLE 'HARRY KEILLER' STICKERS JUST UNDER THE SADDLE ON THE TOP OF THE UP-BAR WERE A TOP BIT OF MARKETING, WAY AHEAD OF ITS TIME. 'I SEE YOU GOT YOUR BIKE FROM HARRYS'. I BELIEVE BOBBY F GOT THE 2ND CHOPPER IN PAISLEY AT £34.99 new pence FROM HALFORDS AT THE SITE OF THE EX McDONALDS TOY SHOP IN CAUSEYSIDE ST.

• 4 weeks later...
THE WORST ALBUM EVER MUST BE 'THE FAUST TAPES' YET IT IS WELL OWNED DUE TO ITS MUCHO CHEAPO PRICE. I BOUGHT MY COPY FROM OPUS IN JOHNSTON ST, NEXT TO HARRY KEILLER'S BIKE SHOP. HARRY'S HAIR IS WORTH A THREAD OF ITS OWN AND HIS LITTLE 'HARRY KEILLER' STICKERS JUST UNDER THE SADDLE ON THE TOP OF THE UP-BAR WERE A TOP BIT OF MARKETING, WAY AHEAD OF ITS TIME. 'I SEE YOU GOT YOUR BIKE FROM HARRYS'. I BELIEVE BOBBY F GOT THE 2ND CHOPPER IN PAISLEY AT £34.99 new pence FROM HALFORDS AT THE SITE OF THE EX McDONALDS TOY SHOP IN CAUSEYSIDE ST.

True about Harry's hair - a weird hybrid of Professor Pat Pending from Wacky races and Andrew "Brillo Pad" Neill. genius with bikes, mind. I wonder where Harry is now - Broon Breid ?

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless.

So much for this being critically acclaimed and costing £250,000. It's nothing but noise and some whispers.

Been better of recording it in a cupborad with an old tape deck. Oh wait ........... :D

got to disagree with you there my man...... :)

i think 'loveless' has got some pretty unique sounds on it.

Although it nearly made creation records bankrupt, its an ambitious piece of work.

defo not a crap album...

my top crap 'uns are..

patti smith - horses

brian eno- thursday afternoon

happy mondays - yes please

underworld - second toughest....

manic street preachers - all of them :P

My Bloody Valentine  -  Loveless.

So much for this being critically acclaimed and costing £250,000.  It's nothing but noise and some whispers.

Been better of recording it in a cupborad with an old tape deck. Oh wait ...........  :D

got to disagree with you there my man...... :)

i think 'loveless' has got some pretty unique sounds on it.

Although it nearly made creation records bankrupt, its an ambitious piece of work.

defo not a crap album...

my top crap 'uns are..

patti smith - horses

brian eno- thursday afternoon

happy mondays - yes please

underworld - second toughest....

manic street preachers - all of them :P

Ha, just goes to show everyone has got a different opinion. I would have siad that both horses and loveless are great albums. :wink:

The most over hyped peace of shit music must be Radiohead , every album in the past 5 is an experment too far. A fasion faze for dope heads..gee cool man ! !

I have over 800 cd's but can honestly say i have only one bad album.

Kenny G.. Yoch any buddies want it there welcome

The most over hyped peace of shit music must be Radiohead , every album in the past 5 is an experment too far. A fasion faze for dope heads..gee cool man ! !

I have over 800 cd's but can honestly say i have only one bad album.

Kenny G.. Yoch any buddies want it there welcome

Lucky you, IDC. Obviously you've never bought an album cos you liked the cover artwork. :rolleyes:

By the way, I hope Jonathan Ross never reads the bit of this thread about Radiohead... :lol:

Reidy 87,

Stellers Wheel.....is that right <_< Anyway have you seen the Feegie Park album cover, what a clasic,i used to look at that for hours while listening to "Stuck in the middles with you" and "star" In fact there were many good tracks on that album.

Listen, remember that record shop boys , up the west end , all dark and rocky !

I bought many an album there from just hearing it bast out the speakers.

I also bought a great badge in there. It had a ships ancher attached to a W, he he he he ! They don't make them like that anymore

Re Radiohead, i like the album Honey and can understand where it is coming from. But after that album :blink:

Reidy 87,

Stellers Wheel.....is that right <_< Anyway have you seen the Feegie Park album cover, what a clasic,i used to look at that for hours while listening to "Stuck in the middles with you" and "star" In fact there were many good tracks on that album.

Listen, remember that record shop boys , up the west end , all dark and rocky !

I bought many an album there from just hearing it bast out the speakers.

I also bought a great badge in there. It had a ships ancher attached to a W, he he he he ! They don't make them like that anymore

Re Radiohead, i like the album Honey and can understand where it is coming from. But after that album :blink:

Ah yes, Listen Records, right across the road from the museum. They had a sign in the window that said something like "Hey mums and dads, we don't sell any nice Donny Osmond records. We just sell dirty, noisy long haired rock and roll records. So don't come in". It worked... :P

Yeh, Feegie Park was some album, both outside and inside the cover. But I bought some absolute lulu's based solely on the cover art... :blink:

Guest Becksy
Radiohead are the biggest pile of pretentious s***e ever.

I take it that's after the Beatles and U2............

A half decent tune here and there for the Beatles, after Boy, U2 went right downhill, the 2 most over-rated bands ever. Elvis is a dead cabaret singer with few song writing credits. He gets a mention on Love me Tender and that's about it.