Palace Royale.... What's Happened?

stlucifer

It is time for them to avoid HMRC?

That just might be the case. I was friendly with a Chinese guy who had a place here in Bangor. His name was Paul even though he was from Kowloon. Turns out he knew Scotland quite well. He had lived in Dundee, Edinburgh, Motherwell and Dumfries all for four years. Then it was Carlisle and Birmingham before coming over here. When he had been here for four years he told us he was off. Last I heard he was in Dublin. He had no qualms about telling us it was that four years was the perfect time to buzz off to bugger up the tax man. He swore to us all that was true and that he had virtually never paid any tax in the UK. I'm not suggesting that all Chinese restaurateurs do this. Don't suppose the guy who owned the Palace Royale was called Paul, by any chance?

That just might be the case. I was friendly with a Chinese guy who had a place here in Bangor. His name was Paul even though he was from Kowloon. Turns out he knew Scotland quite well. He had lived in Dundee, Edinburgh, Motherwell and Dumfries all for four years. Then it was Carlisle and Birmingham before coming over here. When he had been here for four years he told us he was off. Last I heard he was in Dublin. He had no qualms about telling us it was that four years was the perfect time to buzz off to bugger up the tax man. He swore to us all that was true and that he had virtually never paid any tax in the UK. I'm not suggesting that all Chinese restaurateurs do this. Don't suppose the guy who owned the Palace Royale was called Paul, by any chance?

Around here the business will usually change owners at the 3yr mark. The name of the business might be the same but new personnel and different menu. .