School Kids Taking Holidays

faraway saint

Its the jealousy and envy of someone having something that others don't.

You have a better workplace pension than me - BOO!

You get more holidays than me - BOO!

You have private healthcare provided by your employer - BOO!

You earn more - BOO!

Its nothing more than a race to the bottom, instigated by the tiny minority who hold the wealth and power, aided and promoted by the media. As long as the plebs are bitter and fighting against each other the elite get away with abusing.

Lecturers earning more than me? Really? :rolleyes:

It's not about a race to the bottom. I'm not worried about high wages in the public sector so long as they are earned. For example if one employee can implement a programme which sees tens of millions of pounds of saving with with very little impact on the service delivery then I'd be more than happy to see them paid a seven figure salary. Where I get annoyed is when public money is wasted on inefficient services.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I think 'heroes' as you are using it is an asinine term used initially by the press. Personally I don't like it, but do you really think British Soldiers are to blame for the bollocks that is present -day Afghanistan?

No not just the British. The Americans have to share that blame.

There's no doubt that both Afghanistan and Iraq are far more dangerous countries now than before we invaded them.

If there is ever justification for invading another country and engaging in activities which result in hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians losing their lives, it certainly could never apply to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Oh ffs, if you must indulge your puerile sense of humour at least attempt to use a bit of wit. You have half of the needful after all.

Wow. Which of us lucky lucky people has been the target of your savage and brutal tongue?

Is it me?

Is it Faraway?

Is it the forum's resident Moonbeam?

We've all done that, normally by changing a wee bit of what's been said, not by making up a completely unrelated sentence.

And making it funny, don't forget making it funny.

smile.png

Ok, since you've made yourself the Funny Manager.

(Now see, if I changed the word Funny...............................see, do I win a prize? whistling.gif )

• 7 years later...