Partick Thistle V St Mirren Top League 9/11/13

shull

Certainly from my point of view BTB, as Buddiecat pointed out, a mod asked not to take the thread off topic after a post I had made. Now I agree that the match day threads shouldn't be pissed all over and shouldn't be used as a vehicle to have a go at people and start quarrels but before I made the post where I replied to Buddiecat's post I wasn't the only one on here who had posted something unrelated to yesterday's match at Firhill. Also, now in the thread created about the manager's contract there are people who have posted utter shite about cutting their toenails, "don't quote the crazy" and "he's pissed" etc. and low and behold, there is no post in there by a mod asking not to take the topic taken off topic. If it's ok for some people to go off topic, it should be ok for everyone surely?

Fair enough, I rather like it when topics take a detour, at times it can be tedious but I far prefer this site to overly moderated ones like the OS (although I understand the reasons for this) - when a thread deteriorates too much I make a mental note and avoid it.

I was genuinely puzzled by the response as I considered my original post relatively innocuous.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS

Scoreline flattered us.

Took the 3 goals well and McLean had his best perfomance in a while, matching hard graft with his skillful side. Naismith was composed, especially after an early booking, His tackle in our box, the one that injured him, was sublime. The defence look composed, especially the centre halfs although I'm sure cheesy will take no credit for that on here whistling.gif

Thistle play good football but they have no goal threat. I've never sat through a game and been so relaxed at the amount of corners we gave away.

My Partick supporting neighbour whose kitchen window faces my kitchen window put a single candle in his window.

I think he does it when he wants to bring a bit of romance to his Saturday night cooking with his missus.

I put four candles in my window with three lit and one not.

He gave me the finger (whilst smiling).

I think Kello has been excellent since coming in. Assured and appears a calming influence to the defence with far less panic defending. The whole defensive unit were the foundation for the win yesterday all were great. Good to get a break with a penalty decision too for a change. Interesting to see Thistle fans applaud Gowser when subbed despite us feeling he hadn't played as well as he can. Probably shows what harsh critics we are of our own team. Oh and mixing lager, malt whisky, jagermeister and mango daiquiri is most certainly not a good idea !!

See, thats where you're going wrong...

Have them in seperate glasses and you'll be fine.

Yeh I had a 4-1 away win at Airdrie in mind too. I thought it was around the 2002-2003 era give or take a season. I seem yo remember a cracking free kick, maybe by Richard Britain?

it was before Richie Britain's was with us. The free kick was Ian Anderson or Charlie Adam, I remember thinking 'that's too far for him to try a shot!'.

Considering only 700 tickets were available in advance from the ticket office (which sold out on Saturday morning), it shows the importance of a cash turnstyle.

It's very rare that we as supporters are in a stand with wooden floors. Did anyone else notice that the loudspeakers were not working either.

Given the lessons of the Bradford fire - I'm suprised that Thistle get a safety certificate.

In case anyone wants to know how quickly a fire can spread then watch how quickly the Bradford stand went up in smoke,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLjquReTHcU

56 people died that day and hundreds were injured.

A toilet that fits 4 people at a time and no hot water at the food counter also

While they are three very valid points I feel we need to concentrate more on the three points which have now headed back to Paisley.

Allegedly Danny Lennon was almost shown the door after the last Thistle game but only a last minute change of heart by one member on the board come the board meeting on the Monday saved Danny from the sack. Tommy surely had a feeling that Danny was extremely close to the sack and I would assume that's what their coming together at the end of Saturday's game was about.

It's incredible how a couple of months ago you couldn't think of a defensive unit that could do a job for the side and now you almost have 2 or even 3 players who are capable of adding something to the team in each of those defensive positions. Kelly and Grainger at left back, Naismith and Vanzy on the right with anyone from Mcausland, Mair, McGregor and even Goodwin in the centre whilst Dilo was outstanding between the sticks with excellent shot stopping and early distribution of the ball quickly turning defence into attack. Kello looks extremely assured with great positional sense, a calming influence at the back together with some great early distribution like Dilo.

Hopefully we can keep the feel good factor going by getting a win against Ross County on Sunday. Hibs will be a tough test if Butcher gets the gig but on our day we are more than capable of getting a win in Dumfries.

Keep up the good work lads.