Partick Thistle V St Mirren Top League 9/11/13

shull

I think I might actually know the answer to this question but I'll ask anyway.

LS is planning on attending this match. Will you be there as well Faraway Saint?

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

‘Cyber No1’ the loyal blackandwhitearmy poster who never misses a day ‘all day’ posting fresh air on his keyboard in his pink and fur bedroom. Took me too long but eventually you realize this poor soul is lost in cyber space with only imaginary friends who don’t even use their proper names. Can you imagine in the pub talking about your imaginary friends in cyber world. 99.9% of posters at least go along to some games if not all, the 1% being ‘cyber No1’ who can’t even make Dundee almost on his door step. Oh ! Almost forgot he had an operation on his back passage (one really wonders how he managed to damage that , maybe not ! Let him keep that for the pink and fur bed room) Came on here as Toby Jug a while back the Cyber No1 sent me a private e-mail full of abuse to LS that I could join his wee online mates to antagonize me though of course he did not realize I was LS. Honestly you could not make it up this a guy who is well past 45 years still stuck in a school play ground - What a scream !

There you go a nice big juicy fresh smokie Haddock for cyber No1 to get his nashers into. Give me credit at least it won’t be a troll post sometimes you need to bring cyber No1 out of his shell

‘Cyber No1’ the loyal blackandwhitearmy poster who never misses a day ‘all day’ posting fresh air on his keyboard in his pink and fur bedroom. Took me too long but eventually you realize this poor soul is lost in cyber space with only imaginary friends who don’t even use their proper names. Can you imagine in the pub talking about your imaginary friends in cyber world. 99.9% of posters at least go along to some games if not all, the 1% being ‘cyber No1’ who can’t even make Dundee almost on his door step. Oh ! Almost forgot he had an operation on his back passage (one really wonders how he managed to damage that , maybe not ! Let him keep that for the pink and fur bed room) Came on here as Toby Jug a while back the Cyber No1 sent me a private e-mail full of abuse to LS that I could join his wee online mates to antagonize me though of course he did not realize I was LS. Honestly you could not make it up this a guy who is well past 45 years still stuck in a school play ground - What a scream !

There you go a nice big juicy fresh smokie Haddock for cyber No1 to get his nashers into. Give me credit at least it won’t be a troll post sometimes you need to bring cyber No1 out of his shell

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Watching Thistle against the Dons, we just need to get stuck in about them in the middle of the park. Not been impressed by Bannigan, Welsh and the number 7 who hardly touched the ball.

Higginbotham looks dangerous and their full backs push forward, but with our current team and structure I'm feeling confident.

Beaten by the second best team in the league.

3 individual errors, 2 from the same player.

Banzo ducks at the free kick then leaves the runner. Welsh switches off for the third.

I think we will cope fine with st mirren's A-game. Both our centre half's will deal with the high ball to Thommo.

Yes.... To paraphrase, st mirren shouldn't be losing to a team like Thistle.

This was my favourite bit:

As for the game, draw isn't good enough here. A draw at home to a smaller team like Thistle is never going to be good enough certainly, but it's definitely not going to be enough given the wider circumstances. Anything less than a win and Danny should resign on Monday

Edited by dave.j

Yes.... To paraphrase, st mirren shouldn't be losing to a team like Thistle.

This was my favourite bit:

As for the game, draw isn't good enough here. A draw at home to a smaller team like Thistle is never going to be good enough certainly, but it's definitely not going to be enough given the wider circumstances. Anything less than a win and Danny should resign on Monday

So never said beneath?

Don't think I said you used the word "beneath".

Well you said I thought it. Which I never. Nor did any of the quotes you posted imply that I thought it was 'beneath' Thistle.

Winning a one off game against anyone is beneath no team, particularly if those teams are in the same division.

If we were playing Thistle at home on Saturday i'd be expecting a win. As I do whenever we are playing smaller teams in Paisley. I don't know where you're getting the term beneath from there.

Well you said I thought it. Which I never. Nor did any of the quotes you posted imply that I thought it was 'beneath' Thistle.

Winning a one off game against anyone is beneath no team, particularly if those teams are in the same division.

If we were playing Thistle at home on Saturday i'd be expecting a win. As I do whenever we are playing smaller teams in Paisley. I don't know where you're getting the term beneath from there.

It seems quite obvious to me.

Here's another gem, keep em coming buddy...

Posted by Lex on 28 August 2013 - 23:07 in Matchday & Travel Club

faraway saint, on 28 Aug 2013 - 22:07, said:

Of course we should beat Thistle. We are a bigger club at home to a smaller club and our players are far better and far more experienced than theirs are.

Even without focussing on the bigger picture and the wider context of this game and potential ramifications for our club, anything less than 3 points on Saturday is simply not good enough.

I will always expect us to beat teams like Partick Thistle, Morton, ICT, Ross County, St Johnstone, Falkirk etc in Paisley regardless of the wider scenario. These are smaller clubs than ours and they should not be leaving Paisley with points.

Perhaps my expectations are too high and perhaps they could be seen as arrogant, i feel they are justified. We are a fantastic football club with a history and tradition teams like the above mentioned can only dream of.

We as fans of St Mirren have every right to be expecting our team to beat teams like Partick Thistle and similar at home every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I hope I never settle for less.

It seems quite obvious to me.

Here's another gem, keep em coming buddy...

Posted by Lex on 28 August 2013 - 23:07 in Matchday & Travel Club

faraway saint, on 28 Aug 2013 - 22:07, said:

Of course we should beat Thistle. We are a bigger club at home to a smaller club and our players are far better and far more experienced than theirs are.

Even without focussing on the bigger picture and the wider context of this game and potential ramifications for our club, anything less than 3 points on Saturday is simply not good enough.

I will always expect us to beat teams like Partick Thistle, Morton, ICT, Ross County, St Johnstone, Falkirk etc in Paisley regardless of the wider scenario. These are smaller clubs than ours and they should not be leaving Paisley with points.

Perhaps my expectations are too high and perhaps they could be seen as arrogant, i feel they are justified. We are a fantastic football club with a history and tradition teams like the above mentioned can only dream of.

We as fans of St Mirren have every right to be expecting our team to beat teams like Partick Thistle and similar at home every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I hope I never settle for less.

Yep, that's a longer version of what I posted two minutes ago.

Teams like St Mirren should be beating teams like Partick Thistle at home. Just like bigger teams like Aberdeen and Dundee United should be beating us at home.

Of course that's not how football works, but fans of any club are quite right to expect them to be beating smaller clubs at home. And they do.

I assume if a team like Dumbarton showed up at Firhill you'd be expecting a win? Or would you be expecting a... Draw?

Yep, that's a longer version of what I posted two minutes ago.

Teams like St Mirren should be beating teams like Partick Thistle at home. Just like bigger teams like Aberdeen and Dundee United should be beating us at home.

Of course that's not how football works, but fans of any club are quite right to expect them to be beating smaller clubs at home. And they do.

I assume if a team like Dumbarton showed up at Firhill you'd be expecting a win? Or would you be expecting a... Draw?

I never expect any result, regardless of who we are playing. I've watched football long enough and give opposition teams respect, as a football fan. That comes with a maturity of watching and learning the game for a long time.

Maybe that's yours and many other st mirren fans failing. You expect to beat teams.

No fan of teams like ours has the right to expect such a thing.

You'll learn that soon.