Best Chippie In Saintdom

Happy Buddie

Where's the best chippie (that's a take-away or sit-in restaurant, no' a jiner) in the Greater Paisley area, i.e. Paisley, Renfrew, Johnstone, Barrhead, Erskine etc. I used to swear by the one next to the toon hall in Renfrew, but haven't been there in years. The one next to the old baths in Storrie Street was a belter for me in my youth.

Paisley is Allans for me. Absolutely love sitting in for a proper chip tea. Used to enjoy Cosmos after the match when we were at Love Street though.

I usually go to Sadros in Johnstone which is usually pretty good, but they have stopped selling Barrs glass bottles, which is disappointing.

Where's the best chippie (that's a take-away or sit-in restaurant, no' a jiner) in the Greater Paisley area, i.e. Paisley, Renfrew, Johnstone, Barrhead, Erskine etc. I used to swear by the one next to the toon hall in Renfrew, but haven't been there in years. The one next to the old baths in Storrie Street was a belter for me in my youth.

In the summer holidays used to hit this one every day after going to the swimming, tons of salt on the bag of chips, in the days before salt was bad for you. clap2.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Napolitano's at the moment for me.

Used to go to Al Pacini's, but ordered a home delivery from Napolitano's which was excellent and I've stuck with them since.

Nothing wrong with Al Pacini's, just that Napolitano's is a bit closer if I'm going to the chippy in person..

I would have said Allen's but like FTOF I've been very impressed by Napolitano's. Tried Al Pino and used to go there as a kid but was a bit underwhelmed.

Get a delicious Alpino Fish doon yir neck !!!

Oh wait ....................whistling.gif