Best Chippie In Saintdom

Happy Buddie

Whitby was brilliant for chippies, the Magpie was probably the most popular but for me, the best one was on the other side of the bridge and about half a mile away from the harbour. In Peterhead, Zanries was magnificent, the fish was AMAZING. There is a chippy in Amble, a couple of miles away from me now, right down at the harbour, which is really good too.

It seems that Aunty Betty only sends me to bases close to brilliant fish and chip establishments.

This is making me hungry...

About 20 years ago loved getting chips from the Caprice.

Sandro's in Johnstone has gone downhill over the years and recently the portion sizes have been reduced, wouldn't go to Andy's in Johnstone tho.

Andy is one of my neighbours, couldn't meet a nicer bloke. Does a stack of stuff for charity through his chippers.

Whitby was brilliant for chippies, the Magpie was probably the most popular but for me, the best one was on the other side of the bridge and about half a mile away from the harbour. In Peterhead, Zanries was magnificent, the fish was AMAZING. There is a chippy in Amble, a couple of miles away from me now, right down at the harbour, which is really good too.[/size]

[/size]

It seems that Aunty Betty only sends me to bases close to brilliant fish and chip establishments.[/size]

[/size]

This is making me hungry... [/size]

The Quayside -25 metres fae the Magpie -has been best f+c place in Whitby for a few years now AND is Les Routiers 2013 shop, too.(already it's a independent f+c finalist for 2014).

The Magpie suffers from its success, I think. Queues to get in before mid-day.

Sitting on a harbour bench eating my Quayside chips in the sun last week, an auld bloke was munching his "fish-bits" from The Magpie and was grumbling at their quality. He comes to town every week and is no longer happy.

He should get himself up to Paisley's hippy chippy.

The biggest plus of the hippy chippy for me is that... it stays open till I leave the pub. :)

The Quayside -25 metres fae the Magpie -has been best f+c place in Whitby for a few years now AND is Les Routiers 2013 shop, too.(already it's a independent f+c finalist for 2014).

The Magpie suffers from its success, I think. Queues to get in before mid-day.

Sitting on a harbour bench eating my Quayside chips in the sun last week, an auld bloke was munching his "fish-bits" from The Magpie and was grumbling at their quality. He comes to town every week and is no longer happy.

The biggest plus of the hippy chippy for me is that... it stays open till I leave the pub. :)

My problem with the Hippy Chippy stems from mental scarring!

I used to visit my Gran on a Sunday and she would give me a shilling pocket money. On the way home, I'd stop at the Hippy Chippy and buy a "poke o chips"!

That was my routine until one visit they had put the chips up to sixpence and wouldn't serve me as I only had a shilling!

My problem with the Hippy Chippy stems from mental scarring!

I used to visit my Gran on a Sunday and she would give me a shilling pocket money. On the way home, I'd stop at the Hippy Chippy and buy a "poke o chips"!

That was my routine until one visit they had put the chips up to sixpence and wouldn't serve me as I only had a shilling!

You shouldve purchased 2 pokes.

Is the Quayside the place up at the roundabout near the station..?

The biggest plus of the hippy chippy for me is that... it stays open till I leave the pub.

I grew up on the Hippy Chippy pizza suppers on a Saturday afternoon after going to Love St. The big game or the reserves, chips every week... Nomnomnom...!

Is the Quayside the place up at the roundabout near the station..?

The biggest plus of the hippy chippy for me is that... it stays open till I leave the pub.

I grew up on the Hippy Chippy pizza suppers on a Saturday afternoon after going to Love St. The big game or the reserves, chips every week... Nomnomnom...!

No... it really is only 25 metres from the Magpie, west, nearer the roundabout, but both are a good 800 metres from that. Quayside is Green frontage, a couple of floors.

Quayside+Exterior.jpg