Kenny Mclean

Surprised there hasn't been a thread, Kenny's recent form hasn't went unnoticed and he's been called up to the Scotland Under 21's

He's been subjected to a lot of criticism for failing to recapture form after his injury, but he's really kicked on this season and looks to be our most likely source of goals from midfield, as well as being capable of creating chances.

A very talented young man with a bright future in the game. Hope he keeps thr good work up before his eventual move away from the buddies this summer when his contract is up. Maybe we might get some kind of financial compensation for developing his talent in the last few years.

Surprised there hasn't been a thread, Kenny's recent form hasn't went unnoticed and he's been called up to the Scotland Under 21's

He's been subjected to a lot of criticism for failing to recapture form after his injury, but he's really kicked on this season and looks to be our most likely source of goals from midfield, as well as being capable of creating chances.

I think even our manager has realized at last hes not a wide midfield player, as soon as he went into centre mid he has been brilliant, He is now the player we all thought he was, Keep up the good work Kenny, You deserve the call up,

Kenny is an absolutely fantastic player who's getting back to his best form after an injury plagued end to last season.

I think he may be the most naturally talented player in the squad, there's no one quite like him when he's on form gliding around the central midfield (not wide left Danny!) ghosting into the box and scoring goals. Along with McGowan and Thommo he's been among our top performers this season.

I'd be absolutely delighted if we could somehow extend his contract beyond the end of this season, but the way he's playing I think it's rather unlikely.

I ve not been his biggest fan but his form over the last month or so has been magic now starting to look like a player destined for a higher level well deserved call up thumbup2.gif also cant believe mcginn is not in the squad when theres a couple of bit part septic players and a sevco player from a part time league included

Class is permanent form is temporary! Great player with a wand of a left foot!

What I've noticed is the change in work rate. His confidence levels are sky high at the moment - always demanding the ball and picking out some lovely passes as well as getting in to the box more often.

Keep it up Kenny!!

Been brilliant of late and kind of sums up our performance as a team. Noticed him a lot chasing down every ball and bursting a gut for the cause. I always felt he just drifted in and out of games without really breaking a sweat, couldn't say that now though. He's been first class and fully deserves his call up!

bunch of two faced synchophants!!!!

Some of us have supported the lad since he was first in the starting eleven.

Some of us realise that young players rely on confidence and support to perform (and playing in their favoured position also helps).

Some of us were prepared to cut him some slack when he was trying to fight his way back from injury.

Some of us were ridiculed for likening our fans attitude to him to that of the blue bigot fans to one Charles Adam Esq!

Some of us can genuinely say WELL DONE KENNY... I ALWAYS KNEW YOU HAD THE SKILL AND ABILITY TO MAKE IT TO THE TOP IN THIS GAME! Keep up the good work lad!

As for all the comments trying to save face by stating that his workrate has increased.... tosh!!!! His confidence has returned and he is now desperate to be on the ball... just think what the lad could do in the stripes if we actually united behind him!

Put it this way... how long has Kenny been a regular in the top team? What chant have you come up with to support and encourage him?

bangin.gifbangin.gifbangin.gif

Some of us realise that young players rely on confidence and support to perform (and playing in their favoured position also helps).

Some of us were prepared to cut him some slack when he was trying to fight his way back from injury.

Some of us were ridiculed for likening our fans attitude to him to that of the blue bigot fans to one Charles Adam Esq!

Some of us can genuinely say WELL DONE KENNY... I ALWAYS KNEW  YOU HAD THE SKILL AND ABILITY TO MAKE IT TO THE TOP IN THIS GAME! Keep up the good work lad!

As for all the comments trying to save face by stating that his workrate has increased.... tosh!!!! His confidence has returned and he is now desperate to be on the ball... just think what the lad could do in the stripes if we actually united behind him!

Put it this way... how long has Kenny been a regular in the top team? What chant have you come up with to support and encourage him?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I usually enjoy your comments, but the above is the first time I've not.

The forum is about discussion and opinion. Without the sort of discussions you're looking to put an end to we wouldn't need a forum. Kenny did look off his game, lazy and as if his head was elsewhere. Luckily, he's turned that round and it also appears someone told Lennon to stop f**king around with his teams. He does deserve credit for the call up, but he'll know himself that it doesn't mean his revival is complete. Constructive criticism can be supportive.

I usually enjoy your comments, but the above is the first time I've not.

The forum is about discussion and opinion. Without the sort of discussions you're looking to put an end to we wouldn't need a forum. Kenny did look off his game, lazy and as if his head was elsewhere. Luckily, he's turned that round and it also appears someone told Lennon to stop f**king around with his teams. He does deserve credit for the call up, but he'll know himself that it doesn't mean his revival is complete. Constructive criticism can be supportive.

Indeed it can but the lad has been plain and simply abused over recent months, and undeservedly so.

I welcome opinions... I love discussions and debates... but many of the comments directed towards Kenny crossed a line that personally, I feel should not be crossed. They were abusive and directed towards someone trying his best in the stripes.

Indeed it can but the lad has been plain and simply abused over recent months, and undeservedly so.

I welcome opinions... I love discussions and debates... but many of the comments directed towards Kenny crossed a line that personally, I feel should not be crossed. They were abusive and directed towards someone trying his best in the stripes.

Personally, I've never slated Kenny on here but I'd certainly agree that he had a horrid patch of form that stretched over 5-6 months.

I didn't read any comments that went 'over the line'. Perhaps you'd like to quote them?

Personally, I've never slated Kenny on here but I'd certainly agree that he had a horrid patch of form that stretched over 5-6 months.

I didn't read any comments that went 'over the line'. Perhaps you'd like to quote them?

not particularly... if you feel that all the comments directed towards Kenny McLean over the last few months have been constructive and affirming then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Some of us were ridiculed for likening our fans attitude to him to that of the blue bigot fans to one Charles Adam Esq!

Some of us can genuinely say WELL DONE KENNY... I ALWAYS KNEW YOU HAD THE SKILL AND ABILITY TO MAKE IT TO THE TOP IN THIS GAME! Keep up the good work lad!

:hammer:hammer:hammer

What chant for Kenny have you come up with if that's the measuring stick??

Always, which makes him no different to everyone else playing for us!!

Now about that chant of yours for Kenny................

I've never once been a genius to create a chant... but am always happy and eager to join in!

Collectively then... what chant have WE, the support, come up with to encourage and support Kenny?

To be fair to Kenny, he's been constantly criticised whenever he's played, no matter his performance. Occasionally it's deserving mostly not. He's fell into that Simon Lappin role of being hated by our support, for being good but not 'consistent'.

He's been our best player this season, despite being wasted on the left at the start of the season. Constantly getting in goal scoring positions, or picking out a team mate.

People on this forum, and our 'support' have been hounding him for some time. Where As certain others get off scott free

......many of the comments directed towards Kenny crossed a line that personally, I feel should not be crossed. They were abusive and directed towards someone trying his best in the stripes.

The critical point here is that many of us, myself included, felt that he wasn't playing at his best. I actually thought he was possibly getting carried away with his own publicity. His recent run of excellent form only serves to support that argument IMHO.

As for some comments crossing a line of unacceptability, I can't say I saw any I'd consider to be in that category relating to Kenny. However, if you want to read comments that have possibly crossed that imaginary line, go through the various threads and read what has been said about Cheesy on here in recent months.

The critical point here is that many of us, myself included, felt that he wasn't playing at his best. I actually thought he was possibly getting carried away with his own publicity. His recent run of excellent form only serves to support that argument IMHO.

As for some comments crossing a line of unacceptability, I can't say I saw any I'd consider to be in that category relating to Kenny. However, if you want to read comments that have possibly crossed that imaginary line, go through the various threads and read what has been said about Cheesy on here in recent months.

you can't say the abuse Kenny McLean gets is ok just because it's not as bad as the abuse Cheesy gets. The fact either of them get abuse is pish.

Kenny was on the receiving end of some utterly vile abuse in the 3-0 defeat at Ross County earlier in the season. So much so that the culprit was approached by young Kenny's father at half time, and invited to go for a wee walk. To say that Kenny senior was raging is an understatement and who could blame him.

Why do these morons think that it's ok to shout vile abuse at young footballers as if it's a given because that's what you do at the " fitba" would these people agree with the same thing happening at their place of work.

We all know what to expect at games but in this instance the culprit was well out of order.