Free Entry At Firhill For Serving Armed Forces

partickman

Hi St Mirren fans,

If there are any of you are serving in the armed forces then you can gain free entry to Firhill this saturday

Please see details here

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2013-2014/november_2013/free_admission_for_armed_services

Thanks

Does Black & White Army count?

Most of us have two arms and are therefore 'armed'

punk.gif

I guess Shellic fans are so passionate about Scottish football that many would want to head to Firhill after watching their own teams, so the SFA (in its infinite wisdom) decided against the minute silence lest it offend such upstanding football fans.

(Poor dears would also be weary after their midweek Euro efforts. An extra minute without being offensive would be far too much to ask.)

I guess Shellic fans are so passionate about Scottish football that many would want to head to Firhill after watching their own teams, so the SFA (in its infinite wisdom) decided against the minute silence lest it offend such upstanding football fans.

(Poor dears would also be weary after their midweek Euro efforts. An extra minute without being offensive would be far too much to ask.)

They would have had to drive very fast considering they were "up norf". whistling.gif

Not everyone is a fan of the British Army,people are entitled to their personal beliefs. If anyone choses to have a minutes silence then from what I'm led to believe today is Remembrance Sunday so have it then.

And 11am is the optimum time.

Why?

It's a football match,people go to the game to watch football. There will have been people at the game who have little or no love for the British forces so why force them into something they don't wish to be part of?

Again it's a football match,people have the choice and the chance to pay respects if they chose to do so today.

Everything.

Minutes silence for British Forces has no place in a football Stadium or any public place for that matter where you have a mix of personal beliefs.

Again I will point out today is REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY and if people wish to pay their respects by a minutes silence then do so today,again at their choice.

I go to football matches to watch football.

You've hit the nail on the head

You say "I respect the decision to have one"

The word being "I" you do not speak for the people in attendance it's you're personal opinion,others also have their opinion and may chose not to observe a minutes silence for their own reasons.

Hence why it has no place at any public venue unless the people in attendance have attended for that sole reason.

You've hit the nail on the head

You say "I respect the decision to have one"

The word being "I" you do not speak for the people in attendance it's you're personal opinion,others also have their opinion and may chose not to observe a minutes silence for their own reasons.

Hence why it has no place at any public venue unless the people in attendance have attended for that sole reason.

I don't know what he's saying mate but send him a PM, that'll settle it as I feel he's composing another comeback as I type. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

PS Be my pal? whistling.gif