Dannys Contract Renewal

I don't think he'll be sacked, whatever happens this season. I think his contract will simply run out and he will not be offered a new deal.

Most likely, but he's got nothing left to offer, so should really go now. I can't imagine things would get much worse with anyone else at the helm.

We are 9th.

We will probably just about stagger along until the end of the season and have enough matchwinners to avoid 11th, despite that weak defence.

After 4 years of Danny managing the club the board will then have to decide if it is time for a change. My hunch is they probably will. The cup win was great and he assembles squads with plenty of talented individuals, but we just don't win enough games. Often we've been let down by the defence, which has never been solid enough under Lennon.

Add in the fact that the fans are scunnered and the likelihood is we probably will see a new guy come August.

Danny should not get a new deal. I'd prefer if he went early and we got a new guy in to give him games to evaluate who to keep and build for the summer like McInnes/Brown last year at Aberdeen, but deep in a relegation battle that might not be the best option.

Thompson and Teale ,two experienced players who also have played internationals.

We are 9th.

We will probably just about stagger along until the end of the season and have enough matchwinners to avoid 11th, despite that weak defence.

After 4 years of Danny managing the club the board will then have to decide if it is time for a change. My hunch is they probably will. The cup win was great and he assembles squads with plenty of talented individuals, but we just don't win enough games. Often we've been let down by the defence, which has never been solid enough under Lennon.

Add in the fact that the fans are scunnered and the likelihood is we probably will see a new guy come August.

Sounds awesome!

sack him now!! I'm sorry but watching that performance tonight was awful, feel sorry for the fans that spent good money to watch that garbage. Only pass marks for me were the defence and wylde. McGowan - too many touches at times and no support, Newton - another very poor display, Campbell - huffed and puffed but not getting down the line enough, mcginn - worst game from him in a while just never got into the game, Thompson - scored in first minute and done nothing else but miss two sitters.

Yeah the players must take a lot of responsibility but Danny and Tommy are meant to be there to inspire and encourage the team. We were awful tonight after they scored and no reaction. Why take off Campbell when we have 10men and are chasing the game? Why was Newton on the pitch for 90mins? Why wait to the 88th minute to put McGregor up front?

I'm sick of watching this drivel, your teas out Danny. Thanks for everything but times up. The fact that you have allowed a wee prick like Novo through my clubs doors has made me 100% convinced that you're finished.

This is not just an over reaction to tonight's defeat as I was thinking this on my way home when I heard the Novo news. 1 point out of thistle and hearts is a farce.

9 games till the split - 2 of them against Celtic, we've just played the bottom two clubs and taken 1 point from 6! Flush.gif

If we sacked Lennon now how would that affect our chances of bringing in the new faces we need & supposedly have lined up - they might not fancy signing not knowing who'll be in charge. Realistically we'd have to bring someone in as I wouldn't want to promote from within - I always reckoned T&T would have a decent shout at getting the gig if Lennon got punted but I wouldn't want to put any more pressure on Thompson at this point in time.

I suppose the best option is to give Lennon until the double header against Killie & Ross County late Feb / early March - can't say I'm feeling very optimistic about this.

Favourites for the play-off spot - I reckon so. Maybe I'll feel more optimistic in the morning. bag.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

He won't get sacked, he won't get a renewal.

Strap in for the rest of the season and let's hope that we can somehow stay above 11th.

1 point from Thistle home and Hearts away? Jeez, what a disgraceful return.

Letting Danny's contract run down to save money is the worst possible scenario.

1) The new manager misses out on getting a look at the squad until pre season for 2014/15, so we are playing catch up with the rest of the league.

2) We will have contracts expiring which the new manager will have to decide upon based on nothing but video.

3) We will miss out on any number of possible signing's who are out of contract or have contracts expiring.

4) You'd be asking Kenny McLean and/or Paul McGowan to sign a new deal without them knowing who their manager is. Hardly an ideal scenario.

Something is not right behind the scenes. What the hell is going on.

Yep, totally agree. Thought so since the end of last season, and feel is goes beyond the manager.

9 games till the split - 2 of them against Celtic, we've just played the bottom two clubs and taken 1 point from 6! Flush.gif

If we sacked Lennon now how would that affect our chances of bringing in the new faces we need & supposedly have lined up - they might not fancy signing not knowing who'll be in charge. Realistically we'd have to bring someone in as I wouldn't want to promote from within - I always reckoned T&T would have a decent shout at getting the gig if Lennon got punted but I wouldn't want to put any more pressure on Thompson at this point in time.

I suppose the best option is to give Lennon until the double header against Killie & Ross County late Feb / early March - can't say I'm feeling very optimistic about this.

Favourites for the play-off spot - I reckon so. Maybe I'll feel more optimistic in the morning. bag.gif

Well? thumbup2.gif

Wonder if the board would be tempted to let Danny going knowing that someone like Paul Hartley is available for no compensation. Not saying Hartley is the answer and seems to have left a bit bizarrely at Alloa but prior to that he was linked with nearly every SPL job.

I don't think Hartley would take the job if he was offered it. Can you honestly see our BOD making him an offer that he couldn't refuse ?