Dannys Contract Renewal

I don't think Hartley would take the job if he was offered it. Can you honestly see our BOD making him an offer that he couldn't refuse ?

I would be pretty surprised if Hartley didnt accept the job. The longer the last thing on his CV is "chucked it after a bad run at Alloa" the harder he will find it to get a better offer.

Edited by foxbar_bud

Currently our club is rudderless.

We have a manager that is at best “below average”. His win record is shocking. His dealings in the transfer market - Well let’s not go there. 2 seasons back we had the guts of a side that was maybe 2 or 3 players short of being a really good and exciting side. Now we’re just rubbish. Still we all go along on a Saturday (Wednesday / Tuesday/ Sunday /insert day as applicable). And watch the same tripe, baffling substitutions and average players. Currently we are desperate for a good central defender, and have been for years. But this has never been addressed.

Lennon has little or no money to play with, and to be honest I wouldn’t trust him with my sons pocket money. He has consistently squandered money on rubbish. Indeed this season he has surpassed himself.

Danny Lennon is only part of the problem. We have a board of directors that is in disarray. Trying to sell part of something is always difficult. No one (bar Fergus McCann) has made money with a football club, and Celtic was a real opportunity. St Mirren is not really an opportunity – It’s a money pit therefore, not a viable purchase. Given that no one wanted the club with no debt, new stadium and a trophy in the cabinet, would suggest the directors are asking too much and the club is not an opportunity and will not be sold soon.

The only way the directors can protect their investment is to try and bring a modicum of success to the club – consistently. Given that each league place is worth £80K higher league finishes are a must.

I do not believe this will happen under the current manager. I suspect Lennon’s contract will be allowed to run down (the cheap option) then we will scrabble to see who is available and cheap.

Given our lack of resources we need a manager with contacts or a real tactical ability. We have not had one of those for a long time and it’is certainly not Danny Lennon

Gilmour – Sort it out

I made the mistake of hiding under my rock so as not to know the score last night, and than had to endure the whole game.

Utter misery yet again.I am now beyond contempt for Lennon and his ruinous tenure at my club.He even LOOKS as though he doesnt care and has a vacant visage.So our next game is Celtic away. If ever a person needed a result to hang onto his job, could there ever be a worse scenario than Lennon against his beloved Celtic.

I hate to be so negative but this is a game we will almost certainly lose, even in normal times,so in order to perhaps hasten the departure of the worst manager in Scottish football, I would not be averse to a seven nil reverse. I have had the misfortune to witness Celtics favourite score on several occasions but would accept it on Saturday on the basis of "cruel to be kind" Such is my desire to be shot of Lennon.

I made the mistake of hiding under my rock so as not to know the score last night, and than had to endure the whole game.

Utter misery yet again.I am now beyond contempt for Lennon and his ruinous tenure at my club.He even LOOKS as though he doesnt care and has a vacant visage.So our next game is Celtic away. If ever a person needed a result to hang onto his job, could there ever be a worse scenario than Lennon against his beloved Celtic.

I hate to be so negative but this is a game we will almost certainly lose, even in normal times,so in order to perhaps hasten the departure of the worst manager in Scottish football, I would not be averse to a seven nil reverse. I have had the misfortune to witness Celtics favourite score on several occasions but would accept it on Saturday on the basis of "cruel to be kind" Such is my desire to be shot of Lennon.

Couldn't make it up. lol.gif

I love this forum. thumbup2.gif

1. Full stops needed too.

2. Hartley left Alloa now as he wanted to give a new person the chance to work with the current squad until the summer. This would allow them to makes decisions on contracts, etc. based on that, we will not be taking any job until the summer as it won't give him enough time to shape his own squad.

What a caring soul he must be. You don't think it is anything to do with the fact that compensation to Alloa was the main reason he didn't get the ICT job

Edited by beyond our ken

Ive had faraway on ignore so this is his first effort Ive seen in ages.

Go on, give us YOUR opinion then.

My opinion is that we're in deep doo doo. The manager has to take responsibility as do the players and the board.

I also don't need to post this opinion on almost every post, unlike you.

I do hope this helps as you probably will need to read it several times to get the weird idea that posting the same shit in the same context isn't always required. bye1.gif

What a caring sould he must be. You don't think it is anything to do with the fact that compensation to Alloa was the main reason he didn't get the ICT job

If ICT didn't have the lucre to compensate Alloa they must be in a right sorry financial state. Sounds to me like Hartley has something lined up. Us?

What a caring soul he must be. You don't think it is anything to do with the fact that compensation to Alloa was the main reason he didn't get the ICT job

Hibs would of paid ICT a lot more compensation for Butcher than it would of cost to get Hartley from Alloa surely?

Maybe ICT just fancied someone with a bit more experience.

Edited by Sergie's no1 fan

I am very sad to say this but we are now in a play off fight that we have no good reason to be in. It was perfectly reasonable to expect 6 points from our last two games (vs Plastic Whistle and the Hetz) but yet again we emerge hopelessly short of where we should be. Everyone is beating Hertz except us and its worse than poor.

We are entitled to demand better and better we must demand.

I am very sad to say this but we are now in a play off fight that we have no good reason to be in. It was perfectly reasonable to expect 6 points from our last two games (vs Plastic Whistle and the Hetz) but yet again we emerge hopelessly short of where we should be. Everyone is beating Hertz except us and its worse than poor.

Ross County.

I would give DL a new contract. He won us a trophy and gave us our best league position 4 27 year. Wot a would like to know is our future ambitions and who has brought in the players in the last 2 windows?

You should sit tight like lovestreet says lol. Stick Lennons new contract right up your dunger!!!

You should sit tight like lovestreet says lol. Stick Lennons new contract right up your dunger!!!

Am one of the few who praise DL for his work but don't get me wrong I understand people's frustration but a remember the Coughlin days and he is the only manager I have ever asked the BOD to give the sack.

We are a small town club that will never get more than 5 thousand average crowd no matter how well we do. We will always be a club that flirt with relegation and let's be honest we enjoy the last game deciders a remember the best away days at Fir Park and Falkirk Stadium twice. Best away days

Am one of the few who praise DL for his work but don't get me wrong I understand people's frustration but a remember the Coughlin days and he is the only manager I have ever asked the BOD to give the sack.

We are a small town club that will never get more than 5 thousand average crowd no matter how well we do. We will always be a club that flirt with relegation and let's be honest we enjoy the last game deciders a remember the best away days at Fir Park and Falkirk Stadium twice. Best away days

Lol

If that was the reason then he has every reason to walk.

No employer should be able to hold an employee to ransom for a fee.

I'll leave laughable slogans like that one to fans of Rangers and Celtic.