Dannys Contract Renewal

DL is in todays Evening Times saying he wants his future sorted out sooner rather than later as his contracts nears expiry.

A bit contradictory given the last sentence though.

"It's a very important time for us with just eight games to go before the split and we want to keep our focus on that. We'll look after our other business after that."

One cannot but admire, grudgingly, the utter nerve of Lennon wishing to get his contract sorted out sooner rather than later. I know its a mans livelihood and he is trying to keep himself in a job, thats all very laudable, but come on he has had a more than decent run in a very well paid job at which he has been found woefully inadequate.

Unlike normal human beings, footballers appear to be given high salaries on the basis they used to play the game, and any other virtues like being able to string a sentence together are seen as a bonus. That is why our game is in such a state and why entry prices are ludicrously overpriced, to pay inflated salaries and (in Lennons case) to pay off failed players contracts.

Even one who dwells in murky pools and hides under rocks can see this, why cant the St Mirren Board.

One cannot but admire, grudgingly, the utter nerve of Lennon wishing to get his contract sorted out sooner rather than later. I know its a mans livelihood and he is trying to keep himself in a job, thats all very laudable, but come on he has had a more than decent run in a very well paid job at which he has been found woefully inadequate.

Unlike normal human beings, footballers appear to be given high salaries on the basis they used to play the game, and any other virtues like being able to string a sentence together are seen as a bonus. That is why our game is in such a state and why entry prices are ludicrously overpriced, to pay inflated salaries and (in Lennons case) to pay off failed players contracts.

Even one who dwells in murky pools and hides under rocks can see this, why cant the St Mirren Board.

What a load of crock. I hope you go into your place of employment tomorrow, assuming you have one, and admit to the boss that you are not worthy! A politician claims he is doing a good job and, in some cases at least, in some people's eyes, he is. If DL thought he wasn't doing things right for the long term then he wouldn't be doing them. It's for others to agree or disagree whether or not it's in the clubs interest..

He has tried to get players above our range within a budget and had to admit defeat in some cases but IFO am fed up of armchair managers citing the snakes without admitting the ladders!

I think if djemba djemba is a hit it could see us clear of the playoff. Then if we were comfortable the board would need to make a v difficult decision. I have been critical as I do think the team can do much better but should he get us safe before the split then he might have a chance of an extension. I would like to see tommy Craig kept on even if Danny is sacked

What a load of crock. I hope you go into your place of employment tomorrow, assuming you have one, and admit to the boss that you are not worthy! A politician claims he is doing a good job and, in some cases at least, in some people's eyes, he is. If DL thought he wasn't doing things right for the long term then he wouldn't be doing them. It's for others to agree or disagree whether or not it's in the clubs interest..

He has tried to get players above our range within a budget and had to admit defeat in some cases but IFO am fed up of armchair managers citing the snakes without admitting the ladders!

Not sure what "a load of crock" means, and yes I have a place of employment.

I didnt mention that Lennon should tell his boss he is not worthy, rather that his employers should see what everyone else can.

This is my particular viewpoint, and you obviously differ, believing we have a good manager at Saints.

Not sure what "a load of crock" means, and yes I have a place of employment.

I didnt mention that Lennon should tell his boss he is not worthy, rather that his employers should see what everyone else can.

This is my particular viewpoint, and you obviously differ, believing we have a good manager at Saints.

It's in the same vain as "a load of Sh*t" whistling.gif

OK you have my respect for working such long hours. Not trying to get into an argument, we all support the same team and would like whats best for the Saints.

This wet weather has been a godsend to me and my kind so I shouldnt really be complaining.

Back under my rock for now, lol.

Something to keep you entertained while under your rock.

http://homepage.smc.edu/quizzes/cheney_joyce/vainvanevein.html

Something to keep you entertained while under your rock.

http://homepage.smc.edu/quizzes/cheney_joyce/vainvanevein.html

There's another link on that page to this:-

http://homepage.smc.edu/reading_lab/words_commonly_confused.htm

In fairness you'd never design a language like this from scratch.

On one hand it gives us great puns.

On the other it produces an entire class of people who confuse precise spelling and grammar with intelligence and clear communication.

There's another link on that page to this:-

http://homepage.smc.edu/reading_lab/words_commonly_confused.htm

In fairness you'd never design a language like this from scratch.

On one hand it gives us great puns.

On the other it produces an entire class of people who confuse precise spelling and grammar with intelligence and clear communication.

Fcuking dead rite Oakster.

Danny's last hope of being here next year ended today. Had he got us to a cup final he'd have had a good case for a new contract, he hasn't though, so he won't.

We will finish somewhere between 8th and 11th in the league and that coupled with not even making the quarter final in either cup competition is a poor season by our standards.

Therefore, Danny shouldn't and surely won't get a new contract.

Danny's last hope of being here next year ended today. Had he got us to a cup final he'd have had a good case for a new contract, he hasn't though, so he won't.

We will finish somewhere between 8th and 11th in the league and that coupled with not even making the quarter final in either cup competition is a poor season by our standards.

Therefore, Danny shouldn't and surely won't get a new contract.

With the DOB that we have,DL getting a new contract is not beyond the realms of possibility with them, as would be signing a 1 legged striker if they could get away with it.

If new owners come in, they should be presented with a stable club that has all of the key positions covered for a reasonable period and they should have both the cash and courage of their convictions to take on the existing highly successful manager and see where we go from there.

letting DLs contract slip is a sign he is sliding towards being let go. hopefully we will get to the start of March in the top six and still in the cup. At that point he should offer to leave early and see how the board's nerve holds up.

It's cast up old posts time holiday.gif - early March, Top Six an arithmetical possibility only (gotta love Tom Hendrie cloud9.gif), out of the cup and and if Lennon offered to walk away before the next game I think we both know what the answer would be.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

BREAKING NEWS! Danny's contract will not be renewed and he is aware of this! His replacement is lined up and has agreed terms in principle, it's none other than Big Maxy himself Ian Maxwell!!! On top of that the club is very close to being sold and we will have a complete change from top to bottom by the start of pre season. Exciting times ahead my buddie friends!

Note due to ECHR and The Human Rights Act Article 8 I cannot reveal my source!

Edited by Buddy Marvellous