Dannys Contract Renewal

Exactly as without these figures it's an easy statement to throw into the mix.

Suppose it's a fine line, invest with no guarantee that you will earn extra to justify the investment because you won't make much more though attendances, it would have to be through winning a cup or a high league position, both of which are difficult to achieve.

We just have to learn to live with it, get the odd “decent” season and survive as getting into debt isn’t a route we want to take............................although winning hundred of games would be fun, wouldn’t it? thumbup2.gif

If the board had sold unissued shares to SMISA as requested that would be straight investment that could have been used to buy some better players , or a good loan for a cetre forward without any debt being forthcoming

That is still the position going forward, no need for debt just invite investment , give up the power mentality

Do you genuinely believe that the clubs who 'outbid' us for Rankin and Harte are similarly sized?

Another issue I'd take with what you say is your contention that the BoD have given managers 'poor funding'. What are you basing this on? Your expectations, or an informed analysis of revenue and expenditure streams?

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, by the way. Nor am I an apologist for the current BoD - far from it - but I think a degree of perspective and realism is required.

poor funding -its only my opinion i am possibly wrong but when you release higher earning first team players Samson,Mair Carey,Harkins Grainger.Parkin etc and replace with free agents loanees and youth players this could be seen by some as cost cutting.

Dundee Utd and Carlisle are hardly GIANTS of the game so yes i would say they are of similar size.

You talk realism i believe its not unrealistic to challenge the likes of StJohnstone Inverness for a european spot

This board are looking to leave with around 2 million why?

Have they invested 2 million if they have its not been on the team

poor funding -its only my opinion i am possibly wrong but when you release higher earning first team players Samson,Mair Carey,Harkins Grainger.Parkin etc and replace with free agents loanees and youth players this could be seen by some as cost cutting.

Dundee Utd and Carlisle are hardly GIANTS of the game so yes i would say they are of similar size.

You talk realism i believe its not unrealistic to challenge the likes of StJohnstone Inverness for a european spot

This board are looking to leave with around 2 million why?

Have they invested 2 million if they have its not been on the team

Dundee Utd have the fourth highest average attendance in the league, we have the 9th. They average at around 3,000 extra punters through the gate.

Carlisle are a bit of a basket case, as far as I'm aware, based, in part, on overspending. I'm not sure where they sit in comparisn to Saints in terms of size. It is difficult to quantify, in any event.

I don't disagree with some of the points you make, but it is also possible (likely?) that the players will have regarded the clubs they opted to sign for as bigger clubs, that would serve their careers better, on top of paying more in wages.

For all that, I am aware of one case where we lost out on a player because another Scottish club offered him a Yorkie Bar and a Sherbet Dib-Dab over and above what we were willing to front up.

ETA: a counter to your argument could be Goodwin's decision to stay with Saints when Hibs were interested.

Edited by Drew

If the board had sold unissued shares to SMISA as requested that would be straight investment that could have been used to buy some better players , or a good loan for a cetre forward without any debt being forthcoming

T

Exactly how much money are you talking about being invested by that route?

Dundee Utd have the fourth highest average attendance in the league, we have the 9th. They average at around 3,000 extra punters through the gate.

ETA: a counter to your argument could be Goodwin's decision to stay with Saints when Hibs were interested.

Rankin joined Hibs instead of us, we outbid Dundee Utd for Dougie Imrie, not quite sure why.

Re Goodwin, I'd imagine he chose to stay with us for footballing reasons.

Edited by Rabinho

Aye, the fans didn't deserve to see a major cup final victory, right enough. rolleyes.gif

Ancient history , deserves the bag , as Alex Smith did too in even quicker time. Thank God there was no forums back then as the happy clappers might have helped Smith stay a little longer and we would have been relegated !

Ancient history , deserves the bag , as Alex Smith did too in even quicker time. Thank God there was no forums back then as the happy clappers might have helped Smith stay a little longer and we would have been relegated !

I was having such a happy ( clappy ) Sunday morning.

Time for work now bye1.gif

COME ON THE ROVERS !

Coming from a man who lives in the past I'd have thought you liked "ancient" history? lol.gif

PS Just back from a nice walk and the thought occurred to me......................"ancient history" not even a year ago? blink.png

Edited by faraway saint