Dannys Contract Renewal

What length of contract would you give him after this game?

None, he needs to better in the transfer window. Had Thommo been injured similar to Teale we would have been up sh*t creek without a paddle.

He mismanaged the squad during the break, he looks like he's got away with it. Never the less to go into the new season with strikers so thin on the ground was a poor decision.

None, he needs to better in the transfer window. Had Thommo been injured similar to Teale we would have been up sh*t creek without a paddle.

He mismanaged the squad during the break, he looks like he's got away with it. Never the less to go into the new season with strikers so thin on the ground was a poor decision.

I like it when people make scenarios up. lol.gif

Does "getting away with it" mean he's good? whistling.gif

I would not offer him a new contract until feb at earliest. He never bought welll in the summer as harkins,caprice and bahhoken are struggling whilst the goalkeeping situation was a joke. We needed experience but opted for two under 21 players ? Kello is in a different class from these guys and should we keep him and get a striker in then we can do well. I would also try to move David Barron on and send Reilly out on loan he is too slight to play in the team and needs games.

Edited by norrie82

I would not offer him a new contract until feb at earliest. He never bought welll in the summer as harkins,caprice and bahhoken are struggling whilst the goalkeeping situation was a joke. We needed experience but opted for two under 21 players ? Kello is in a different class from these guys and should we keep him and get a striker in then we can do well. I would also try to move David Barron on and send Reilly out on loan he is too slight to play in the team and needs games.

I would think our results and league position would determine if Lennon is made an offer to stay.

Ok, let me get this straight, when we lose its all Lennons fault, when we win its lucky?

Thanks for clearing that up from La La land. ;)

Naw ya daft auld dunderheid.bangin.gif

He has done fantastically well to turn things around. thumbup2.gif

However he decided to let go the entire front line apart from Thommo without replacing them. He decided to go with a couple of untried goalies. Our start was horrific and I honestly believe Danny was 90 mins or so away from being shown the door.

Thommo was pivotable in the turn around in our fortunes. Danny was lucky, really lucky that Thommo didn't pick up an injury. Danny's management of the squad during the transfer window was poor, really poor. Look at what the likes of Butcher did at ICT during the close season. There was a thread started on here laughing at Butcher's signings caliing them Butcher's cheap cuts.

I wouldn't be in any hurry to offer him a new contract it's just 6 or 7 games since even you thought his jaicket was on a shakey peg. Lets see how we are looking come March or April.

Naw ya daft auld dunderheid.bangin.gif

He has done fantastically well to turn things around. thumbup2.gif

However he decided to let go the entire front line apart from Thommo without replacing them. He decided to go with a couple of untried goalies. Our start was horrific and I honestly believe Danny was 90 mins or so away from being shown the door.

Thommo was pivotable in the turn around in our fortunes. Danny was lucky, really lucky that Thommo didn't pick up an injury. Danny's management of the squad during the transfer window was poor, really poor. Look at what the likes of Butcher did at ICT during the close season. There was a thread started on here laughing at Butcher's signings caliing them Butcher's cheap cuts.

I wouldn't be in any hurry to offer him a new contract it's just 6 or 7 games since even you thought his jaicket was on a shakey peg. Lets see how we are looking come March or April.

Your main point is the signings?

Ok, not great but, as I pointed out earlier, the decision if Lennon gets offered another contract will mainly be based on results and league positions with a cup run being seen as a bonus.

You, again, rely on the "lucky" word. I don't remember any points about luck when we were on a poor run?

IF, Thompson was injured we'd have someone else playing, you do know that or do you think we'd play with 10 men? How can you say with so much certainty that someone else would not have stepped in and scored goals? Did you see the sitter Thommo missed yesterday?

Yes it was 7 games ago even the dry among us, that's not you in case you forget all the dribbles you emitted at that time, were concerned and to turn things around is nothing short of incredible.

We're not there yet, but we were not there when people were screaming for Lennon to go.

Stay calm, stop focusing on the narrow views and you'll do well.

Edited by faraway saint

“There are rules to luck, not everything is chance for the wise; luck can be helped by skill.”

― Balthasar Gracian, The Art of Worldly Wisdom

Presactly Bluto.

When I was playing well at pool I usually got a bit of luck, when I wasn't everything seemed to go against me.

Back on topic.............................contract should be discussed around the end of the year, if we continue the current form it's a done deal, if we slip back to the early part of the season form, could be a time for a move.

All depends on results, nothing else.

Oh, well, and a bit of luck obviously. laugh.png