Dannys Contract Renewal

Might be willing to accept? You still think the 1000+ fans who were in the stand might be wrong and you're right?

I have spoken personally to anyone who was at the game yet, so we'll see.

In your rush to establish yourself as some kind of moral authority you decided to criticise your fellow fans who - unlike yourself - had made the effort to go the game, without anything more than an erroneous radio report to go on:

As said before, don't give me your "were you at the game caller" pish. I have been following St Mirren for almost 50 years and am selective these days about which games i attend.

Quite a fool of yourself you made there. Are you willing to accept your mistake and apologise to the fans you labelled a ' f**king shower' ? You should have done it in the match thread, but you went awful quiet in there when your mistake was pointed out to you.

Well it was obviously a qualified statement applying to those that booed, you missed that, or maybe just choose to ignore it.

Sneaky messages to the board on a public forum? Hardly very sneaky is it? If i wanted to send them a 'sneaky' message i certainly wouldn't do it on here. Would you?

The sneaky part is how you mentioned that board read this forum, if you are so well connected with them then why dont you take the direct route? seems to me you were just trying to encourage people to post more crap to support your objective of unseating a very capable and successful manager

I've spoke to Danny on several occasions and he's a very nice man who's trying his very best. However, he's done nowhere near enough to win a new contract in my opinion. Indeed, his contract was very nearly terminated after the home disgrace to Partick Thistle. I certainly won't be sorry to see him go when he leaves, i don't believe he's the right man to take the club forward.

You seem to be struggling with this debate. If reading discussions on the managers contract makes you feel uncomfortable, i suggest you don't open a thread titled ' Dannys contract renewal '. What do you think we should do? Give Danny a new 5 year deal just because he is a nice guy? Sadly, not all of us live in a fantasy land like you, this is the real world. Contracts aren't renewed every single day in every single walk of life without tears being spilled.

who the hell are you to sugest what i read and dont rea?, youve posted your opinion, i've given you the benefit of mine and called you out for the poor form you've displayed. And who said anything abot a 5 year contract? You just make stuff up to support your twisted view.

As for your final point, if DL wants to become my next boss i'd be absolutely delighted. I'd be more than willing to discuss him buying out my company if he's interested.

Edited by beyond our ken

The laugh is that the board WILL take into account the views of the hospitality crew at home games who will giving it to them in the neck about results and performances.

Its a shame that the usual suspects, yourself included, use threads like this to hand out personal abuse to fellow buds who happen to have a different opinion to yours.

Aye, very good. A bunch of drunks with soup stains on their ties? This is the collective that dictates the future of the club? Carry on thinking that if it makes you feel better.

I feel Danny has also been let down by the board in that there is no scouting provision at the club to go and check out players before we sign them,how much does it cost to fly out easy jet to check out players ? Balanced against paying out tens of thousands on wages before you discover you have bought a pup, again!

I feel Danny has also been let down by the board in that there is no scouting provision at the club to go and check out players before we sign them,how much does it cost to fly out easy jet to check out players ? Balanced against paying out tens of thousands on wages before you discover you have bought a pup, again!

Do easyjet fly to Cowdenbeath?

Has this clown Lennon resigned yet? Signing policy = abject. Scouting policy = Zilch. Tactics = hopeless. Communication = Pass.

He won't be resigning and he won't be sacked either but I just don't see how he gets another deal. This "famine or feast" shit is beyond the pale and we are now looking like one of the teams who'll be in the playoff dogfight and with the talent available at his disposal that's just not good enough.

How about one f**king season where we're comfortably in the top 6, just one! St. Johnstone, ICT, and Ross County have all done it. Why do we need to suffer the same shit every season?

Horrific start to the season followed by a steadying of the ship and now back in the mire. The Hearts game was the genesis of this run and that was squarely on the manager's shoulders IMO. We were absolutely coasting in that game until he fannied about with the team at half time and we haven't played a decent game since. I simply don't see us getting anything from Easter Road next week and then we have a HUGE home game against Thistle.

I left at the fourth goal last week, the second time I've done that in a year v Celtic and today only one of the usual five that travel to all away games went. We're all sick of watching this shite and it's gone one long enough.

I know there will be a few of you come on and defend Lennon and, to be fair, some of you have made valid points in his defence in the past but I think even the staunchest Lennon supporter must be wondering whether their faith has been misplaced. He said post match that today was just a "bad day". 5 wins from from 21 games would suggest otherwise.

He's made such a mess of the squad that we can't even fill a bench any more.

He's let players go without replacing them. He's brought in a whole host of players that are nowhere near good enough. He's vandalised this squad to the state it is at the moment.

Given the mess he's made this season, he's a sitting duck. He won't be here next season, he'll know that aswell as anyone.

The question is whether we pay him off or now or we let him run his contract down.

The latter is the likely option.

If Danny is still our manager next season I'll be flabbergasted. He's overstayed his welcome and I can only hope the Board of Directors have enough intelligence to see that he is failing badly at his job.

The telling sign for me is the nature and predictability of our defeats - its not as if the last few games we have competed, or had a lot of chances which we failed to convert - with the exception of the Dundee Utd game (which, to be honest flattered us as the game could have went weither way at one point) we have been played off the park - no shots on goal against Celtic, absolutely dominated by St. Johnstone, relinquishing a lead at Kilmarnock. God, we couldn't even beat the worst Hearts team in decades at home after going into a lead after a few minutes. Our away form especially is, quite frankly, scandalous. I barely make away games any more but i expect us to lose every away game as I don't think the players have any belief that they can win. It shouldn't be like that.

Danny is obviously a very nice man, cares deeply about the club and takes his job seriously - of that I have no doubt. However, he is out of his depth and suffering from the same mistakes over and over. Every transfer window passes and ends with us trying to pick up scraps and emerging from it with our fans looking at clubs around us with green eyes wondering why we haven't signed those players. Even the past week or so - Ross County & Partick, our 2 biggest rivals for the play-off spot, go out and sign quality strikers, both of who scored 2 goals today. We pin all our hopes on a 19yr old loan signing who has hardly played 1st team football! (not that I'm having a go at Campbell, who may well be very talented, but won't get any more goals if our tactics are to ping long balls at him when he is being marked by a guy 1 foot taller than him!).

Is the big problem that no-one at the club has any ambition and are happy to accept mediocrity, and the occasional 3 points where things "click" on the day? Are the board happy travelling to away games every 2 weeks, only to leave with their heads held in embarrasment having watched the guys they pay a salary to mess it up yet again? Whatever they think, I honestly think we should expect more from the team and manager. The fans are being short changed.

Has this clown Lennon resigned yet? Signing policy = abject. Scouting policy = Zilch. Tactics = hopeless. Communication = Pass.

You, surprisingly, missed out highest league position in the SPL and a League Cup win. (Facts)

Amazing how some people have short term memory.

This isn't to say the gardens rosy but this relentless quoting of selective "opinions" is tragic.

He's made such a mess of the squad that we can't even fill a bench any more.

He's let players go without replacing them. He's brought in a whole host of players that are nowhere near good enough. He's vandalised this squad to the state it is at the moment.

Given the mess he's made this season, he's a sitting duck. He won't be here next season, he'll know that aswell as anyone.

The question is whether we pay him off or now or we let him run his contract down.

The latter is the likely option.

While it's easy to say the players we've brought in, for around £50 or so whistling.gif , have not set the heather on fire the BoD, that you so often like to appeal to, must be aware of the limitations Lennon has had at his disposal.

I'd be surprised, and that's only my opinion, no the kind of made up facts you like to use, (Newton NOT being offered a new contract to name the latest) that we have spent quite a bit less than most and while I also feel other managers have made more of limited resources, the majority of teams above us have spent more.

We are probably where the limited cash would have us be, in the mix with another 3 teams fighting it out to avoiding the dreaded 2nd bottom place.

Only the naïve would believe we have had the same funds available and failed to spend them in the window.

It would be exciting right enough. thumbup2.gif

You, surprisingly, missed out highest league position in the SPL and a League Cup win. (Facts)

Amazing how some people have short term memory.

This isn't to say the gardens rosy but this relentless quoting of selective "opinions" is tragic.

While it's easy to say the players we've brought in, for around £50 or so whistling.gif , have not set the heather on fire the BoD, that you so often like to appeal to, must be aware of the limitations Lennon has had at his disposal.

I'd be surprised, and that's only my opinion, no the kind of made up facts you like to use, (Newton NOT being offered a new contract to name the latest) that we have spent quite a bit less than most and while I also feel other managers have made more of limited resources, the majority of teams above us have spent more.

We are probably where the limited cash would have us be, in the mix with another 3 teams fighting it out to avoiding the dreaded 2nd bottom place.

Only the naïve would believe we have had the same funds available and failed to spend them in the window.

It would be exciting right enough. thumbup2.gif

Newton won't get a new contract at Newcastle. You can bookmark this and take that to the bank if you doubt me . He was rubbish again today, if he continues playing like that he will be lucky to get a contract from a team of our level, never mind an EPL team. The rest of the post is a load of rambling whatabouttery that's typical of yourself.

The facts are that the club is in the midst of yet another dismal run. This dismal run - like the one at the start of the season - is a direct result of terrible management of the football club.

The management made such a mess of the squad in the summer that they're ripping it up and trying to start again. The problem with doing that in January is that we have games to play during this self enforced transition period, this and the obvious difficulty of signing players of the required standard during the season.

It's no wonder we can't even name an 18. It's no wonder that disgraces like Grainger continue to start matches. It's no wonder that a player who has been AWOL for three months shows up unannounced on Wednesday and gets straight back into the squad on Saturday, and gets 30 minutes game time too!

What a terrible mess the squad is. This mess is solely and completely the fault of the clubs management. As such their contracts cannot, must not and surely will not be renewed.

If Danny is still our manager next season I'll be flabbergasted. He's overstayed his welcome and I can only hope the Board of Directors have enough intelligence to see that he is failing badly at his job.

The telling sign for me is the nature and predictability of our defeats - its not as if the last few games we have competed, or had a lot of chances which we failed to convert - with the exception of the Dundee Utd game (which, to be honest flattered us as the game could have went weither way at one point) we have been played off the park - no shots on goal against Celtic, absolutely dominated by St. Johnstone, relinquishing a lead at Kilmarnock. God, we couldn't even beat the worst Hearts team in decades at home after going into a lead after a few minutes. Our away form especially is, quite frankly, scandalous. I barely make away games any more but i expect us to lose every away game as I don't think the players have any belief that they can win. It shouldn't be like that.

Danny is obviously a very nice man, cares deeply about the club and takes his job seriously - of that I have no doubt. However, he is out of his depth and suffering from the same mistakes over and over. Every transfer window passes and ends with us trying to pick up scraps and emerging from it with our fans looking at clubs around us with green eyes wondering why we haven't signed those players. Even the past week or so - Ross County & Partick, our 2 biggest rivals for the play-off spot, go out and sign quality strikers, both of who scored 2 goals today. We pin all our hopes on a 19yr old loan signing who has hardly played 1st team football! (not that I'm having a go at Campbell, who may well be very talented, but won't get any more goals if our tactics are to ping long balls at him when he is being marked by a guy 1 foot taller than him!).

Is the big problem that no-one at the club has any ambition and are happy to accept mediocrity, and the occasional 3 points where things "click" on the day? Are the board happy travelling to away games every 2 weeks, only to leave with their heads held in embarrasment having watched the guys they pay a salary to mess it up yet again? Whatever they think, I honestly think we should expect more from the team and manager. The fans are being short changed.

Quite right........

In summary, until the club is sold, expect what you see most weeks, it ain't changing.

Let's face it , more torture for all involved. I just hope that we can galvanise ourselves somehow. In terms of sacking a manager - no chance, getting players in - I'll not hold my breath, bolstering fans backing.......it's a tall order.

IMO the absence of Gary Teale has cost us a few points and league places, but heh hoh, such is the squad game in the top flight.

Presently we are shite at it.

Fwiw, getting routinely dismantled today in front of less than two and a half thousand fans, I'm sure it's more than me that thinks, well phuck that !

Yes this is his last year of a Newcastle contract and he's been told he's not getting a new one. Wouldn't be surprised if we signed him permanently in the summer.

Newton won't get a new contract at Newcastle. You can bookmark this and take that to the bank if you doubt me .

See above, where you stated quite clearly "He's been told he's not getting a new one" which is quite clearly a load of old shite.

You might well be correct that he DOESN'T, but to state this is clearly a lie.

Hope this helps clarify that you go on and on and on about the same old.

I actually agree with some of your points, I just don't need you to repeat these again and again.

See above, where you stated quite clearly "He's been told he's not getting a new one" which is quite clearly a load of old shite.

You might well be correct that he DOESN'T, but to state this is clearly a lie.

Hope this helps clarify that you go on and on and on about the same old.

I actually agree with some of your points, I just don't need you to repeat these again and again.

I'd heard Conor had been told in October he wouldn't be getting a deal at Newcastle. Makes sense, he's nowhere near their squad.

He wanted a loan deal in the lower leagues down South to put himself in the shop window down there, but there was no interest. Hence he extended with us.

I'd heard Conor had been told in October he wouldn't be getting a deal at Newcastle. Makes sense, he's nowhere near their squad.

He wanted a loan deal in the lower leagues down South to put himself in the shop window down there, but there was no interest. Hence he extended with us.

There's no need to drag this our any more Lex.

I'd doubt last year at this time Dummett was "near their squad" but that's all speculation.

Again, I don't know if he wanted the deal you say but wouldn't blame him.

There's no need to drag this our any more Lex.

I'd doubt last year at this time Dummett was "near their squad" but that's all speculation.

Again, I don't know if he wanted the deal you say but wouldn't blame him.

Like I said, if what I'm saying is proved wrong next year I will hold my hands up.

It won't be though.

Our signings this month will either be...

Players TC has worked with before.

Players DL has played with before.

A loan kid from Newcastle.

Someone useless who looked great against us.

An "offer" from an agent.

The squad is bad enough without Danny bringing others in. For every Goncalves there are umpteen Paddy Cregg or Paul McQuade type signings. I can only hope we finish 10th.

I honestly dont think we will sign anyone

Why would we, our squad is really strong, with loads of competition for places and game changing options available from the bench every week. Plus, we're far too good to get dragged into the play-off places, aren't we?

(Note: annoyed at myself for being so sarcastic but couldn't resist).

Why would we, our squad is really strong, with loads of competition for places and game changing options available from the bench every week. Plus, we're far too good to get dragged into the play-off places, aren't we?

(Note: annoyed at myself for being so sarcastic but couldn't resist).

Great post.

Sarcasm only works of it's closely disguised as truth, fail I'm afraid.