Dannys Contract Renewal

Indeed. In fact the club was up for sale when he was first appointed in 2010.

So it wasn't an issue then, but it is an issue now?

Anyone know why? What's changed?

A cynic would think that this isn't the reason he's not getting a new contract at all...

Seems a bit of a non-story to me.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-manager-danny-lennon-2957532

DANNY LENNON has revealed he’s still in the dark over a new St Mirren contract and has pleaded with the board to let him finish the job he’s started.

The Buddies boss will be a free agent in the summer but has yet to begin negotiations on a fresh deal with the Paisley club up for sale.

And the St Mirren gaffer believes he’s earned the right to blood more talented kids such as Jason Naismith and Sean Kelly and try to emulate their 2013 League Cup success.

As he prepared for their Boxing Day clash against Dundee United Lennon said: “It would maybe help the players I’m trying to keep here and bring in if my own position was a bit clearer.

“I can understand the club is up for sale and the board think if new men come in they’d possibly want to bring in their own people.

“I want to continue the good journey we’ve been on here and keep the progress going.

“As 2013 comes to an end it will go down as one of the best years in the club’s history after winning the Cup at Hampden.

“But just as important to me is the conveyer belt of young players we have coming through. That’s what I want to carry on.

“I think my CV and pedigree in the short time I’ve been manager here is pretty decent.

“And the board have been more than supportive of me through good and bad times.

“But it would be good if we were sitting here knowing what direction we’re going in.

“I know where I want to go with St Mirren but it’s whether I’ll be given the opportunity to do that.

“I’ve not had any negotiations regarding my position but I do know there hasn’t been a concrete offer to buy the club as yet.”

Lennon hopes to tie up a deal for keeper Marian Kello who has impressed on a short-term contract and revealed he’s close to signing a new striker in the January window.

He said: “If the right people come along we’ll look to do something. It’s no secret we’re trying hard to keep Kello.

“We’re also well into negotiations with one player in particular and I hope to have him up here by the end of next week.

“We haven’t spoken to out-of-contract players yet. The ‘assets’ we like have all been tied up as well as the youngsters coming through.

“Others will have to continue the work they’ve done in the last 12 games where we only lost three and earn a new deal.”

St Mirren go into the game with in-form United off the back of two poor defeats by Motherwell and Aberdeen.

But Lennon said: “We’ve experienced sticky times before and we’ve come through them.”

The BoD has carried out the tasks associated with running the club for over 4 years now, since the consortium announced their intention to sell their shares as a block. They seem to be undecided on whether to give Lennon a new contract and will no doubt be looking to results over the rest of the season before making a decision on that particular position, meanwhile they're discussing terms with Kello, a new striker as well as recently signing Kelly & Naismith on longer deals, like I said a non-story.

Seems a bit of a non-story to me.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-manager-danny-lennon-2957532

The BoD has carried out the tasks associated with running the club for over 4 years now, since the consortium announced their intention to sell their shares as a block. They seem to be undecided on whether to give Lennon a new contract and will no doubt be looking to results over the rest of the season before making a decision on that particular position, meanwhile they're discussing terms with Kello, a new striker as well as recently signing Kelly & Naismith on longer deals, like I said a non-story.

If new owners come in, they should be presented with a stable club that has all of the key positions covered for a reasonable period and they should have both the cash and courage of their convictions to take on the existing highly successful manager and see where we go from there.

letting DLs contract slip is a sign he is sliding towards being let go. hopefully we will get to the start of March in the top six and still in the cup. At that point he should offer to leave early and see how the board's nerve holds up.

Maybe the "new owners" are already known to the BOD and don't want Danny , so by not getting a new deal it doesn't cost the "new owners" to get rid of him. Here's hoping anyway ! happy.png

I think we'd all appreciate it if you could give any new managerial appointment, by prospective new owners, your personal approval.

Hopefully that way we'll be able to avoid another raft of "deja vous" type posts in two or three years time.whistling.gif

If new owners come in, they should be presented with a stable club that has all of the key positions covered for a reasonable period and they should have both the cash and courage of their convictions to take on the existing highly successful manager and see where we go from there.

letting DLs contract slip is a sign he is sliding towards being let go. hopefully we will get to the start of March in the top six and still in the cup. At that point he should offer to leave early and see how the board's nerve holds up.

Disagree, it's clear the BoD came close to sacking him after the Thistle game, although results have improved dramatically since then I think they are still undecided on whether to offer Lennon a new contract. To me the Record article reads more like Lennon stating his case for a new deal than anything else. I'm sure if we get to March in the state you describe Lennon will be offered a new deal without having to indulge in any brinkmanship.

The fact of the matter is Lennon will be back to managing in the lower leagues when he finally leaves us , the deluded nonsense that he will somehow be "in demand"for his managerial "talent" is hilarious .The amount of money he has wasted on players is shocking ,his tactics are debatable and it is only the shocking state of the scottish game that allows him to appear a better manager than he actually is .No new contract

The fact of the matter is Lennon will be back to managing in the lower leagues when he finally leaves us , the deluded nonsense that he will somehow be "in demand"for his managerial "talent" is hilarious .The amount of money he has wasted on players is shocking ,his tactics are debatable and it is only the shocking state of the scottish game that allows him to appear a better manager than he actually is .No new contract

Nice post.

You really should check out what "fact" means before posting such puerile pish.

You must be a joy at games.

Edited by faraway saint

I think Danny Lennon has got us in the mix for a top 6 finish. When he said he trusts the young players at the club and brings through naismith and Kelly and they are 2 of our best players so far. The way he has developed mcginn,McLean,Newton,dummnet,dillo has impressed me! Some of his signings have been questionable Cornell bankonen were bad. Grainger,Harkins will come good. Our football is better to watch we have good young players coming through he won us a cup give him a long contract and support him i say!

He also talks the our club up at every opportunity. i don't know if we will make top 6 but it will be close this year!

What is it you want, champions league??

The fact of the matter is Lennon will be back to managing in the lower leagues when he finally leaves us , the deluded nonsense that he will somehow be "in demand"for his managerial "talent" is hilarious .The amount of money he has wasted on players is shocking ,his tactics are debatable and it is only the shocking state of the scottish game that allows him to appear a better manager than he actually is .No new contract

You bore me to tears.

What kind of statement is that? The Scottish game is where it is and it's due to the financial constraints that Danny would need to revert to the thumping the ball up the park or continue to attempt to make the proverbial silk purse out of a relative sow's ear and entertain the punters.

I know which I prefer to see and I think he delivers it quite well when the players apply themselves.