Forgotten Songs

Heard the Jags fans singing a song that we used to sing, at the weekend and it got me thinking are there any other songs we've forgotten about.

The song in question is this;

We will follow St.Mirren, over land and sea, AND SEA! We will follow St.Mirren on to Victory, ALTOGETHER NOW..

Why don't we sing it anymore, and can anyone think of any others

Heard the Jags fans singing a song that we used to sing, at the weekend and it got me thinking are there any other songs we've forgotten about.
The song in question is this;

We will follow St.Mirren, over land and sea, AND SEA! We will follow St.Mirren on to Victory, ALTOGETHER NOW..

We don't win enough to remember the words..... UNTIL NOW!

I always liked singing "We're tap o' the league an' you're 'no". smile.png

Sooooo Long ago, so ditto.

"Let's all laugh at Rangers"

They're DEED! So we can't.

Yeah I had heard that we used to sing that, when was it? 60/70s?

You'll never walk alone was sung with gusto in the late 70s and early 80s. I used to love singing it and I was saddened when I found we had dropped it from our repertoire. Another oldie was the one sung to the tune of hey Jude. A comprehensive Scottish cup win against airdrie at Broomfield sticks in my memory where that song reverberated around the ground which had a cracking atmosphere ( 5-0 I think I'm sure Billy stark ran riot although I might have dreamt it)

Generally , we only sing 2 songs now , OWTS and Northbank Aggro (l wonder how long it will be until upcoming generations wonder why we sing about the Northbank). Sometimes we sing Big Broonie,s song and sometimes we sing ". .And we're Paisley Saint Mirren. ." but generally we don't. .

I can't remember the last time l heard , "If you want to go to heaven when you die " and "the first goal was scored by Gunnie. . " but l think , maybe that Cup Final , that we won. .

We,re badly needing a bit of variety and simplicity in the St Mirren songbook .

Dublins fair City ,Go Buddy Go , Que Sera and Come on ye Saints would be nice for starters

Some sort of adaption of " the wild rover " would be good as well . Always liked the days when we sang "you,ll never walk alone " , "HelloHello we are the Buddy Boys " ,and "For its a Grand Old Team "

Also surprised why we have not put together a version of " we,ll be coming down the road "

"We,re the finest team in Europe and we come from Paisalee"