Celtic Game Moved Again

bud72

So our first game of the season against them will take place in January, with 2 other games against them squeezed in before the split? If we end up in the top 6 and get them in the cup we could have had 9 months with no games against them followed by 5 games in as many months!

And this is another reason, as if we needed one, that the decision to allow them to play a fcuking friendly can have an effect on the opposition, us!

Absolute bollox that ANY team is allowed to fcuk off and play a friendly when the league has started, shocking.

Although I'm sure if we want to do the same thing next season, say a friendly with Largs, we would get the ok.

Did the right thing as 3 away games in a week before Xmas wasn't right on fans or club but farcical that a game scheduled for second game of season has had to be changed this often and eventually get played 6 month later .. all so Celtic could play a friendly.

Gives the inept Lennon two transfer windows to strengthen his team before facing the side that pumped his manky lot in January's semi-final.

Gives the inept Lennon two transfer windows to strengthen his team before facing the side that pumped his manky lot in January's semi-final.

That was my only concern, surely a pre windows fixture ought to be played before the next transfer window opens ? Yes I know the window opens for everyone, but we won't all have post Champions League filthy lucre to play with...

That was my only concern, surely a pre windows fixture ought to be played before the next transfer window opens ? Yes I know the window opens for everyone, but we won't all have post Champions League filthy lucre to play with...

Another good point.

Deliberate or not, this gives them an unfair advantage.

Absolut nonsense this was allowed in the first place.

it does give them an advantage. What if they have signed that Icelandic star player and he hits the ground running and rattles in a hat trick? what if McGowan is transferred, or otherwise unavailalbe in February? what if McLean is away? and our good form has deserted us....

But at the same time, if we had played them when it was originally scheduled, given our form at that time, we surely would have got a thumping.

They do make such a fuss of things being fair eg, teams being made to complete a set of fixtures before moving ground it is a wonder they didn't insist the game was played in the same 1/4 or certainly before the next transfer window.

I like the mischevious idea above about all teams requesting a friendly when due to play Celtic though!

it does give them an advantage. What if they have signed that Icelandic star player and he hits the ground running and rattles in a hat trick? what if McGowan is transferred, or otherwise unavailalbe in February? what if McLean is away? and our good form has deserted us....

But at the same time, if we had played them when it was originally scheduled, given our form at that time, we surely would have got a thumping.

They do make such a fuss of things being fair eg, teams being made to complete a set of fixtures before moving ground it is a wonder they didn't insist the game was played in the same 1/4 or certainly before the next transfer window.

I like the mischevious idea above about all teams requesting a friendly when due to play Celtic though!

Alternatively.

What if the Icelandic guy is a flop? What if we continue to win and our confidence grows and grows? What if McLean has been promoted to the full Scotland squad? What if McGowan has his mind right on the game? What if WE sign a loanee of the ilk of Isma?

NO NEED TO GET CROSS ABOUT IT!lol.gif

Just before I step on the Outrage Bus, were the club involved in the move of the date..?

I seem to remember that Celtic asked us to bring forward a game and gave us a sweetener of a few K so one of their mob would miss the saints game but then be eligible for the next OF game...

Dizny change the fact that the reason behind the initial game no being played is an utter disgrace...

I expect our club were happy to move this as we already have 7 games from 30th Nov (QOTS) and 1st Jan (Killie).

Four of those games are away. This would have been an extra midweek game to stretch a small squad.

Good decision for the team, but also the travelling supporters during the festive period where money is already stretched.

Plus - there is always the possibility of a cup postponement and / or cup replay!