A Knight Needs 7 Inches, (Just To Be Safe.)

stlucifer

Dreadful news folk.

Apparently some boffins have declared that the "almost" Munro", Knight's Peak on Skye has been demoted for being 61/2 ", YES, six and a half inches, too short.

Could the next intrepid soul to climb the tor please take a couple of boulders and some super glue?

And on the way back could you pop in to Royal Exchange Square and use the glue for Wellington's cone?

The world's gone mad!bangin.gifbangin.giffish.giffish.gif

Dreadful news folk.

Apparently some boffins have declared that the "almost" Munro", Knight's Peak on Skye has been demoted for being 61/2 ", YES, six and a half inches, too short.

Could the next intrepid soul to climb the tor please take a couple of boulders and some super glue?

And on the way back could you pop in to Royal Exchange Square and use the glue for Wellington's cone?

Makes you wonder why these boffins decided to take on this important job and how much did it cost as it means fcuk all.

PS Reported for suggestive thread title.

PPS Somner will be along with a funny picture to make us all laugh any minute now. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Relax... :)

It has NEVER been a Munro. And wouldn't become a Munro, even if they'd found it to be twenty metres taller as it's too close to Sgurr nan Gillean.

Even as a Munro "top", I'd bet less than 2% of Munro baggers have been anywhere nearer Knight's Peak than the top of SNG. Too hard for most.

Ben Lawers -an easy Perthshire walk - had a massive cairn built on it way back around the 1880s by folk who loved that hill... And wanted it to just scrape over the magical 4000 feet mark to make it the 8th hill of that height in Scotland.

The OS ignored that and the cairn has since been dismantled/eroded/blown away...

The tiny top of Knight's Peak would be even less likely to keep its added height... he pointed out with a po face... :)

Relax... smile.png

It has NEVER been a Munro. And wouldn't become a Munro, even if they'd found it to be twenty metres taller as it's too close to Sgurr nan Gillean.

Even as a Munro "top", I'd bet less than 2% of Munro baggers have been anywhere nearer Knight's Peak than the top of SNG. Too hard for most.

Ben Lawers -an easy Perthshire walk - had a massive cairn built on it way back around the 1880s by folk who loved that hill... And wanted it to just scrape over the magical 4000 feet mark to make it the 8th hill of that height in Scotland.

The OS ignored that and the cairn has since been dismantled/eroded/blown away...

The tiny top of Knight's Peak would be even less likely to keep its added height... he pointed out with a po face... smile.png

That's all fair enough and quite factual , bluto. There is however , no suggestive comment that l can perceive , whatsoever. .

So reported for being too factual. .

That's all fair enough and quite factual , bluto. There is however , no suggestive comment that l can perceive , whatsoever. .

So reported for being too factual. .

Humble apologies.

I now feel like an even bigger 'pointy thing' than Sgurr nan Gillean....

If you... Ahem... prick me, do I not bleed?

I hope this helps? :unsure:

Dreadful news folk.

Could you not just stick Wellingtons cone on the top of the hill?

Relax... smile.png

The tiny top of Knight's Peak would be even less likely to keep its added height... he pointed out with a po face... smile.png

If I didnae ken ye better on here I'd swear this was a

post-7588-0-92913800-1384338343_thumb.jp

I did finish the post with the ' po face' acknowledgement...

I am indeed an anorak, almost literally... as I've needed one on the Skye and other hills for about 50 years.

I found the OP VERY INTERESTING, as well as enjoyed the humour.

I'd say I need to get out more but I think that may be exactly what caused the Whoosh.... :rolleyes:

Dreadful news folk.

i knew a lassie called munro,she liked a right good 6 to 7 inches,so i used to bend it in half n fk her twice(ahh the old ones are the best),,lol.gifwhistling.gif