Tragic News, R.i.p. Good Buddie

TC7

Simon was born in '68.

Myself and my family will be attending the game 2moro in Simons honour. What is the best way to get the message out to the fans that a minutes applause will be happening on the 68th minute? With there not being a electronic board to tell us how many minutes have gone in the match that may prove tricky, I'm not sure.

Is there anyone that knows someone at the club that could alert the fans at the stadium perhaps?

Simon was born in '68.

Myself and my family will be attending the game 2moro in Simons honour. What is the best way to get the message out to the fans that a minutes applause will be happening on the 68th minute? With there not being a electronic board to tell us how many minutes have gone in the match that may prove tricky, I'm not sure.

Is there anyone that knows someone at the club that could alert the fans at the stadium perhaps?

Trust me - it will "just" happen!

67/68/69 mins - it's not important - the Black & White Army will come together & do it!

I feel a minutes silence is far more appropriate for these kind of things. Tragic that like most of us, we went along and enjoyed last Saturday greatly but one didn't return safely home.

Normally I would agree, but:

A ) It is unnofficial

B )There is a game of football going on at the same time!

Edited by thepaisleypanda

Simon was born in '68.

Think the likes of Herbie would need to speak to Phil if this is to work. Only a small minority will be made aware through this site. Hope it happens.

Couldn't believe this when I heard it no one should go to a match to never return let alone go anywhere to never return I'm such horrible circumstances

I got to know Simon as I used to DJ in Borgia for his brother Keith. I had been attending the football for many moons and it was one of those situations that I had never met Keith or Simon before but once I had then you would always bump into them everytime we were out and about and at the games

As mentioned Simon sorta more introduced himself to me, nothing to do with DJing more that he had realised there was a chatting opportunity in there to discuss the buds.

He always offered you a beer which I think I only ever got the chance to offer him one back compared to the amount of times he would offer you. A very genuine sincere guy who had no other motive other than being an all round friendly guy.

Sad news. God bless you Simon x

RIP good guy

Only just read this and recognised the name. I didn't know him personally but he was in the year above me at school and I knew his face.

He was standing near me right behind the goal when Paul McKnight's winner went in at Somerset Park and I remember hugging him during the celebrations!

Very sad that this can happen.

Just want to leave my condolences to friends and family of Simon, I never knew him as such though did speak to him a few times years ago when I did a wee stint on the door of Borgia and his brother Keith was running it. Seemed a genuinely good guy. Have just learned of the 68th min applause but have shared it on my FB as many others have.

Too many buddies have been taken to young in the last couple of years - let's hope we do them proud today and give them something to smile about up there.

there was a thread quite a while ago about your first saints game. Well this may take some time, but it's time to write it. I grew up in ibrox with my 2 sisters and my older brother. The Richardson family also lived there. My brother was friends with Ferrier and I was friendly with Keith, young Simon was a few years younger and an extremely nice boy. We all went to the same school and attended the same BB company. We spent a long time in each others company, playing football or just hanging around on the local green. I don't know if their parents are still alive but they were very kind generous people who always gave you a sense that they really cared about all us boys. Sadly a lot of boys were influenced by the old firm but I can remember as if it was yesterday Keith saying to me that he supported St Mirren and would I like to go to a game. I went to my first game and was immediately sold on everything at Love Street. From that day Keith and I went to every game home and away, defiantly wearing our scarves walking to the bus stop at the top of Copland rd. After a few wonderful years Keith decided he was heading to London and unfortunately we haven't seen each other since, but I will always hold him in a special place as he was instrumental in saving me from old firm oblivion.Now back to young Simon, he was quite a bit younger than us but I remember he always came across as a gentle boy and when I saw his photo on the BBC he had inherited the strong family features. Simon came from a Family who worked hard and gave to others with an earthiness and sincerity very rarely seen these days. We have lost one of our own and may His memory be honoured in a way that he would want. I hope that this comes across in the way that it's meant. Simons family and friends are constantly in my thoughts and may your love for one another and the healing of time help you through. God bless you Simon

there was a thread quite a while ago about your first saints game. Well this may take some time, but it's time to write it. I grew up in ibrox with my 2 sisters and my older brother. The Richardson family also lived there. My brother was friends with Ferrier and I was friendly with Keith, young Simon was a few years younger and an extremely nice boy. We all went to the same school and attended the same BB company. We spent a long time in each others company, playing football or just hanging around on the local green. I don't know if their parents are still alive but they were very kind generous people who always gave you a sense that they really cared about all us boys. Sadly a lot of boys were influenced by the old firm but I can remember as if it was yesterday Keith saying to me that he supported St Mirren and would I like to go to a game. I went to my first game and was immediately sold on everything at Love Street. From that day Keith and I went to every game home and away, defiantly wearing our scarves walking to the bus stop at the top of Copland rd. After a few wonderful years Keith decided he was heading to London and unfortunately we haven't seen each other since, but I will always hold him in a special place as he was instrumental in saving me from old firm oblivion.Now back to young Simon, he was quite a bit younger than us but I remember he always came across as a gentle boy and when I saw his photo on the BBC he had inherited the strong family features. Simon came from a Family who worked hard and gave to others with an earthiness and sincerity very rarely seen these days. We have lost one of our own and may His memory be honoured in a way that he would want. I hope that this comes across in the way that it's meant. Simons family and friends are constantly in my thoughts and may your love for one another and the healing of time help you through. God bless you Simon

Lump in my throat reading that, mate.

Brilliant words mate. Thank you from all his family

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I can think of a few things to say, one of which being that I hope he rots in his shit smeared rat infested cell for the rest of his miserable days.

Well done to all of the family and friends who had to endure the trial and stand as witnesses and a huge thanks to the true Buddies and Jags fans who helped raise awareness of this horrendous crime. against a lovely and innocent guy.

Justice at last. RIP Simon. Missed every day.

When I read of one of the witnesses being an IT worker on nightshift who saw it happen from his office window my hopes were greatly raised of a conviction. Very happy with the outcome. Looking to remember a good friend on the first anniversary of his passing next weekend, ironically enough against Thistle but this time in Paisley

Rest easy Simon. Still loved and still missed.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/crime-courts/martial-arts-killer-boasted-to-instructor.25715122

Martial arts killer boasted to instructor

Wilma Riley

Wednesday 29 October 2014

A MAN who used martial arts kicks during an unprovoked street attack on a stranger has been convicted of murder.

Luke Quinn, 33, left his victim Simon Richardson dying in the street after an assault which involved knocking him to the ground and then stamping on him as he lay defenceless.

Hours later Quinn, of Busby, East Renfrewshire, boasted to his taekwon do instructor by text about what he had done.