Tragic News, R.i.p. Good Buddie

TC7

Has the c**t been sentenced?

Sentence deferred for 6 weeks for reports. It will be a mandatory life sentence, the only variant for the judge to decide is when he will be eligible to apply for parole.

Has there been any pictures of the murdering scumbag released?

something no family should have to go through. Good article about what seems a thoroughly good guy. Rip buddie

Benny I'm sure you'll have spoken to Simon. Before his mum got really ill he was a regular home attendee and would be in The Bull for pre-match drinks. Plus the fact he'd be seen having a blether at half time.

Never new Simon, but reading what happened is very sad and makes you so angry, something like this could happen to any of us or our loved ones. I'd love to know how the guy who murdered Simon was deported to the UK from New Zealand for sex offences when he came from South Africa though!

• 4 weeks later...

Couldn't agree more - the evil c*** will only be 47 when he gets out and that really doesn't seem right at all.

14 years will be when he will be eligible to apply for parole, not when he will be released. Not many murderers get parole at the first time of asking.

I hope he spends the rest of his life in jail however, he's clearly a dangerous animal.

14 years will be when he will be eligible to apply for parole, not when he will be released. Not many murderers get parole at the first time of asking.

I hope he spends the rest of his life in jail however, he's clearly a dangerous animal.

do you know if he was he inside or out on bail before the trial?

Minimum of 14 years is not enough. The law is an ass. Should have been a minimum of 25 years for such a premeditated act. And it begs the question why the Kiwis saw fit to dump this piece of trash onto our shores.

I dearly hope Simon's family and friends can somehow get some closure and move on with their lives. Will still be very raw in the mind, I guess.