Tragic News, R.i.p. Good Buddie

TC7

Puts my small moaning about my team being beaten at the weekend into perspective after reading this sad news on the Partick Thistle website.

Very sad news and thoughts go to Simon's friends and family and St Mirren fans for losing one of their own.

Rip Simon

Good of you to come on here!

Similarly - it could as easily been a Jags fan doing EXACTLY the same!

A tragic story. I recognise his friendly face from St Mirren games. Very sad that such a well liked and friendly person could be taken in such tragic circumstances. The stories above paint the picture of a very of lovely guy. So sad. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

I spent Saturday with Simon and his mates at the thistle game. We had drinks before and after the game and had a great fun day together, which was just like any normal day with Simon.

Little did I know when I said goodbye to him that was the last time I would ever see him.

I could tell hysterical, fun stories about Simon all day then we would have to take a break and save more for another day

Some of the tributes on this have been incredible and paint the picture of the great man himself

The reason I got to meet a lot of the saints fans was because Simon was kind enough to take me to the games

Thank u to everyone for all their best wishes and kind messages.

The world will be a sadder place without him

Uncle Simon I miss u so much and would do anything to bring u back for one more day to watch the saints

I’ve been thinking of little else the last few days and realise that it may not have been so difficult personally were it not for the fact I spoke to him just a few hours before it happened. That I was actually part of his Saturday night makes it more acute. Like big Davie said you can’t help thinking “what if” but there’s no point in thinking that.

Some of the comments on here have brought a smile to my face. He DID always tend to greet people with a handshake and he was genuinely interested in how others were getting on.

I said he was in the catering industry; well it was actually pubs mainly but restaurants as well. And he knew the best way to deal with people as well.

As Div says care must be taken that the court case doesn’t get affected and we’ll see what happens in due course. For me though, it’s just such a senseless waste of a good guy.

As Simon was 45 - that means he was almost definitely born in (68)

How about a minutes applause at minute 68 on sunday to remember one of the "Black & White Army" who never returned from a winning away match?

Thoughts? (Would be polite to let the teams & ref know of course!)

Edited by thepaisleypanda

How about a minutes applause at minute 68 on sunday to remember one of the "Black & White Army" who never returned from a winning away match?

Hi I am sure Simon's family and friends would appreciate this and give them perhaps a little comfort at this very sad time.

As many of you will be aware we sadly lost Thistle fan Scott Cant just over a month ago.

Scott was 23 and at the 23rd minute of the Partick Thistle v Hibs game all the Thistle fans started clapping, then the Hibs fans all joined in and it was a lovely moment to commemorate one of our own taking at such a tragically young age. It also helped give a small amount of comfort to Scott's friends and family at such a heartbreaking time.

In regards to the minutes applause I think that would be a terrific idea.