Turned Around?

Danny has made it to January, something that I didn't think was possible at one stage. He has the transfer window to try and sort out the shortage of options up front that we have. Thanks be to God that Thommo didn't pick up an injury.

This loan guy from Newcastle will save us, I tell you, it's in the stars. thumbup2.gif

If not, Harkins will be our saviour.

Those who were calling for Danny's head deserve most of the credit for the turnaround. DL was a rabbit in the headlights who was scared to make changes. The pressure the dissenters put on DL brought about the changes in team selection and tactics that have made the difference. Getting Goodwin out of the back 4 and dropping Harkins and Cornell as well as focussing Thommo and McGowan on the task at hand has made the difference. Well done the dissenters ![/quote

Looks like l was premature in congratulating my fellow dissenters for our contribution to the turnaround. We have been too quick to assume that we had done enough to achieve the short sharp shock that DL needed to turn this tanker around and set it on the correct course. Recent performances and 2 points from 12 (St Mirren NIL has become a mantra) tells its own story.

How many are still convinced that DL has the 100% support of the team ?

Those who were calling for Danny's head deserve most of the credit for the turnaround. DL was a rabbit in the headlights who was scared to make changes. The pressure the dissenters put on DL brought about the changes in team selection and tactics that have made the difference. Getting Goodwin out of the back 4 and dropping Harkins and Cornell as well as focussing Thommo and McGowan on the task at hand has made the difference. Well done the dissenters ![/quote

Looks like l was premature in congratulating my fellow dissenters for our contribution to the turnaround. We have been too quick to assume that we had done enough to achieve the short sharp shock that DL needed to turn this tanker around and set it on the correct course. Recent performances and 2 points from 12 (St Mirren NIL has become a mantra) tells its own story.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

The audacity of some dafty supporters to think they know and can say, with any authority, statements like this really makes me laugh.

Away and have a good look at yourself. bangin.gif

A forum member mentioned today that some football supporters are stupid, he called that right.

Edited by faraway saint

:lol:lol:lol

The audacity of some dafty supporters to think they know and can say, with any authority, statements like this really makes me laugh.

Away and have a good look at yourself. :hammer

A forum member mentioned today that some football supporters are stupid, he called that right.

Do all those dafties live in Dreamland, Arbroath ?

The wheels have fallen off Danny's ambulance after just a few weeks on the road. We are still in a relatively comfortable league position right now because the top 6 teams have been duffing up the other bottom 6 teams. Ross Co and Thistle are spiralling downwards and Hearts kids are too inexperienced. Meanwhile we have returned to hibernation. Top 6 for us ? Not this season - again !

:lol:lol:lol

Away and have a good look at yourself. :hammer

Also, forgot to mention, a question (see my post) is not a statement.

Arbroath Daftie.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Away and have a good look at yourself. bangin.gif

Ah come on now ! Tell the lovely people WHO said that earlier ! laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Guest somner9

today's the day we find out how far saints have come (or not?). how the squad respond to a couple of toothless performances will tell us if we are a better team than last season, and go some way to deciding if Danny get a contract renewal.

a draw or home win against a rampant Arab side will be an achievement, and set us up nicely to deal with hearts and Killie?

no points today and my prediction of top six after the Killie game will be hanging by a shred....

Believe...

Me, there, does that count? thumbup2.gif

Do all those dafties live in Dreamland, Arbroath ?

The wheels have fallen off Danny's ambulance after just a few weeks on the road. We are still in a relatively comfortable league position right now because the top 6 teams have been duffing up the other bottom 6 teams. Ross Co and Thistle are spiralling downwards and Hearts kids are too inexperienced. Meanwhile we have returned to hibernation. Top 6 for us ? Not this season - again !

ha ha

I think that the news on DL's contract proves that it was a financial decision to retain him, ain't afford to pay compo to him and to new manager's old club.

As I have said before, it'll be Thomo and Teale at the end of the season, pay players wages and get two managers for free!

What a load of sh*t

I think that the news on DL's contract proves that it was a financial decision to retain him, ain't afford to pay compo to him and to new manager's old club.

As I have said before, it'll be Thomo and Teale at the end of the season, pay players wages and get two managers for free!

You have said before.

I smell another Captaino fishing trip