Turned Around?

Loud and clear down here faraway loud and clear. I am sorry that you haven't made it down and wish you a speedy recovery . I would say that until you have had to sit thought the dross we served up then I have every right to call it as I see it. I have congratulated Danny recently but as with any team when the chips are down the media intensify the stories and its on here many fans vent their frustration. I am most certainly not dim but if you get a kick out of that then I'm fine with that. Fact is you have watched saints 12 times in a season and a half whilst I have been there all the time meaning I can criticise the team and. Praise them as I see how good or bad they are. Yes it's fickle yes we get frustrated but its football the world over. Anyhow I must have missed something as two months ago I seem to remember almost everyone saying it wasn't good enough and it wasn't but hey now it is.

Many thanks for the best wishes Norrie, much appreciated.

Good post and I've no intention of picking through every word as it's mostly a decent viewpoint.

The highlighted part is puzzling as it's 100% correct and I don't see what the problem is?

I mentioned in my OP something very similar, although there were different levels panic, but as our current form is good enough surely there is no need for any changes as it would be stupid to change a set up that's lifted us into a decent league position?

Only a fool would be advocating we change the manager now.

This is typical of St Mirren fans. A run of losses and they want the manager gone, win a couple in a row and the manager is the new messiah. The fact is that the same theory I quoted that said there was no point in a change of manager still stands true as to why No-one should be getting carried away.

I'll confidently predict that St Mirren will be unable to sustain their run of form and will finish in the bottom 3. I'll also predict that fans will again turn on Lennon and blame him all over again.

This is typical of St Mirren fans. A run of losses and they want the manager gone, win a couple in a row and the manager is the new messiah. The fact is that the same theory I quoted that said there was no point in a change of manager still stands true as to why No-one should be getting carried away.

I'll confidently predict that St Mirren will be unable to sustain their run of form and will finish in the bottom 3. I'll also predict that fans will again turn on Lennon and blame him all over again.

Exaggeration in the extreme Stu. lol.gif

While I agree that supporters are fickle the thread is merely showing that the very poor period is behind us.

There's no guarantee it won't return but, looking at the bigger picture, there's nothing between many teams in this league and there's no reason St Mirren can't be one of the teams that can be around mid-table.

In other words , we won the cup with Goodwin in the central defensive role , followed by an horrific league run-in afterwards with Goodwin in the central defensive role , followed by an awful start to this season , shipping goals left right and centre , with Goodwin in the central defensive role ! Then we moved Goodwin from the central defensive role , just as the wannabee managers wanted and heyyyyyy. You get my drift ?

It's aaaaaaaaalllllllllllll so easy when you are sitting on your comfy chair in the stadium or at home with no pressure on you and no need to worry about stuff like man management skills, egos, training and having to come up with your own ideas.

You have to wonder why so few managers succeed if it's this obvious and easy.

Your poor memory of Mair a while back and McGregors return from injury is frankly showing us all why you didn't make it in the game.

I think like many others (and particularly in that list I mentioned above), you find it easy to see the negative side of other people's efforts but none of your own shortcomings.

With your record on confident predictions we can relax. Your attitude to all things St.Mirren leave you incapable of logical thinking where our team is concerned.

It's aaaaaaaaalllllllllllll so easy when you are sitting on your comfy chair in the stadium or at home with no pressure on you and no need to worry about stuff like man management skills, egos, training and having to come up with your own ideas.

You have to wonder why so few managers succeed if it's this obvious and easy.

Your poor memory of Mair a while back and McGregors return from injury is frankly showing us all why you didn't make it in the game.

I think like many others (and particularly in that list I mentioned above), you find it easy to see the negative side of other people's efforts but none of your own shortcomings.

My poor memory's failing me again , what the f**k are you blithering about ????

And what's this about not making it in the game? I was employed full time elsewhere ya bawhum and did my manager/coach thing for the love of the game , I had no designs of doing anything more than I did ! The umpteen trophies my teams won was satisfaction enough for me , and the fact that various associations asked me to run their league select sides showed that the people who mattered to me at that time thought I was good at what I did.

One things for sure , no endless pile of bollocks posted by you about me will alter the fact that I have a trophy cabinet full of prizes and memories ! x

Looking at the league table the next two games against Hibs and then Inverness are huge for us.. 2 wins could see us caught right up with the top 6 where only 5 points currently separate 2nd-6th. Two defeats would see us lose touch with the top 6 most likely. Both games at home so are definitely winnable!

You, wilbur, norrie82, bud the baker and billyg (the wannabee manager) proved that when the going got tough you lost your nerve, bottled it and turned your back on the team when it needed you most.

You abandoned your team until they started winning again and therefore deserve every ounce of scorn and dogs abuse that you are receiving at the moment.

Supporting a winning team is easy. Properly supporting a struggling team is what makes the victories especially sweet.

I have no idea what form of "support" you lot think you were demonstrating when in reality you were making our team's performance worse by making them scared to touch the ball in case they made a mistake.

Without people like you our team would have recovered their confidence much quicker than they did.

Utter rubbish! This is a forum for discussing all things St. Mirren - Lennon's Mk. 1 formation for this season wasn't working and criticism of it was not abandoning the team or losing nerve it was acknowledging the reality of the situation. The team clearly had no confidence in Lennon's original tactix and it was only when they were changed that any semblance of confidence returned to the team.

It was the sight of his P45 on the horizon that prompted Lennon to change his tactix - claiming credit for the change as some of us have done is a bit of tongue in cheek one-upmanship although it comes as no surprise you fail to recognize this.

I'll continue to give DL the same support I've given any St. Mirren manager - past, present or future

And yet we beat both Celtic and Hearts to win the league cup with Goodie alongside McAusland. No Harkins in sight either.

There's no doubt Goodie is playing a pivotal role in the team but we needed to have defenders to replace him. McGregor returning means we have them now.

Don't forget we lost 2 goals in both of these games - a less potent attack meant we couldn't afford to continue with Goody&Cheesy as a CD combination.

Football often boils down to a game of cat&mouse between coaches - what might have worked as a novelty last season when we had the exceptional Isma in our team was clearly not working at the start of this season.

I am delighted the team have turned it around, but we all know we're just a couple of defeats from another crisis, so don't think we can take anything for granted.

The team deserve huge credit for turning it around, as they had not been performing early in the season. The manager deserves credit for putting young players into the team and letting a winning team continue, despite more experienced and highly paid players being left out.

I see no reason for bickering and point scoring. The team is winning and rising up the table - doesn't that make us all happy. Some of us wrote the manager off, some of us were willing to give him time. The only thing I found unacceptable in the early weeks of the season was the abuse given to the manager on here and on Twitter. Some of the language used to belittle him and his achievements here as manager were pathetic and displayed a complete lack of class. For those that refrained from that - well done.

I've digressed. Let's just enjoy a run of 4 wins from 5 games and the excitement of seeing young players with the potential to go onto greater things, such as McGinn, McLean, Kelly, Naismith and Newton. Hopefully more to come from the youths as well. It's a good time to be a buddie - embrace it.

Utter rubbish! This is a forum for discussing all things St. Mirren - Lennon's Mk. 1 formation for this season wasn't working and criticism of it was not abandoning the team or losing nerve it was acknowledging the reality of the situation. The team clearly had no confidence in Lennon's original tactix and it was only when they were changed that any semblance of confidence returned to the team.

It was the sight of his P45 on the horizon that prompted Lennon to change his tactix - claiming credit for the change as some of us have done is a bit of tongue in cheek one-upmanship although it comes as no surprise you fail to recognize this.

I'll continue to give DL the same support I've given any St. Mirren manager - past, present or future

There's me thinking it was because he wasn't winning any games.

I am delighted the team have turned it around, but we all know we're just a couple of defeats from another crisis, so don't think we can take anything for granted.

The team deserve huge credit for turning it around, as they had not been performing early in the season. The manager deserves credit for putting young players into the team and letting a winning team continue, despite more experienced and highly paid players being left out.

I see no reason for bickering and point scoring. The team is winning and rising up the table - doesn't that make us all happy. Some of us wrote the manager off, some of us were willing to give him time. The only thing I found unacceptable in the early weeks of the season was the abuse given to the manager on here and on Twitter. Some of the language used to belittle him and his achievements here as manager were pathetic and displayed a complete lack of class. For those that refrained from that - well done.

I've digressed. Let's just enjoy a run of 4 wins from 5 games and the excitement of seeing young players with the potential to go onto greater things, such as McGinn, McLean, Kelly, Naismith and Newton. Hopefully more to come from the youths as well. It's a good time to be a buddie - embrace it.

Amen to that.

Whatever the reasons, this in bold is the frankly hilarious bit, as I believe, only my opinion, there are some forum members who BELIEVE they had some input into the recent changes.

The hypocrisy from some so called supporters is beyond belief.

Again, speculating what has happened, and it is only that, and is of no concern to me, only the fact things, at this moment in time, have changed.

Unfortunately there are still some who lurk and await the slightest chance to go over the top, and that's what happened from some, although I'm not putting you in that bracket, if and when we lose a game or two when all that matters is our club survive, give us all some pleasure and something to be proud of.

Edited by faraway saint

I'd just like to thank the "sack DL" brigade,too many to mention individually, for their magnificent efforts in turning things round on the park.You boys played a blinder and to be honest I don't know where the Club would be without you.

THANKS VERY MUCH LADS.

Don't forget we lost 2 goals in both of these games - a less potent attack meant we couldn't afford to continue with Goody&Cheesy as a CD combination.

Football often boils down to a game of cat&mouse between coaches - what might have worked as a novelty last season when we had the exceptional Isma in our team was clearly not working at the start of this season.

Good Gawd man. You'll spout any p!sh to try to defend the undefendable. (No pun intended.)

we Fockin' won the games. Lee Mair had been a bombscare and everyone and their granny were screaming for a change. They got the only one availlable and we won a major trophy with Jim in the heart of the defence.

Sorry. We could have went with a rusty Barron. That would have been sooooo much better.

Some folk can't accept they're talking p!sh until they taste the residue!whistling.gifbangin.giflol.gif

Edited by stlucifer

Good Gawd man. You'll spout any p!sh to try to defend the undefendable. (No pun intended.)

we Fockin' won the games. Lee Mair had been a bombscare and everyone and their granny were screaming for a change. They got the only one availlable and we won a major trophy with Jim in the heart of the defence.

Sorry. We could have went with a rusty Barron. That would have been sooooo much better.

Some folk can't accept they're talking p!sh until they taste the residue!whistling.gifbangin.giflol.gif

Now where did I deny that we won both games & the LC?

Where did I say we should've played Barron?

I merely pointed out that we didn't keep a clean sheet in either game and that the combination clearly wasn't working at the start of the season.

As for the rest of your post, I'm in complete agreement - Some folk can't accept they're talking p!sh until they taste the residue!whistling.gifbangin.giflol.gif

If i was a St Mirren fan, i'd be worried about what happens if the wheels come off the bus, playing the boo boys formation and tactics?

How would the boo boys react?

"he's got rid of the passing game, we're playing hoof ball, he's doing what we told him to do, and we're getting beat again, DANNY OUT!"

If i was a St Mirren fan, i'd be worried about what happens if the wheels come off the bus, playing the boo boys formation and tactics?

"he's got rid of the passing game, we're playing hoof ball, he's doing what we told him to do, and we're getting beat again, DANNY OUT!"

If I was you I'd worry more about Thistle and how they're gonna fare after we poach Archibald.

Guest somner9

"he's got rid of the passing game, we're playing hoof ball, he's doing what we told him to do, and we're getting beat again, DANNY OUT!"[/quote

Danny Lennon ate my hamster

"he's got rid of the passing game, we're playing hoof ball, he's doing what we told him to do, and we're getting beat again, DANNY OUT!"[/quote

Danny Lennon ate my hamster

Good Gawd! The Hamster was probably bigger than Danny!lol.gif

Edited by stlucifer