Turned Around?

Don't think we're playing hoofball1eye.gif

Also There was a thread or two on here where we could put down our team lines. Not sure I remember anyone suggesting our currently line up and plenty including me not convinced with our team sheet against Aberdeen (when the turn around came)

Presactly , a bit like the notches on your belt representing every cheap shot you make on this wee forum !

Show me the medals!

Please do let us know exactly how many medals, trophies and certificates you have won.

I think I speak for us all when I say that we are waiting with baited breath for the final tally.

Please feel free to include certificates of attendance and 50 metre swim awards.

Frankly the rest of us are feeling a wee bit awed by your greatness.

I mean, there are people out there who help to find cures for horrible diseases and those who do charity work helping the sick and vulnerable but what REALLY impresses people is when someone comes on here and tells us how many plastic medals he won as the manager of Dukla Pumpherston Sawmill and Tannery FC under-14 3rd XI.

THAT is a life of sacrifice worth praise in anybody's book.

Show me the medals!

Please do let us know exactly how many medals, trophies and certificates you have won.

I think I speak for us all when I say that we are waiting with baited breath for the final tally.

Please feel free to include certificates of attendance and 50 metre swim awards.

I mean, there are people out there who help to find cures for horrible diseases and those who do charity work helping the sick and vulnerable but what REALLY impresses people is when someone comes on here and tells us how many plastic medals he won as the manager of Dukla Pumpherston Sawmill and Tannery FC under-14 3rd XI.

Stafford...is that you?

..............and the BoD were considering it!

BUT, and this is fairly crucial…..they didn't follow through with it.

In the process they saved themselves a 6 figure compensation sum, countless weeks of instability, speculation and almost certain managerial appointment despair for our club and fans and let Danny turn things around allowing us to enjoy a nice and comfy last 5 or 6 weeks.

Had they followed your advice we'd probably still be second bottom, struggling for points and we'd probably also be stuck with an even less experienced manager.

Of course that last sentence is speculation but presumably you'\re not about to say that a new manager (even Fergie) would have seen our last 5 results bettered?

Edited by oaksoft

BUT, and this is fairly crucial…..they didn't follow through with it.

In the process they saved themselves a 6 figure compensation sum, countless weeks of instability, speculation and almost certain managerial appointment despair for our club and fans and let Danny turn things around allowing us to enjoy a nice and comfy last 5 or 6 weeks.

Had they followed your advice we'd probably still be second bottom, struggling for points and we'd probably also be stuck with an even less experienced manager.

Of course that last sentence is speculation but presumably you'\re not about to say that a new manager (even Fergie) would have seen our last 5 results bettered?

That's a different issue - pod seems to be in denial over whether it was an issue at all. I was in favour of giving Lennon more time, at least until till the Hearts game so we're in agreement that the BoD made the correct decision.

League football has always been about how well you're doing compared to other teams - so yes.

I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again but I don't expect the BoD to sack the manager at this stage. IMO Lennon will get at least the next four games until we play Hearts just before the next international break - these are the joys of supporting a diddy club. holiday.gif

As to what would have happened if Lennon had gone after the Thistle game, who knows - like you say it's a matter of speculation. Since Gilmour took over as Chairman he's sacked 4 managers - 3 in mid-season so like I said at the time either Lennon would change his tactix (like he did in his first season) and results would improve or he would be fired.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Loving this, sounds just like a post match Saturday evening in the Abbey bar.. Ahh sweet mystery of life

Not a bit of it , do you actually think oaksoft would come away with the smart alec stuff in a boozer face to face. You must see he is the prime example of the internet smartarse who in reality wouldn't say boo to a fly !

Show me the medals!

Please do let us know exactly how many medals, trophies and certificates you have won.

Oaksoft speaks for all the internet hardmen ! bye1.gif Self proclaimed king of the real-life mice !

Not a bit of it , do you actually think oaksoft would come away with the smart alec stuff in a boozer face to face. You must see he is the prime example of the internet smartarse who in reality wouldn't say boo to a fly !

Oaksoft speaks for all the internet hardmen ! bye1.gif Self proclaimed king of the real-life mice !

Internet hardman?

I don't think so.

Strictly anti-violence bud and proud to be whatever you think I am - mouse or otherwise.

BTW you might want to tone down the vaguely threatening comments about face to face stuff.

Especially in a public forum when it's extremely easy to identify who is making those threats.

Internet hardman?

I don't think so.

Strictly anti-violence bud and proud to be whatever you think I am - mouse or otherwise.

BTW you might want to tone down the vaguely threatening comments about face to face stuff.

Especially in a public forum when it's extremely easy to identify who is making those threats.

blink.png Tone down ??????? Or in your case , climb down !bye1.gif

blink.png Tone down ??????? Or in your case , climb down !bye1.gif

I'm not climbing down at all.

I'm advising you that even hinting at making threatening comments on a public forum isn't smart.

The courts are full of people who thought they could do that.

Edited by oaksoft

I'm not climbing down at all.

I'm advising you that even hinting at making threatening comments on a public forum isn't smart.

The courts are full of people who thought they could do that.

Oh so it's ok for you to "advise" on a public forum ? Whereas the guys who "advised" Danny to change his team selection were there to be shot down by you and your fellow smartarses?

Oh so it's ok for you to "advise" on a public forum ? Whereas the guys who "advised" Danny to change his team selection were there to be shot down by you and your fellow smartarses?

I'm pretty sure I wasn't making veiled comments about having them express their views face to face with me.

I was assuming you knew the difference.