Turned Around?

A third of the season gone and it's our 3rd highest points accumulated since our return.

After 13 games:

13/14 - 15 pts

12/13 - 12

11/12 - 16

10/11 - 11

09/10 - 12

08/09 - 12

07/08 - 14

06/07 - 16

In 06/07 we only won another 4 games and nearly went down. In 11/12 we actually only won another 5 but with a lot of draws finished 8th. Would be nice to better that this season.

A third of the season gone and it's our 3rd highest points accumulated since our return.

After 13 games:

13/14 - 15 pts

12/13 - 12

11/12 - 16

10/11 - 11

09/10 - 12

08/09 - 12

07/08 - 14

06/07 - 16

In 06/07 we only won another 4 games and nearly went down. In 11/12 we actually only won another 5 but with a lot of draws finished 8th. Would be nice to better that this season.

Oh no, more good news, bring back the moaning and predictions of doom, that's much more fun.

Our next 3 league games might tell us more than the last 7.

Inverness, currently 2nd (H), Aberdeen, currently 5th (A) and Motherwell, currently 3rd (A)

What would be a realistic return from these 3 games?

The best I can see would be 5 points, I'll not say what could be the worst. whistling.gif

Edited by faraway saint

After 13 games:

13/14 - 15 pts

12/13 - 12

11/12 - 16

10/11 - 11

09/10 - 12

08/09 - 12

07/08 - 14

06/07 - 16

In order to satisfy the likes of Duke you'll need to artificially manipulate the stats to show non-OF games only.

Nope I've no idea why he thinks that's relevant either but he seems convinced.

This is quite an interesting take on things. Tell me , if someone pointed me out to you in a pub , would you walk up to me and say" Show me your medals" or would you just keep quiet and keep the peace ?

I wouldn't need you to be pointed out. You'd be the one standing on a table announcing your famous and brave victories to everyone not drunk enough to shut your voice out.

Of course you wouldn't be the first loud mouth in a pub to brag about how great you were so I'd wait until you announced how you could have been an SFL manager and then I'd be sure of who you were.

Of course I wouldn't come over and say it to your face.

Your manliness would intimidate me enough from the other side of the bar you big hunky scary thing you.

Is that the answer you were hoping for?

I hope so cos I'd like to get back to the thread.

At present we've just beaten 3 of the 4 teams below us on this run, 2 away from home at that too. We will more than stay up, and may be on for our best top league finish for decades if current form continues.

What is there not to be happy about? All of those who stated their preference for league form over cup progress are getting their wish...

After 13 games:

13/14 - 15 pts

12/13 - 12

11/12 - 16

10/11 - 11

09/10 - 12

08/09 - 12

07/08 - 14

06/07 - 16

It's all down to the teams you've faced - no Rangers in the league, a very weak Hearts team and the Celtic game at Parkhead being postponed to a time of greatest convenience for them whistling.gif but having said all that I'm more than happy with 8th place in the league.

At present we've just beaten 3 of the 4 teams below us on this run, 2 away from home at that too. We will more than stay up, and may be on for our best top league finish for decades if current form continues.

The next four league games are

• ICT (H)
  • Aberdeen (A)
  • Motherwell (A)
  • Dundee Utd. (H)

a daunting schedule - it could all be very different with toys out of the pram by the time these games are played.

What is there not to be happy about? All of those who stated their preference for league form over cup progress are getting their wish...

It's got to be a combination of both - I've said since 2007/08, the Gretna season and it the previous manager's record that was being discussed that our definition of a decent season should be 10th in the league and not getting put out of the Cups by a lower league team.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest somner9

It's all down to the teams you've faced - no Rangers in the league, a very weak Hearts team and the Celtic game at Parkhead being postponed to a time of greatest convenience for them whistling.gif but having said all that I'm more than happy with 8th place in the league.

The next four league games are

• ICT (H)
  • Aberdeen (A)
  • Motherwell (A)
  • Dundee Utd. (H)

a daunting schedule - it could all be very different with toys out of the pram by the time these games are played.

It's got to be a combination of both - I've said since 2007/08, the Gretna season and it the previous manager's record that was being discussed that our definition of a decent season should be 10th in the league and not getting put out of the Cups by a lower league team.

jesus christ even when we go on an unprecedented run of form the forum is still full of gloom merchants saying "aye it'll no last..."

Remember top six by 17:00pm Jan 1st 2014....!

thank god Danny doesn't use the posts in here for motivation... half the team would be six feet deep in mud under the erskine bridge by now.

SMTID

jesus christ even when we go on an unprecedented run of form the forum is still full of gloom merchants saying "aye it'll no last..."

Remember top six by 17:00pm Jan 1st 2014....!

thank god Danny doesn't use the posts in here for motivation... half the team would be six feet deep in mud under the erskine bridge by now.

SMTID

I have realistic expectations of what we should be targeting unlike you who said in the summer that Lennon's contract should not be renewed unless we either finished in the Top Six or won another trophy!

Guest somner9

I have realistic expectations of what we should be targeting unlike you who said in the summer that Lennon's contract should not be renewed unless we either finished in the Top Six or won another trophy!

Top six is Danny,s publicly stated objective by which he and the squad should be judged. Sp if he thinks it's realistic then so do I..!

And it,s gonna happen, and then your gonna believe it.... Although it probably inspire another round of "aw naw,s"

Top six is Danny,s publicly stated objective by which he and the squad should be judged. Sp if he thinks it's realistic then so do I..!

And it,s gonna happen, and then your gonna believe it.... Although it probably inspire another round of "aw naw,s"

Are you still saying he shouldn't have his contract renewed if he doesn't fulfil one of the two criteria?

Guest somner9

As I said it was an objective he gave himself to get the team into an end of season top six spot. So in his fourth season if he can,t achieve that, or indeed deliver another trophy instead then yes by the standard he has asked to be judged by I would if I was his employer be looking to who could deliver that objective.

that said I know that we will be top six this season, so I don,t expect that particular scenario to decide what happens as regards contract renewal. Indeed he could be poached a la, butcher by a club recognising his achievements.

As I said it was an objective he gave himself to get the team into an end of season top six spot. So in his fourth season if he can,t achieve that, or indeed deliver another trophy instead then yes by the standard he has asked to be judged by I would if I was his employer be looking to who could deliver that objective.

that said I know that we will be top six this season, so I don,t expect that particular scenario to decide what happens as regards contract renewal. Indeed he could be poached a la, butcher by a club recognising his achievements.

Top Six is a possibility and one I'd be delighted to see us achieve - however it's very improbable that we'll be there by January 1st and by the way the offer of a bet on the terms I stated is still open.

PS - A Top Six finish might be the aim in the league but did Lennon actually say anywhere that it should be a make or break target?

This whole thread is laughable, of course we've turned the corner, we've won 4, drawn 1 out of the last 6. Of course Danny should get his contract renewed, he's won us a cup and we're sitting mid table with some of the most promising youngsters in years! What exactly do people want the next manager to do that will be better than this???

Edited by Big Yards

This whole thread is laughable, of course we've turned the corner, we've won 4, drawn 1 out of the last 6. Of course Danny should get his contract renewed, he's won us a cup and we're sitting mid table with some of the most promising youngsters in years! What exactly do people want the next manager to do that will be better than this???

Thanks. whistling.gif

PS We've won 4, drawn 2 out of the last 7, boo boy!

Edited by faraway saint

Guest somner9

It's quite obvious people have had it in for Danny since day 1 and nothing will change that so I probably shouldn't even waste my breath on this!

So right there are quite a few that can,t bring themselves to do anything but blame Danny for anything and everything

Yes, things have turned around.

And that's because Danny is now using the long ball, moved Goodwin out of defence, put McGowan up front and ditched all his summer signings.

The fact that its turned around after he finally started doing what Lex & myself advocated for months shows how clueless he really is! :lol:

He's also had a good bit of luck with all the great youngsters - brought to the club during the reign of Gus Macpherson - coming through.

There are some who can't bring themselves to admit that myself & Lex were right all along and that they and Danny were wrong all along!

I admitted your greatness some time ago.

I also told you Danny was waiting on your call which didn't come hence our dropping 2 points on Saturday.

Where were you at the weekend when we drew?

I admitted your greatness some time ago.

I also told you Danny was waiting on your call which didn't come hence our dropping 2 points on Saturday.

Where were you at the weekend when we drew?

Stop quoting him, nobody, well almost nobody, bothers with him anymore.

Too much shite, too many times and he's become the forum ghost. snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

Yes, things have turned around.

And that's because Danny is now using the long ball, moved Goodwin out of defence, put McGowan up front and ditched all his summer signings.

The fact that its turned around after he finally started doing what Lex & myself advocated for months shows how clueless he really is! :lol:

He's also had a good bit of luck with all the great youngsters - brought to the club during the reign of Gus Macpherson - coming through.

What exactly did McPherson do that was better than what Danny has? Win a cup? Take us to the highest league position in decades? Nah didn't think so, this fixation with the horrible wee man that was Gus has to stop!!

Once again a person who only chooses to recognize one half of the argument, the other side of the scales hold 3 cup exits to lower league teams, two 11th place finishes in the league, last season only an underprepared Dundee side finished below us - very much a mixed bag.

So right there are quite a few that can,t bring themselves to do anything but blame Danny for anything and everything

...........and yet your target for renewing his contract is tougher than mine. lol.gif

I'll repeat my question from earlier - did Lennon say a Top Six finish was a target or a minimum acceptable finish?