The Jim Goodwin Thread

Big Jim would have made a big difference today in my opinion. Especially in the second half as Hibs came more into the game. Still a point in the bag and a game we potentially would have lost at the start of the season. Kello played well again.

Agree. But i think he would have had at least a booking playing against the Hibs No14.

Agree. But i think he would have had at least a booking playing against the Hibs No14.

He comes in for a lot of criticism on this site, despite this thread, and whilst some is appropriate it is out of proportion at times and his absence today contributed to Hibs growing in confidence and establishing a foothold in the second half.

Things are looking up though considering it was 3-0 Hibs at Easter Road and without our Midfield Enforcer and Captain Marvel we more than deserved a point.

In all seriousness though it only took 1 game to show how much we miss him when he's not there.

He comes in for a lot of criticism on this site, despite this thread, and whilst some is appropriate it is out of proportion at times and his absence today contributed to Hibs growing in confidence and establishing a foothold in the second half.

Things are looking up though considering it was 3-0 Hibs at Easter Road and without our Midfield Enforcer and Captain Marvel we more than deserved a point.

In all seriousness though it only took 1 game to show how much we miss him when he's not there.

Must stress my comment was not a criticism of Goodwin, simply meaning that the way the no14 was chucking himself about i think goody would have been "played on" to get him booked

Must stress my comment was not a criticism of Goodwin, simply meaning that the way the no14 was chucking himself about i think goody would have been "played on" to get him booked

No offence intended. I never really addressed your point. Perhaps it is a part of Jim's game that he has to work on, in that of reducing his numerous bookings. However given his role, the fact he quite clearly isn't a ghost in the eyes of the SPFL referees and the sheer ability he must have at getting under other players skins, opponents will always look to get him booked...

Hopefully he can reduce his bookings though as he was missed in his current role today as you say.

• 1 month later...

Goodwin gets booked, Ciftci then does exactly what Goodwin did, not once, not twice, but THREE time and no action. Unbelievable. He really does get a raw deal. It was virtually his first of the game and Madden was itching to get his cards out. Completely the correct decision to bring him off, as Madden would have sent him off at all costs today.

He was lucky to get away with nothing for an elbow early in the game daft fouls but also fouls given against him that I thought were never fouls.

But he was lucky he didn't get a 2nd for charging in like and idiot after getting a yellow and on the verge of another.

Standing ovation was ott. He could of lost us that game had the ref given him a 2nd yellow for that one. Was right to get hooked and if he was upset at Lennon subbing him for that then he's is an idiot no way would he of lasted 90 mins

He had to come off, another foul it was a red and Lennon would have got absolute pelters for not subbing him! Didn't have a great view but thought his yellow was harsh!

Not van panics biggest fan but thought he did well as Goodwins replacement

That's a bit harsh! - He was faultless! (Vanzy that is - not Goodie?)

Jim definetly went OTT today for me, could easily have been sent off early, caught Armstrong with an elbow about 10 mins in and seemed to be on a mission to kick or elbow everything in sight. I understand the need to put a marker down especially against a side full of creativity like DU usually are but at times he was a complete loose cannon today. Everyone of us would be fuming if an oposition player put it about like he did today. I appreciate the role he plays but today he could have cost us big time.

He was lucky to get away with nothing for an elbow early in the game daft fouls but also fouls given against him that I thought were never fouls.

But he was lucky he didn't get a 2nd for charging in like and idiot after getting a yellow and on the verge of another.

Standing ovation was ott. He could of lost us that game had the ref given him a 2nd yellow for that one. Was right to get hooked and if he was upset at Lennon subbing him for that then he's is an idiot no way would he of lasted 90 mins

i feel sad for you - because we won today, obviously you hope and wish that the referee spots everything and goodwin gets sent off - no luck for you today though, incidentally it's "could have" not "could of" and maybe you would have a point if we did lose the game - but we didn't

Jim definetly went OTT today for me, could easily have been sent off early, caught Armstrong with an elbow about 10 mins in and seemed to be on a mission to kick or elbow everything in sight. I understand the need to put a marker down especially against a side full of creativity like DU usually are but at times he was a complete loose cannon today. Everyone of us would be fuming if an oposition player put it about like he did today. I appreciate the role he plays but today he could have cost us big time.

moaning about something that didn't happen - no pleasing some folk i guess

Goodwin is an idiot who could easily have costed us the 3 points if DL didn't sub him. He was dreadful last week, losing possession continually (see 'well's 2nd goal) and was a near liability this week.

His first contribution today was to give away a needless foul in the middle of the park when the utd player had his back to goal. Very wise Jim, just make the ref aware of you within the first couple of minutes.

The ego far outweighs the talent AND contribution... Get him benched.

He had to come off, another foul it was a red and Lennon would have got absolute pelters for not subbing him! Didn't have a great view but thought his yellow was harsh!

Not van panics biggest fan but thought he did well as Goodwins replacement

if he played well - why call him van panic, just another moan for moans sake guy are you ? we won 4 feckin 1 today. you moaners really get on my wick

Goodwin is an idiot who could easily have costed us the 3 points if DL didn't sub him. He was dreadful last week, losing possession continually (see 'well's 2nd goal) and was a near liability this week.

His first contribution today was to give away a needless foul in the middle of the park when the utd player had his back to goal. Very wise Jim, just make the ref aware of you within the first couple of minutes.

The ego far outweighs the talent AND contribution... Get him benched.

unbelievable - we won 4-1 and still we get moaning minnies on here