The Jim Goodwin Thread

Thinking Jim Goodwin should be contacting his players union representative , and raise the issue of the BBC being selective in how they edit their highlights in such a way that it will be detrimental to him when his current contract is up . Also think he should ask his players union rep to look at the last two games footage and see how little protection Jim Goodwin is getting , and how other players seem to getting away with more .

That's a good shout. I'm assuming he pays his subs, so he should get them to work for it.

The funny thing is open all mics on a Saturday seem to hit out with "Jim Goodwin picks up a yellow there and you have to say that's harsh...." Cue Sunday night and the BBC go against what their own match reporter says by consistently highlighting fouls committed by Jim. If these media outlets are so keen to highlight bookings or fouls then it should be all of them or none. To completely ignore all other instances and single out Goodwin is pathetic.

Talking of TV......on the highlights package the commentators states that it's "only a yellow card for Goodwin " , wtf , seriously ?

KInd of sums up all the preconceptions around this Goodwin gate nonsense.

Indeed and precedes that with "Goodwin appears to lead with the elbow" .....that commentary has been put on after the game and looking at it 6 or 7 times I can't see how you can possible say that from the footage on a camera view 70 yards away. Very questionable commentary on an incident that just isn't there to be seen. Absolute nonsense.

edited to say it's just typical of the lazy journalism in Scotland at the moment...uneducated ex players pocketing money to trot out the same line week after week mainly about Celtic and what they think is still Rangers. The discussion on young player yesterday was so poor it was laughable...."Ohh Chris Commons wonderful..but Stevie May scores goal....but Chris Commons best in the country....but wait Dundee Utd have 2 great youngsters and err there must be a couple at Aberdeen." Really is there just think of a big team and they must have a good youngster, no need to actually have any idea who the current young players are.

Lazy lazy stuff and depressing to listen to waiting for a brief mention of a decent Saints win with some very well worked goals.

Edited by WirralSaint

If Thommo is on Sportsecene tonight, he'll have to be prudent in terms of what he says regarding the Goodwin booking. He'd have every justification in referring to it as the travesty it so clearly was, but the last thing we need is a witch-hunt against another of our key players. Such is the small-minded pettiness of some officials it would appear.

The Goodwin affair is sickening, as it has a major impact on the player, matches, and our progress as a club this season. I think it is time for the club to raise the matter formally, and, as suggested earlier, for Jim to take it to his union. I'm not sure sure if other players throwing their tuppence worth in is a good idea, however.

Edited by Drew

Indeed and precedes that with "Goodwin appears to lead with the elbow" .....that commentary has been put on after the game and looking at it 6 or 7 times I can't see how you can possible say that from the footage on a camera view 70 yards away. Very questionable commentary on an incident that just isn't there to be seen. Absolute nonsense.

edited to say it's just typical of the lazy journalism in Scotland at the moment...uneducated ex players pocketing money to trot out the same line week after week mainly about Celtic and what they think is still Rangers. The discussion on young player yesterday was so poor it was laughable...."Ohh Chris Commons wonderful..but Stevie May scores goal....but Chris Commons best in the country....but wait Dundee Utd have 2 great youngsters and err there must be a couple at Aberdeen." Really is there just think of a big team and they must have a good youngster, no need to actually have any idea who the current young players are.

Lazy lazy stuff and depressing to listen to waiting for a brief mention of a decent Saints win with some very well worked goals.

Spot on......

For those of a certain vintage it reminds of Archie Weetabix heid McPherson. His match commentaries always mentioned the Rangers and Celtic players by name, any other team had 'ohhh ooooooooofffff, great play the youngster., great effort by the boy, super shot by the youngster blah de blah. Blatant lazy preconceived pish. In fact that should be the new name or next name for the Spfl when it gets reinvented again, the Blatant Preconceived Pish League...BPPL

If Thommo is on Sportsecene tonight, he'll have to be prudent in terms of what he says regarding the Goodwin booking. He'd have every justification in referring to it as the travesty it so clearly was, but the last thing we need is a witch-hunt against another of our key players. Such is the small-minded pettiness of some officials it would appear.

The Goodwin affair is sickening, as it has a major impact on the player, matches, and our progress as a club this season. I think it is time for the club to raise the matter formally, and, as suggested earlier, for Jim to take it to his union. I'm not sure sure if other players throwing their tuppence worth in is a good idea, however.

Thommo can say plenty without saying anything that will get him in to trouble. Even a wee shake of the head and right angry eyes when it is mentioned, maybe even a wee point and shake of a finger. Put away the Mr Nice Guy Thommo for 5 minutes.

We cant let this go on.

Thommo wont let us down.

And neither it should, if it did Thommo would be quite right to ask why this was the only yellow card to be shown.

I'm not sure about that. it was controversial moment because our player was booked for absolutely nothing. That warrants consideration, and therefore inclusion in the highlights.

we await Mr Lunnys decision on Scobies head butt at 3.29.

& funnily ,totally ignored by the beebs "experts"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/25803411

Strange we had replay after replay of Goodwin v Motherwell last year and v Utd this season but nothing highlighted on this.

Appears headbutts to the chest are OK

Interesting too that Adams one of the main complainants has a side sitting plumb last in discipline with 46 yellows and 4 reds

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/tennis/st-mirren-star-john-mcginn-3040225

Well it's a start I suppose, still think we should really throw the toys out the pram and kick up a fuss though. Send a dossier to the SFA and that kind of greeting and moaning everyone else does. We show far too much class sometimes and get nothing for it!

we await Mr Lunnys decision on Scobies head butt at 3.29.

& funnily ,totally ignored by the beebs "experts"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/25803411

TBF , there is a lot going on in there, over and above the head butt on the chest. It was a stramash , a melee , a rammy . .

I never saw it until the second viewing. .

The ref could have booked a few of them , it was a real powder keg. .

TBF , there is a lot going on in there, over and above the head butt on the chest. It was a stramash , a melee , a rammy . .

I never saw it until the second viewing. .

The ref could have booked a few of them , it was a real powder keg. .

yep , there is an awful lot of pushing , jostling etc, but a headbutt ,whether to the chest or not is the sort of thing i would expect the authorities to take action on.

STV at it too......absolutely constant this stuff and after a complete non incident at the weekend.
Lazy work and just outright victimisation of a player....pathetic !

Our manager makes one comment in defence of his player and they choose to start a facebook topic

Danny Lennon thinks Jim Goodwin is being singled out by officials, and said it could hinder his career. Do you agree with him?
https://www.facebook.com/stvsport

Bearing in mind the only other thing they've chosen to put on their page for over a month is the goal highlights.

STV at it too......absolutely constant this stuff and after a complete non incident at the weekend.

Lazy work and just outright victimisation of a player....pathetic !

Our manager makes one comment in defence of his player and they choose to start a facebook topic

Bearing in mind the only other thing they've chosen to put on their page for over a month is the goal highlights.

At least it gives a public platform to air OUR views. No bad thing, no matter the real motive. It's up to us to make sure there are more supporters of DL's views than detractors.

I noticed Lee McCulloch's intentional looking elbow on Forfar's Chris Templeman in last night's League 1 fixture. He got booked for it but I'm fully expecting a media witchhunt, questioning whether this should've been a red and looking at McCulloch's rather naughty history over the past few years.

However, on the other hand, he is the Rangers captain....

I noticed Lee McCulloch's intentional looking elbow on Forfar's Chris Templeman in last night's League 1 fixture. He got booked for it but I'm fully expecting a media witchhunt, questioning whether this should've been a red and looking at McCulloch's rather naughty history over the past few years.

However, on the other hand, he is the Rangers captain....

That thug has a far worse track record than Goodwin. I remember when he was playing for his last club he got sent off for elbowing Graham Carey.

We came back from 1-0 down and won 2-1 as a result in what was to be Rangers last ever visit to Paisley.

Now he's playing for the new club it would seem old habits die hard. Says a lot about the new club that such a thug is held in such high regard there.

That thug has a far worse track record than Goodwin. I remember when he was playing for his last club he got sent off for elbowing Graham Carey.

We came back from 1-0 down and won 2-1 as a result in what was to be Rangers last ever visit to Paisley.

Now he's playing for the new club it would seem old habits die hard. Says a lot about the new club that such a thug is held in such high regard there.

McCoist and McCulloch were in the press the week after that stating their disapointment that Carey had "went down a bit too easily".

McCulloch is a talentless thug who has made a career out of this since he went to Rangers.

The Old scum, (sorry, firm) get away with that type of thuggery, Cue Scott Brown who does it regularly, but when done to him he complains. He was found out in European games. The media see them as the God's of Scottish football and can do no wrong, as I listened to the BBC sport on Saturday after the game and Speirs said we need Rangers !! WTF

The Old scum, (sorry, firm) get away with that type of thuggery, Cue Scott Brown who does it regularly, but when done to him he complains. He was found out in European games. The media see them as the God's of Scottish football and can do no wrong, as I listened to the BBC sport on Saturday after the game and Speirs said we need Rangers !! WTF

The media need Sevco.