The Jim Goodwin Thread

personally, i'm disappointed that a saints player continues to appear on sportscene and be seen to accept the BBC bias

Like goodwin, he was done up like a kipper last night

I don't know why any player is on that panel. Anything that doesn't toe the party line and they are up infront of a panel for bringing the game into disrepute.

Gave Casper a friendly toot of the horn earlier as he cycled past Morrisons Cardonald.

Contrary to what Fanny Adams of Dingwall may think, Jim gave a courteous wave back.

He didnae headbutt my windae or boot me up my exhaust aperture or give me any verbal abuse.

Mr Goodwin - St mirren Legend and Gentleman.

"Aye, but, but, but, he did it too..."

It boils down to he does it too much, silly random fouls too much, pulling too much, elbows too much, blatantly just runs in to players for no reason too much. He's on the park, affecting our results, the rest don't matter.

Aside from elbows, the rest of what you list are commonplace in every match. I wasn't at Dingwall, but was at the Aberdeen and Utd games recently where he was booked almost routinely for offences others would get away without a booking. And I haven't seen him blatantly elbow anyone that I can remember. There was the incident he was pulled up for against Utd at SMP, which I accept was a bit nasty. but other than that he's a hard but mostly fair player in my view.

I wouldn't hold back from saying if I thought he was a liability. The fact is that he isn't. He's our captain, and a far better player than he gets credit for, due to the pathetic label he's been given by the media. I'd like to think we'd all be behind him, but it's down to personal choice really.

In my view he deserves to be treated more fairly.

We need to either release goodwin at the end of the season or put him in rehab for a personality replacement. It's now ridiculous how much unjust attention hes getting. Yet another fellow professional accusing jim of two elbowing incidents when one was a clash of heads! Some no mark from county spouting off in the paper should be called in for bringing the game into disrepute. I won't read rat face Adams comments on the stv site as it's obvious what they contain. He also should be pulled in. There seems to be no one in the sfa willing to step in and stop this. We can blame Goodwin all we like and god knows he's been a bit silly at times but it really pisses me off when humans can't think for themselves and jump on the bandwagon, and other dafties believe them. Were going to have to get Goodwin a strip that has the sleeves sewed into the body to keep his arms by his side. He'd still gat booked for someone falling into him

Furious over reaction from Adams. With an attitude like that it's no wonder his side are plumb bottom of the disciplinary league with 52 yellows and 5 reds.

Also seems to think the designated technical area doesn't apply to him either...Saturday saw him charge onto the pitch then storm over into our area where Danny stood his ground...back out with the 4th official making a half hearted "I'm looking the other way" effort at calming him and back and forth another 2 times that I saw .....absolutely no discipline or respect for the rules and then expects to be heard from a compliance officer.

If anyone's behaviour needs looking at it's his.

Absolute headcase !

I think Adams has been waiting for Saturday. Big Jim showed up him after the 'ghost' game by saying on Radio Scotland that he'd shaken hands with Adams after that game and that Adams hadn't said anything to him before he went running to the media to cry. I can't believe that critcising, and now repeatedly criticising, a fellow professional is not seen as bringing the game into disrepute.

The football media in this country aren't great either. Managers are great at using a 'diversion' to take attention away from a poor performance, bad defeat etc, and the sporting media just lap it up without actually questioning why it's happening. So when we beat County 2-1, they were piss poor and get 2 men sent off, Adams comes out with his 'ghost' comments. All the media guys run off delighted with this story, and no-one stops to say "but Derek that was a very poor performance, Sproule's tackle was an absolute shocker and you had another player sent off". Similarly with Jackie McNamara & Dundee Utd after we beat them 4-1.

I understand that all the whataboutery can get you nowhere, but there's no doubt that the media are watching for him every week and that keeps the pressure on. I watched Paul Paton unnecessarily stand on James McFadden's back after he'd fouled him in Friday night's game. A fairly nothing incident, no card was produced and it hasn't been highlighted or discussed since. But is it whataboutery to suggest that had Jim Goodwin done that, it would've been highlighted and discussed by the media after the game? I remember Lee McCulloch's elbow in the back of the head of Forfar's Templeman a few weeks ago. It looked deliberate, he was booked but there was no media 'should it have been a red card' frenzy about it after the game.

As someone said earlier in the thread, 'naughty' incidents happen every week in every game and some players are more likely to be involved than others. However, there's one player whose every move is being scutinised way more than anyone else.

Isnt it ironic that we have the second best discipline in the league.

At the moment we're 3rd equal, however (Inverness) 2nd and Dundee Utd (3rd =) have both played less games than us.

Jim Goodwin currently tops the individual chart with 11 points (equal with Pascali from Kilmarnock, and Bannigan from Thistle.)

I assume these figures don't include Vincent Lunatics handywork.

It would be interesting to see some figures on how often that idiot has cited various clubs. Assuming Goodwin recieves another citation today, that will be at least 4 times that he has picked us out. (2x Goodwin, Hasselbaink and Goncalves)

Have other teams been cited as often? Or are we seen as an easy touch?

I didn't watch the highlights and I just saw the challenge for the first time on Chapsticks post. He'll defo cop a suspension for that on top of his ban which starts on Saturday. We'll not see him again this side of the split I'm afraid. The wheels are coming off big time !

Most of us did see it coming last year though !

The first one is a foul, probably a booking.. but if you watched all 6 SPL games from the weekend you could easily pick out 5 identical challenges, it happens in every league every week. As for the second challenge it's a completely accidental 50/50 clash of heads.

The way the media/managers/players are targetting Goodwin is ridiculous. He is a tough player and can at times be dirty but he's not the worst in the league.

The first one is a foul, probably a booking.. but if you watched all 6 SPL games from the weekend you could easily pick out 5 identical challenges, it happens in every league every week. As for the second challenge it's a completely accidental 50/50 clash of heads.

Careless more than anything but no intent.....If there's any action taken from this then we may as well hire those Chinese judges from the Olympic speed skating and cite 14 or 15 players every single week.

Clearly something has to be done. Board as usual say nothing. Difference on Saturday was that Goodwin was not involved in anything off the ball. I watched utd v well on Friday and one player was clearly stood on and Rankin had his face cut from a flying arm. No mention by the beeb. Thompson and Nevin take their fees and say nothing on those points.

Clearly something has to be done. Board as usual say nothing. Difference on Saturday was that Goodwin was not involved in anything off the ball. I watched utd v well on Friday and one player was clearly stood on and Rankin had his face cut from a flying arm. No mention by the beeb. Thompson and Nevin take their fees and say nothing on those points.

What do you expect Thompson to say? He gave his view on the 1st half incident, but a more vigorous defence of his team-mate and club captain would only invite ridicule and charges of conspiracy theorising etc. He is in an invidious position, though I accept that he could easily decline the invite to appear on the programme as a pundit.

What do you expect Thompson to say? He gave his view on the 1st half incident, but a more vigorous defence of his team-mate and club captain would only invite ridicule and charges of conspiracy theorising etc. He is in an invidious position, though I accept that he could easily decline the invite to appear on the programme as a pundit.

Correct Drew but hes not likely to decline an invite to appear as this is a nice wee number for him when his playing days are over. Cant blame him really.