The Jim Goodwin Thread

One of the main problems is that wherever he travels in the Scottish game his 'reputation' goes before him.

It's just like Suarez, a reputation as a diver - so anytime he goes down in the box, justifiably or not, he attracts all kinds of comment and abuse. Great player as he is, that tag is VERY difficult to shake off.

Jim, sadly doesn't learn from the fact that he is being targeted and he continues with his often-used uncompromising approach. This just gets the attention and he gets booked, harangued and vilified .

It's the state of the game nowadays. The players get much more protection than a number of years ago. players like Souness wouldn't last 45 minutes in the game now. Ron Harris of Chelsea wouldn't even get 5 minutes out on the pitch, it would be two straight yellow cards in the first two tackles.

Edited by The Original 59er

Drew. I agree with you but I was merely stating that the beeb or pundits were ignoring serious incidents from the utd well match I watched on bt sport.

Time they simply showed the highlights and actually gave credit to decent skill and encouraged good play. You can virtually predict what the pundits will say to most situations anyway...generally.... "I have to say I've seen them given...He's given the referee a decision to make...well it's soo close just ahead/level but we'll give the linesman the benefit of the doubt with the pace...difficult to give handball when it's hit from that distance away"....one big yawnn.

Dear me, all this media bleating about mass murderer James Goodwin Esq., talk about path of least resistance to get a story...............let's get Goodwin cos he gets Adams foaming at the gash and is an easy reportable target for Vincent and the tremendous SFA compliance reviews.

The biggest arse in all this is though is Derek Adams, taking his spurned man love for Goodwin to new levels of cringeworthy bleating.

For a grown up to be so petulant and child minded and to run off at the mouth the way he does, just shows him up as a right fool..................thumbdown.gif

Hmm, on topic, one for future book marking , but I reckon Jim Goodwin will end up as a decent team manager. Coaching badges and the licence studies underway....

Allied to his playing experince, his motivation , drive, and articulate manner, I reckon he'll do allright.

Jist sayin like..................

Its a copy and paste from the SFA website showing his suspension methinks.

That's the suspension for too many yellow cards not for the Ross county incident. If Jim doesn't get cited today I think he is safe, the whole point of the new disciplinary procedures was that it should be dealt with before the next match.

Danny Lennon has been cited by the 'Compliance Officer'

Adams too, no mention of Goodwin though as yet.

The compliance officer maybe needs a special dispensation for Goodwin's extra long suspension.....

Click here to read the SFA's fascinating article

Edited by ds10

Ffs.......Games changed beyond all common sense and understanding now...........I mean a Compliance Officer citing over verbals between managers. Not to mention anything about receiving complaints, trawling recorded highlights of games and citing players.

Sick of it.......frankly it makes a total mockery of football quite honestly. Serves only to disaffect fans imo.

Now the first incident might have been a bit iffy but when you look at them again, if he had jumped into the second challenge in the same way then his forearm would have rested on the County players back/neck area minimising the force of the head clash.

This is how players are taught to jump from a young age, protect yourself. No wild swing if the arms and no flying elbows.

Neither incident were deliberate IMO.

There was a deliberate incident in the game involving Jim though.

When Jim was on the ground after being brushed off the ball in the build up to the second County goal he was hit by a coin from the County fans.

Credit to Jim, he picked the coin up and tossed it to the edge of the pitch. He didn't make a meal of it, didn't give it to the ref or linesman and just got on with it.

Maybe Adams should think about behaving in the same way.

Edited by davidg

the point was made that danny used foul and abusive language,the same point that bbc teuchter used to delay the broadcast of the game,danny will be subject to stronger punishment than madams, that is if he did not use similar language. the teuchters have a bee in their bonnet about swearing and i would not be surprised if some wee free member made the complaint regarding language (4th official? )

the point was made that danny used foul and abusive language,the same point that bbc teuchter used to delay the broadcast of the game,danny will be subject to stronger punishment than madams, that is if he did not use similar language. the teuchters have a bee in their bonnet about swearing and i would not be surprised if some wee free member made the complaint regarding language (4th official? )

BBC Alba took the view that if they broadcast the match with the swearing regularly featuring throughout the match from the crowd they could be in trouble with Offcom for broadcasting so much swearing before the watershed. Nothing to do with the Wee Frees at all.

Now the first incident might have been a bit iffy but when you look at them again, if he had jumped into the second challenge in the same way then his forearm would have rested on the County players back/neck area minimising the force of the head clash.

This is how players are taught to jump from a young age, protect yourself. No wild swing if the arms and no flying elbows.

Neither incident were deliberate IMO.

There was a deliberate incident in the game involving Jim though.

When Jim was in the ground after being brushed off the ball in the build up to the second County goal he was hit by a coin from the County fans.

Credit to Jim, he picked the coin up and tossed it to the edge of the pitch. He didn't make a meal of it, didn't give it to the ref or linesman and just got on with it.

Maybe Adams should think about behaving in the same way.

ffs jim might have thrown the coin to me ,I would have stuck it in the kitty for the driver